RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Cubase Pro 13 REAPER Serum Studio One Professional

melomood wrote:I've noticed crap music knows no specific DAW
:hail: True!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Always amusing to see when some throw out their personal opinions as if they were somehow facts :D ..and I agree with melonmood. It's not because the DAW your music sucks, nor is it the reason why you are successful.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

The software design does influence the user, so its important to choose the right instrument for you. Miller Puckette (Pd developer) gave a talk on that relationship, "The Deadly Embrace Between Music Software and Its Users"
http://msp.ucsd.edu/Publications/pdf_EMS14_puckette.pdf
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Kinh wrote: People like Zedd use Cubase because it's all they've ever known and why jump ship? especially when there's a learning curve involved in starting a new process. Reality is Zedd could get a lot more done if he made the move to Ableton land. You say people swear by Cubase's workflow. Do they really? Have you asked them if workflow is the main reason for continuing with CB? NO. You will find workflow isn't #1 on their initiative list, id be something else like familiarity.

People are afraid of change but that doesn't mean change is a bad thing.
Lol Okay.

It literally says on His page on Steinberg "Cubase Pro is the center of my production world. It has an intuitive workflow and layout that allows me to create music quickly and efficiently" -ZEDD
So...no. It’s not familiarity.
It’s workflow

You wanna make generalizations about everyone else saying that everyone would be better off moving to ableton and that it’s superior to other daws so be it. And you wanna say that one of the most successful producers on the entire planet is making a mistake somehow by not using a certain software go ahead.
I stick to my original comment, workflow is different for everyone.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Kinh wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:
Kinh wrote:I'm sorry but Ableton is the future.
Things like MPE and vst expression, found in other daws really are of little practical use in the real world. Good for promoting a product but that's about it.
Kinda like the new McDonalds 'gourmet' range: looks good on the commercials, great idea on the surface but then you bite into it and it tastes like shit.

What matters in daws above all is speed and practicality, something Cubase and Studio 1 just do not offer. I'm sorry but lets get real, they dont. You can do things in Ableton in one tenth of the time it takes you to do it in Cubase. Cubase is a mess. Years of development, playing catch up, it's structure was designed when people were still using hardware samplers and rock music was in vogue. Look at the progression of music since and at where we are now. Ableton caters to music of today and thus is the future. Guitar sales went down 30% last year. The other daws cater to music of a bygone era mostly and they've just incorporated all the other things after for the electronic market which makes their workflow slow in general, regardless of what genre you do.
Where do I start With this...

Firstly your claim that MPE dosent have use in the real world is absolutely ridiculous. Go watch a promotional video of one of the Roli controllers and tell me that has no use in the real world. The live performance possibilities, the ease and creativity, it’s simplily an awesome and exciting new technology.

Secondly Cubase and S1 don’t have a fast workflow FOR YOU, and that’s going under the assumption that you have ever actually even used them.
There’s plenty of people out there who swear by Cubase and it’s workflow (including Zedd), others swear by FL, some Logic, myself? I found Bitwig has the workflow that caters to me best. And none of us are wrong because we all work differently. Just because Ableton worked for you dosent make it any better than any other DAW. And just because the other 2 didint work for you dosent make them any less useful for others.
I found Studio one wasn't my cup of tea and sold it but that dosent make the opinions of Studio One users any less valid. Simply what works for them works.
People like Zedd use Cubase because it's all they've ever known and why jump ship? especially when there's a learning curve involved in starting a new process. Reality is Zedd could get a lot more done if he made the move to Ableton land. You say people swear by Cubase's workflow. Do they really? Have you asked them if workflow is the main reason for continuing with CB? NO. You will find workflow isn't #1 on their initiative list, id be something else like familiarity.

can ableton do this on a single pc with 100S of kontakt and EW play instances without VEpro and all running without being rendered to audio(because reaper can)
this is the image of score done by the sound designer ,will roget at cod ww2
who said himself at a conference that he switched from ableton to reapee because of awful screen usage and lacks of custom action button and awful cpu usage and no custom batch render script and he said that the "blocky half colored midi"was not to his liking
reaper score by cod ww2.jpg
zedd is also having the same problem as will roget had so he is using cubase
zedd project.jpg
they use other program because of ableton's limitation and GUI and lack of things which other programs provide which help their workflow

and if you still say that ableton is having the best workflow and best features or live 10 is fire
then boy i am not afraid to call you

"a 13 year old dumb c**t who see the software used future bass artist as the only software to make future bass"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Well I say it somewhat depends on how much your music depends on the built in instruments in Live.
I have used the freeware sampler Sortcircuit 1 for over a decade, and because of this the actual sequencer workflow, and how well a particular DAW intergrates with my vsti is more important than the what other bells, and whistles are built into the DAW.
FL, and Ableton seem very equal overall, but funny thing is I don't need any of the built in samplers even though they are the 2 most sampler freindly DAW's out there.
So someone like myself can easily migrate to a blank slate type of DAW such as Podium, and make the same music.

Spencer Maddox wrote:
Kinh wrote: People like Zedd use Cubase because it's all they've ever known and why jump ship? especially when there's a learning curve involved in starting a new process. Reality is Zedd could get a lot more done if he made the move to Ableton land. You say people swear by Cubase's workflow. Do they really? Have you asked them if workflow is the main reason for continuing with CB? NO. You will find workflow isn't #1 on their initiative list, id be something else like familiarity.

Lol Okay.

You wanna make generalizations about everyone else saying that everyone would be better off moving to ableton and that it’s superior to other daws so be it. And you wanna say that one of the most successful producers on the entire planet is making a mistake somehow by not using a certain software go ahead.
I stick to my original comment, workflow is different for everyone.
No, I'm simply saying the most successful producers in the world who aren't using Ableton could be even more successful.
It literally says on His page on Steinberg "Cubase Pro is the center of my production world. It has an intuitive workflow and layout that allows me to create music quickly and efficiently" -ZEDD
So...no. It’s not familiarity.
It’s workflow
that is what's commonly referred to as an 'endorsement' which = $$$ or in Zedd's case, big $$$. No one's selling music anymore. How do you think these producers are earning millions?

Apratim wrote:
Kinh wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:
Kinh wrote:I'm sorry but Ableton is the future.
Things like MPE and vst expression, found in other daws really are of little practical use in the real world. Good for promoting a product but that's about it.
Kinda like the new McDonalds 'gourmet' range: looks good on the commercials, great idea on the surface but then you bite into it and it tastes like shit.

What matters in daws above all is speed and practicality, something Cubase and Studio 1 just do not offer. I'm sorry but lets get real, they dont. You can do things in Ableton in one tenth of the time it takes you to do it in Cubase. Cubase is a mess. Years of development, playing catch up, it's structure was designed when people were still using hardware samplers and rock music was in vogue. Look at the progression of music since and at where we are now. Ableton caters to music of today and thus is the future. Guitar sales went down 30% last year. The other daws cater to music of a bygone era mostly and they've just incorporated all the other things after for the electronic market which makes their workflow slow in general, regardless of what genre you do.
Where do I start With this...

Firstly your claim that MPE dosent have use in the real world is absolutely ridiculous. Go watch a promotional video of one of the Roli controllers and tell me that has no use in the real world. The live performance possibilities, the ease and creativity, it’s simplily an awesome and exciting new technology.

Secondly Cubase and S1 don’t have a fast workflow FOR YOU, and that’s going under the assumption that you have ever actually even used them.
There’s plenty of people out there who swear by Cubase and it’s workflow (including Zedd), others swear by FL, some Logic, myself? I found Bitwig has the workflow that caters to me best. And none of us are wrong because we all work differently. Just because Ableton worked for you dosent make it any better than any other DAW. And just because the other 2 didint work for you dosent make them any less useful for others.
I found Studio one wasn't my cup of tea and sold it but that dosent make the opinions of Studio One users any less valid. Simply what works for them works.
People like Zedd use Cubase because it's all they've ever known and why jump ship? especially when there's a learning curve involved in starting a new process. Reality is Zedd could get a lot more done if he made the move to Ableton land. You say people swear by Cubase's workflow. Do they really? Have you asked them if workflow is the main reason for continuing with CB? NO. You will find workflow isn't #1 on their initiative list, id be something else like familiarity.

can ableton do this on a single pc with 100S of kontakt and EW play instances without VEpro and all running without being rendered to audio(because reaper can)
this is the image of score done by the sound designer ,will roget at cod ww2
who said himself at a conference that he switched from ableton to reapee because of awful screen usage and lacks of custom action button and awful cpu usage and no custom batch render script and he said that the "blocky half colored midi"was not to his liking
reaper score by cod ww2.jpg
zedd is also having the same problem as will roget had so he is using cubase
zedd project.jpg
they use other program because of ableton's limitation and GUI and lack of things which other programs provide which help their workflow

and if you still say that ableton is having the best workflow and best features or live 10 is fire

"a 13 year old dumb c**t who see the software used future bass artist as the only software to make future bass"
Any DAW will look like shit when you pick only the best features of every other DAW and compare it to the weakest features of a single DAW.

Apratim wrote:

Of course you're not afraid to call me that over the internet. Duh! because you wouldn't to my face, and given my bicep is probably bigger than your thigh it's obviously much wiser. :clap:

Ableton Live, it doesn't have everything, but it has a very good worklow with racks. At least for Hip Hop, Pop, RnB and EDM. I use it for years and I'm really happy with it. I can't stand any other DAW than Ableton.
You have Simpler (you can drag&drop a kick, snare, hat into a new midi track immediately, very good for workflow), you can loop midis and stretch them out, then cut them and edit individual midi files for verse, refrain, bridge. The DAW is grey, just like a white paper for an artist, nothing that distracts you with shiny colors and other cheap stuff.
The built-in effects are really good and I love the Max4Live effects (e.g. Convolution Reverb).
Side-Chaining is very easy, you can even make a Drum-Rack and side-chain only one drum-pad with a baseline, you don't have to make a new track for the kick to side-chain it.
The Midi-Editor is very clean-looking, with Strg+Alt+L you can switch really fast between midi-editing and arrangement view.
Automation-Lanes are very clear-looking. Supports all time signatures.

"Collect all and save": Saves all samples used in the project in the project folder, so you don't have missing files in any projects.

Racks man, racks, racks, racks. Racks is what makes me love Ableton Live the most. Every track has a rack where you can just drag&drop in all the effects you want. I love this, because it really helps my workflow.

How did I find out that I love Ableton Live? I tried all DAWs demos and I just sticked to what I liked the most. I found myself the most productive and most joyful with Ableton Live. I just trusted my practical intuition and I love it.

does somebody know/would be kind to create/share a video about how the arranger is working in Logic (i've never used a mac)

so how can edit an automation starting for the arranger, how can open an instrument from a MIDI clip from the arranger (how can edit a layer of bass for ex.), how can open a wav editor from the arranger, how can reach/display the mixer insert VSTs from the arranger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wCKNGEkiY8
with the needed click numbers, in FL everything needs one click, has Logic some non-linear clip launcher tool like FLS(AL/Bitwig/exSonar) has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKt_7bHfrSA

thx for helping :wink:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I've heard it called the Fischer-Price DAW, but I've always found Tracktion to be extraordinarily easy, powerful and intuitive. But then, I've never used the hardware involved in recording (other than playing with mics) and don't use any advanced features (maybe a bit of automation here and there), so I'm not sure my perspective is valid!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Kinh wrote:
Apratim wrote:

Of course you're not afraid to call me that over the internet. Duh! because you wouldn't to my face, and given my bicep is probably bigger than your thigh it's obviously much wiser. :clap:
then why are you trying to go in the music industry when you have biceps larger than my thigh go find the job of personal trainer or gym trainer sort of.and i am sure that you are the narrowest minded dumb guy in this world as far as people i have interacted with

and even if you are in front of me i will still call you a
"a 13 year old dumb c*u*n*t"
because your actual mindset is like a 13 year old not an adult
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

pottering wrote: Any DAW will look like shit when you pick only the best features of every other DAW and compare it to the weakest features of a single DAW.
bro i am not calling any daw shit i am just saying each daw haves its own limitation
some can ignore that other cant thats all

Classic daw war thread.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”