Goodhertz comes to Windows?...Goodhertz comes to Windows!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote:Gotta love these guys... it’s been free updates from v1 - v3. Can’t complain about that at all

Still have to buy Faraday limiter and Vulf Compressor
Those are the best ones, imo. The transformer emulation on Faraday is gorgeous.

Those are absolutely amazing sounding plugs, but the rest are nothing to ignore either...

What I love is that these seemed to be designed for the purpose of making specific tasks faster and easier.

Tilt Shift is another one I haven't bought yet, but it will probably be the next one I get before Faraday and Vulf. Tilt Shift is just dead simple but immediately effective.

I know there's lots of these "if you had to do it all over again" type threads on here, but if I did have to do it all again, I'd be happy with just suites of Goodhertz, Fabfilter and Soundtoys for most mixing options. From there I'd add just a few plugins here and there to support that core group of tools.

I would gladly ignore IK, Izotope (except for RX), Slate and Waves (except for Abbey Roads Plate).

Autobot wrote:Before I try this plugins and potentially fall in love. I wonder what kind of copy protection Goodhertz uses? Is it challenge response? And does it work without a internet connection (my workplace PC has no Internet)

Thanks
For me, on macOS, you have to log into your GH account through the plugin on first launch. Then any other GH plugins will open without the log in. Under certain circumstances I find I have to re-login via the plugin to use them. This could be a problem if you aren't on the internet as it will render your GH plugins unusable until you can re-login. I have not yet determined why it asks to log in again. It doesn't happen very often but when it does you need to be prepared with internet access.

plexuss wrote: For me, on macOS, you have to log into your GH account through the plugin on first launch. Then any other GH plugins will open without the log in. Under certain circumstances I find I have to re-login via the plugin to use them. This could be a problem if you aren't on the internet as it will render your GH plugins unusable until you can re-login. I have not yet determined why it asks to log in again. It doesn't happen very often but when it does you need to be prepared with internet access.
We've improved this in v3: you shouldn't ever need to relogin in Goodhertz plugins under normal circumstances. We do also now offer an offline option in v3 — though only for purchased plugins, not free trials.

devkerr wrote:
plexuss wrote: For me, on macOS, you have to log into your GH account through the plugin on first launch. Then any other GH plugins will open without the log in. Under certain circumstances I find I have to re-login via the plugin to use them. This could be a problem if you aren't on the internet as it will render your GH plugins unusable until you can re-login. I have not yet determined why it asks to log in again. It doesn't happen very often but when it does you need to be prepared with internet access.
We've improved this in v3: you shouldn't ever need to relogin in Goodhertz plugins under normal circumstances. We do also now offer an offline option in v3 — though only for purchased plugins, not free trials.
Excellent to know thanks!

Glad you improved the authorization process and added a preset manager. Minimalistic is a good idea however there are bare essentials needed for productivity and usability. I think Goodhertz plugins now offer closer to a complete feature set while still remaining minimal.

I said this already over at Gearslutz but it's worth saying again. I'm extremely impressed with these plugins. I don't know what it is about them but it seems to be almost impossible to not get good results with all of them. I'm especially in love with that tremolo FX thing right now.. it's incredible.. and that tape wow thing. I'm definitely getting a bunch of these once my demo runs out.

Oh and the headphone cross-feed thing? It's by far the most natural sounding one I've ever encountered. These kinds of plugins have never really worked for me (so I cooked up my own solution) but this is indeed the best one yet. It just works.. so that's probably going to be my first plugin to purchase.

Well done Goodhertz, well done. And thanks for porting these to the Windows platform too!! I hope you guys are getting rewarded a plenty for this.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Fantastic! Devin Kerr is a great guy and all of their plugins are top quality. I'm about to switch from Mac to Windows (because Apple stopped caring about desktops), and this news came at a perfect time.
Love. :tu:

Without a doubt the best character plugins out there. Grab a demo and abuse the 25% actual offer. Lossy, Vulf Comp, Wow control are unique and that’s only the beginning.
Sorry for the fanboyism :)

Return to “Effects”