Maschine 2.7 will get Audio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

According to NI blog, Maschine 2.7 will be released in December featuring new audio and real-time time stretching. The update will be free for existing Maschine 2 users.

https://blog.native-instruments.com/the ... -maschine/
“So with audio, MASCHINE 2.7 is really just the beginning. But this doesn’t mean you have to wait another year and half for the next surprise – and you’re going to find the next surprise is just right around the corner.”
:love: :love: :love:
Last edited by krixa on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig

Its now playing catch up with AKAI MPC 2 software....competition is good!

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/akai-pro-r ... ware-39247
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It's sad that indeed it will be viewed that way.
rsp
sound sculptist

Very cool.

I know the new hardware has audio interface capabilities but I thought the software had always handled audio (and recorded it?) - I mean I've seen videos of the screens with audio files being cut up etc on them? (not sure about the timestretch but am surprised that's new considering NI have had this in Kontakt since forever)

Yes they are adding a new sample module, this nonsense of "We are adding audio" is just that, nonsense, they ignored their users and removed the audio tracks they already implemented because it was pointed out that you cant have two arrangers in one sequencer, so they spat the dummy and removed the audio and freeform arranger, then added a loop player (this hype) to try and negate the MPC 2 release.
There is no reason at all that this couldnt be added to the normal sampler, other than needing to pretend it is audio tracks, it isnt, and when people realise that you cant do realtime time stretch with the normal sampler and all of its extra features that this doesnt have, there is going to be plenty of moaning.

Basically NI got a ton of "New" users with the Jam and MK3 and they dont give a crap about old users in either camp (Keep it Drum or Make it DAW)

Every new feature in Maschine is implemented specifically to shift more of the Maschine eco system content, however, expansions are needlessly expensive to make because it takes that particular months intern (yes staff turnover is that rapid at NI, go check) a few extra hours to turn samples on to instruments and banks, but not any more, welcome to the world of Maschine expansions Generation 3, loops, the lowest common denominator of any content delivery.

Maschine eco system..
Gen 1 = Sample banks and sample instruments.
Gen 2 = "Hey look we give you these out of date synths for free, how cool are we" tweak some presets call it a pack.
Gen 3 = A bunch of loops "Hey look, trigger them with Jam, Pitch them on MK3s pads"

NI getting outside investment was a big warning, nobody listened with Cakewalk and nobody is listening with NI

Cakewalk = Concentrating on our consumer delivery.
NI = Investing in our content/media delivery.
Duh

bungle wrote:Yes they are adding a new sample module, this nonsense of "We are adding audio" is just that, nonsense, they ignored their users and removed the audio tracks they already implemented because it was pointed out that you cant have two arrangers in one sequencer, so they spat the dummy and removed the audio and freeform arranger, then added a loop player (this hype) to try and negate the MPC 2 release.
There is no reason at all that this couldnt be added to the normal sampler, other than needing to pretend it is audio tracks, it isnt, and when people realise that you cant do realtime time stretch with the normal sampler and all of its extra features that this doesnt have, there is going to be plenty of moaning.

Basically NI got a ton of "New" users with the Jam and MK3 and they dont give a crap about old users in either camp (Keep it Drum or Make it DAW)

Every new feature in Maschine is implemented specifically to shift more of the Maschine eco system content, however, expansions are needlessly expensive to make because it takes that particular months intern (yes staff turnover is that rapid at NI, go check) a few extra hours to turn samples on to instruments and banks, but not any more, welcome to the world of Maschine expansions Generation 3, loops, the lowest common denominator of any content delivery.

Maschine eco system..
Gen 2 = "Hey look we give you these out of date synths for free, how cool are we" tweak some presets call it a pack.
Gen 3 = A bunch of loops "Hey look, trigger them with Jam, Pitch them on MK3s pads"

NI getting outside investment was a big warning, nobody listened with Cakewalk and nobody is listening with NI

You mad lol.

Not really, Maschine works perfectly for me, and has done for a long time, I just dont lie.
Duh

zvenx wrote:It's sad that indeed it will be viewed that way.
rsp
Well, NI pretty much copied/cloned the MPC layout/workflow and initially improved on it to some extent. I am really glad that AKAI seem to have there act back together. I still have a Maschine (mikro 2) and use the software occasionally but I bought a MPC Live so got MPC software 2 free; I have been very impressed with it, and being bale to work with on the PC with the LIVE as a controller and then unplug the Live and continue to work the same project without a PC is like magic (as long as you are not using VSTs!)

Given the massive investment in NI recently I suspect a stand alone Maschine soon, its just a case of putting an embedded computer in the existing (but beefed up) Maschine a bity like AKAI did converting the Touch to a stand alone MPC...

Now that will be a product to watch, especially if it has all the NI instruments/effects built in!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

bungle wrote:Yes they are adding a new sample module, this nonsense of "We are adding audio" is just that, nonsense, they ignored their users and removed the audio tracks they already implemented because it was pointed out that you cant have two arrangers in one sequencer, so they spat the dummy and removed the audio and freeform arranger, then added a loop player (this hype) to try and negate the MPC 2 release.

Maschine eco system..

I think you're absolutely right. It's pitiful to read the Maschine forum over at NI. So many users complain Maschine doesn't work enough like Ableton, and try to justify their complaint by talking about how much money they've spent on NI products. They're going to be surprised when they get fleeced a little more.

And as an aside, what is it with people who petition private companies like they're an elected assembly? Has "caveat emptor" been flushed from the educational systems of the west?

Nice update, but I'm more interested in know what stand he's using
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:Nice update, but I'm more interested in know what stand he's using
You read my mind :)

As a not OT. The audio stretch worked really well in Maschine, really looking forward to this update. :phones:

I’d like to be able to audition loops in time. Not sure this is available. Not that I can see in the beta anyway
The update is great btw

Update now available! :phones:
Bitwig

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”