Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really curious about this one as well. The only thing I own from them is the First Chair Violins which is pretty good but I hardly use it. That isn't because it's not good but because I have a few other string libraries I like more, including LASS, Chris Hein and Novo... I bought it because when they had their intro sale it was just too good a price to pass up.

I guess I'll join the chorus of people clamoring for a demo or a walkthrough or something that actually shows what it's capable of or how it works. I'm tempted to blind buy it but I also know I could end up spending $100 on something I don't really need. I don't actually doubt the quality of the product because I think Auddict, despite not being a household name, make quality stuff, but how useful it is for me personally is the big question.

If any of the people here who are buying this want to help out both Auddict and us potential buyers, make even a short video showing off some of the features :)

goldenhelix wrote:I'm really curious about this one as well. The only thing I own from them is the First Chair Violins which is pretty good but I hardly use it. That isn't because it's not good but because I have a few other string libraries I like more, including LASS, Chris Hein and Novo... I bought it because when they had their intro sale it was just too good a price to pass up.

I guess I'll join the chorus of people clamoring for a demo or a walkthrough or something that actually shows what it's capable of or how it works. I'm tempted to blind buy it but I also know I could end up spending $100 on something I don't really need. I don't actually doubt the quality of the product because I think Auddict, despite not being a household name, make quality stuff, but how useful it is for me personally is the big question.

If any of the people here who are buying this want to help out both Auddict and us potential buyers, make even a short video showing off some of the features :)
My concern has nothing to do with needing it. Believe me, I'll make use of it based on what I've heard so far. My concern is spending $100 on a plugin that crashes my DAW every time I try loading it. It's happened before. It can happen again. Granted, it's very rare. But $100 is not chicken feed.

I'm not all that interested in another multi-sampled instrument thingey.

But it sounds good from the demo if you're into cinematic stuff and the like but that's not really my thing.

I think for $100 it'd be a decent buy (if you like your sampled stuff).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Decided to bite the bullet on this one. Definitely need a manual for this thing.

wagtunes wrote:
goldenhelix wrote:I'm really curious about this one as well. The only thing I own from them is the First Chair Violins which is pretty good but I hardly use it. That isn't because it's not good but because I have a few other string libraries I like more, including LASS, Chris Hein and Novo... I bought it because when they had their intro sale it was just too good a price to pass up.

My concern has nothing to do with needing it. Believe me, I'll make use of it based on what I've heard so far. My concern is spending $100 on a plugin that crashes my DAW every time I try loading it. It's happened before. It can happen again. Granted, it's very rare. But $100 is not chicken feed.
Your concern is not my concern.

wagtunes wrote:Decided to bite the bullet on this one. Definitely need a manual for this thing.
I (and I guess a couple of other people, too) would appreciate an honest review from a synth pro. :hyper:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Decided to bite the bullet on this one. Definitely need a manual for this thing.
I (and I guess a couple of other people, too) would appreciate an honest review from a synth pro. :hyper:
Well, it's gonna take some time. This isn't a basic subtractive synth. Really could use a manual, which at the time doesn't exist.

I'll try to have something substantial to report before the month is out. But initial thoughts go something like this...

"Like Softube Modular, a lot of thought is going to need to go into making this thing sound good if creating patches from scratch."

The factory stuff, obviously, is good. But my gut tells me that these guys had to put a lot of time into getting those patches to sound that good. My first "try" at design was fair at best.

So yeah, this thing is going to require time and patience. So if that's something somebody is short of, unless they're going to be content using the factory presets or buying packs that are well done, this is probably a synth you want to stay away from if you're an impatient sound designer.

wagtunes wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
Well, it's gonna take some time. This isn't a basic subtractive synth. Really could use a manual, which at the time doesn't exist.

I'll try to have something substantial to report before the month is out. But initial thoughts go something like this...

"Like Softube Modular, a lot of thought is going to need to go into making this thing sound good if creating patches from scratch."

The factory stuff, obviously, is good. But my gut tells me that these guys had to put a lot of time into getting those patches to sound that good. My first "try" at design was fair at best.

So yeah, this thing is going to require time and patience. So if that's something somebody is short of, unless they're going to be content using the factory presets or buying packs that are well done, this is probably a synth you want to stay away from if you're an impatient sound designer.
Thanks for your initial thoughts. I probably won't buy it until at least a basic walkthrough video because I like to get an idea of the workflow. This kind of thing is fairly personal (I've seen people say that FM8 is difficult and I find it pretty easy and can get fairly quick results, for example) so it'll be easier for me to judge whether it's something I'd actually enjoy using when I see the basic process for patching.

From the VI control thread, it looks like they plan on having some videos up before they end the sale, so hopefully that ends up being the case.

First it really is impressive. Love the sounds.

My guess is that they really wanted this out for Black Friday. Offering it half price until they release a manual and some videos shows real character. I have several of their sample libraries and I am astounded by their products.

This is a very promising synth and using Hise is clearly a wave moving forward.

So far no issues on Windows 10 in Cubase 9.5.

Oh, and you are welcomed. Ha ha ha ha.

So, it’s a rompler?

Yes. If you want interesting,check out Hise and start making one of your own
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Does anybody know where presets are stored? I can't find a folder anywhere.

wagtunes wrote:
mgw38 wrote:

Is this a competitor to Zebra? And is Zebra easier to program?

axb312 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
mgw38 wrote:

Is this a competitor to Zebra? And is Zebra easier to program?
Two completely different synths. Neither is a competitor to the other.

Return to “Instruments”