Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

So another FR

The new filters sound great, but would there be anyway to also have them be insertable as an effect? It could add alot of flavor to be able to insert them anywhere in the effects chain and with different types

garryknight wrote:I've just been through all the Arp patches and some of them aren't arpeggios. For example, Above All, which is a set of string chords.
Yeah, that was a little weird. I noticed that also.

One of the init patches says it is missing a sample:

Opened it up to mess around with it again and half of the text boxes just have jumbled text. Look at the waveform name, filter type, env type, all the effects names. Closing and re-opening seemed to have fixed most of them though

Sometimes while playing patches, the speakers will make a light poping noise and the synth will stop making sound until a new patch is selected.

wagtunes wrote:For those on the fence about getting this because of no demo, price, whatever, you all know that I am the first one here to bitch about everything. I have contributed to more than my fair share of train wrecked threads.

I look at it this way.

1) Price - I don't consider this an upgrade. These are two completely different synths. That they're offering an upgrade price at all I think is very generous given how complex ANA 2 is. So the $83 and change that I spent is still far less than a comparable synth like this would cost. Go on, try and get a synth this deep for 83 bucks. Good luck with that.

2) Demo - These are not some fly by night guys. They've been around a long time. Phil is always here. If there's problems with the current build, they'll get fixed. That isn't even a concern. So get it while you can still get it cheap and if fixes are needed, barring the company being blown off the map, they'll get done.

This purchase was a no brainer for me and I never buy a synth without demoing it first. I trust Sonic Academy to ultimately come out with a kick ass product that, with the discount for ANA 1 owners, blows away any other synth for that money.

Look at it this way? Do you REALLY want to spend $200 for this thing if you wait for a demo to come out and the introductory sale is over? I know I didn't. That's why I got this thing without even blinking an eye

And my library for it will be coming out in February.

Get it. You won't be sorry. (The synth, not my library. LOL)
could you do a brief comparison for ANA 2 vs Synthmaster One in terms of being primary synth for general stuff?
How does filters, effects, CPU usage, UI, workflow stacking against one another.

SMO is carbon copy of Hive (in a good way) with certain improvement like Wavetables which I'm not particularly interested in.
As for ANA 2 it seems to had gathered ideas from all over the place. With all that 3D wavetables, samples and whatnot. CMD is kind of original I believe.

Found an issue with the Arp - see image - the first 8th note is missed.
ANA2-Arp-Bitwig2.JPG
This is in Bitwig 2.2.2, 64-bit, Win10
EDIT: It actually seems to throw the whole arp out - all the steps appear to be delayed by 1/8th - Arp set to 1/8th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cb8rwh on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shame that there's no demo of ANA 2 yet. From the sound demos, i hear a lot of Dune 2's sound character though, maybe i'm wrong.

Especially in this sound example, i hear a lot of that Dune envelope vibe:

https://soundcloud.com/sonic-academy/ab ... audio-demo
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demo should be on it's way. I bought it without demo and I don't regret it. ANA2 certainly didn't disappointed me
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

dangayle wrote:One of the init patches says it is missing a sample:

the file is there, the name was just slightly changed - just hook it up to the "Short Punch 2" file in the Punch cat

dangayle wrote:
garryknight wrote:I've just been through all the Arp patches and some of them aren't arpeggios. For example, Above All, which is a set of string chords.
Yeah, that was a little weird. I noticed that also.
it's an ARP for sure, but its functionality isn't limited to just arpeggios - its used to program patterns and chords / stabs etc too in our patches

I seem to have been doing something wrong when using arps. I didn't have the 'RETRIG' option checked in the ARP settings. Once that is done, the arpeggiator works as expected. Just in case anyone has a similar issue.
cb8rwh wrote:Found an issue with the Arp - see image - the first 8th note is missed.

This is in Bitwig 2.2.2, 64-bit, Win10
EDIT: It actually seems to throw the whole arp out - all the steps appear to be delayed by 1/8th - Arp set to 1/8th.

I am sure that somewhere in this whole thread it was mentioned that Serum wavetables could be imported. Has anyone had any luck in doing that?

I tried, by copying all my serum wavetables into the User 3D Wavetables folder, then selecting one. The Morph dial wasn't shown, meaning that it wasn't recogmised as a 3D Wavetable.

cb8rwh wrote:I am sure that somewhere in this whole thread it was mentioned that Serum wavetables could be imported. Has anyone had any luck in doing that?

I tried, by copying all my serum wavetables into the User 3D Wavetables folder, then selecting one. The Morph dial wasn't shown, meaning that it wasn't recogmised as a 3D Wavetable.
Could you post a screenshot of your folder structure so I can see what the issue might be?

Here it is
ANA2-FolderStructure.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”