HIDEAWAY STUDIO... New Kontakt Release Imminent...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you will have sensed it is becoming an increasing challenge to juggle my available time but I can now announce that there is a new Kontakt library now in final testing which I will be releasing in December.

The last couple of years have been a whirlwind of activity behind the scenes at Hideaway Studio with an eye watering amount of highly cherished kit coming into The Lab for overhaul/modification from famous clients, intriguing new hardware designs conceived, some using 50 year old tube technology, and much capture of new sonic textures and colours awaiting future release..

Sometimes my SoundCloud area will give the occasional glimpse of things going on in the background:

https://soundcloud.com/hideaway-studio

There have been some very surprising moments too which have meant a lot to me such as finding my libraries and custom equipment used in a couple of major film sound tracks and my name in small print on the CD inlays of the last three Jean-Michel Jarre albums and Goldfrapp's Silver Eye.

Equally I have been very touched by the amount of people writing to say nice things about the Kontakt libraries which very much energises me to continue making new releases.

There is a considerable amount of new raw material captured which will feed a series of new releases in the coming months including booster packs for existing popular libraries.

Many will have noticed that the Hideaway Studio Kontakt libraries now also have their own area on the superb KontaktHub which has certainly helped to reach a wider audience:

https://www.kontakthub.com/label/Hideaway-Studios/

KontaktHub is nicely put together, and for those considering making multi-purchases, it certainly is a heck of a lot less painful than doing so on my rather clunky site!

While I have your attention - I have been meaning to ask an important question for some time now....

I have been deliberately holding back and continuing to release my libraries in Kontakt 4 as I have had a major phobia of alienating too many of my customers using older versions but I am now strongly considering finally releasing subsequent libraries in a later version. One of the driving factors is that a new library in the making would most definitely benefit from some features found in the later versions of Kontakt.

I would be very interested to hear people's opinions on this subject - not least to gauge how many are still using K4.

All the best,

Dan Wilson, Hideaway Studio.
https://www.hideawaystudio.co.uk
Home of Novachord #346...

Great sounds Dan!

I have all your products and find them very inspiring. Just fantastic to see something new on the horizon!

Good work, Dan :tu:

You can put me down as a K4 user (stubbornly hanging on for Kontakt 6! (assuming that K6 will be supported on Windows 7)). I may end up being obsolete.

BUT, if the new libraries need the new features in K5 then go for K5. ;)

I think that there was an informal survey here relatively recently on what versions people were using, but I cannot find it.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Good to see your talents being recognised Dan & great to hear new stuff is on the way. It was only a couple of nights ago that I was enjoying meandering through The String Collection - wonderful stuff!
K5 user here.

It seems that a great majority of Kontakt userbase is on K5 now... Methinks 5.5.2 is the sweetspot currently, unless some of the newer KSP features are really needed.

Dan, Your VI's are my all time favorites ~ truly buried treasure resurrected. As far as NI goes, I think the version of Kontakt that Mario suggests is definitely what goes, because he da man. Thank you again for all your fantastic samples of epic instruments.

Good to hear you are having good experiences of Kontakthub, Dan, they seem like good folks, and I like the idea of one source to gather together lots of cool indie libraries in one place - I've already seen many things there that I had never heard of...

Kontakt 5.x these days, I think.

I think your Cinematics bundle was the first Kontakt instrument I bought, really beautifully put together collection and loads of high quality, emotive sounds to use, particularly liked the strings but there's so much great material to choose from the various sets.

I'm glad you're able to make a living from something that is clearly a) highly enjoyable and involving for you and b) gives such a rich and vibrant pallete for us button pressers to enjoy ;)

Edit: oh yes, back to the original question, Kontakt 5
Last edited by shonky on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent stuff Dan: I've bought about 75% of your products and it's great to know that you might be releasing some more software libraries in the forthcoming months.

I have Kontakt 5, so for selfish reasons I'd prefer for you to stick to K5 products (it might also be easier to achieve your 'vision' for your libraries?).

Lastly, I note on your soundcloud page an Elka Synthex sample, amongst all the other wonderful recordings of envy-inducing equipment you have come into contact with.
Hopefully, you might be tempted to release a Synthex library in the future - you'd do a brilliant job of capturing the essence of the grand machine, I'm certain.

Cheers,
DW

Another vote for Kontakt 5 from my side. :tu:

I'll join the group here to praise Dan's work!
Inspiring!

+1 for K5

:clown:
Last edited by HideawayStudio on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

As ever... very many thanks to all for your kind words - it helps me to keep going for sure :hug:

Sorry the wait has been so long this time but the new library is now out and can be found both on the Hideaway Studio website and KontaktHub.

There are more details here...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=495910

nordickvr wrote: +1 for K5
One more :party:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”