how do I Loop a segment in FL Studio

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to Loop a segment in the playlist. So I can listen over and over again to get a better idea for lead parts. Sometimes I like to create bar by bar or even measure by measure. It's a song my friend wrote, but I think I could come up with a better lead. Maybe. :?: PS. I have the song in waveform in the playlist without the lead. I have markers indicating where the lead starts and ends. Hope that helps.

To create a loop, hold control and click and drag your pointer across the section of the main timeline (where the measure numbers are) that you want to loop. To remove the loop, hold control and click the timeline.

if you have markers ( for start and end of section) you can double-click on the first marker and this well select everything up to the end marker of that part.
this is quicker than having to drag and select the section a number of times.
you could also just edit sections via the piano roll. the 'L' key switches between pattern or channel mode and the playlist for looping purposes...
you can also select a playlist clip and press CTRL + Return and this will select the selected clip ( or clips)...
it is worth noting that the F1 key in FL will open the help according to the context ( which i think is very good).
there are many ways to do things in FL you will find..

The response from this form is excellent. Thank you very much! I knew there was something I was missing. Holding the control key. My workflow is going to be much quicker now. I expecially like the trick of clicking the marker. I can see I'm going to be using a lot of markers. I didn't know that F1 key could be so helpful . I didn't know it was content related . I always thought you had to search and hopefully find the answer . Again thank you very much! :tu:

Return to “Image Line”