Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Mac of BIOnighT
KVRAF

2505 posts since 2 Jun, 2005, from Italy

Postby Mac of BIOnighT; Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

I think today it's almost impossible for any developer to get right on the first try every OS and DAW around :-/ Besides, as I mentioned above, I'm still on XP and cubase sx, so it's prehistory we're talking here, I'm actually grateful somebody is still developing stuff for my os and daw :(
My website: http://www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website: http://www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/
Lesha
KVRian

1264 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:54 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

elassi wrote:
HcDoom wrote:Yes, we mentioned before...dry doesnt work, its bugged. Hopefully, developer will fix it soon.

Works flawless in ... :borg: ... Reaper.

You guys should check again.

You are right, it is working properly in Reaper, but not in Ableton Live (32bit). So this is a bug.

It doesn't work in Tracktion 6 either.
It's easy if you know how
vasyan
KVRist

165 posts since 16 Feb, 2013, from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Postby vasyan; Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:54 pm Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Hi :) This reverb sounds really nice! Unfortunately, no sound comes out of the "dry" section, only early and late reflections. (I think the dry sound becomes audible when you turn up the "early" knob, but I can't be sure). Is that a problem of my old system (I'm on XP, cubase SX) or something you might want to look into? Thank you :)

It cannot be!
I tested personally in Windows XP SP3 - Sony ACID 7 and FL Studio 8. The plug-in perfectly works. Turn the Early and Late knobs in extreme left position (-∞ dB), and the Dry knob in extreme right (0 dB), the sound shall go through a plugin directly without reverberation.
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 pm Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

For whom the plugin does not work - I will ask to post screen video that it was possible to see your problem personally.
Mac of BIOnighT
KVRAF

2505 posts since 2 Jun, 2005, from Italy

Postby Mac of BIOnighT; Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:59 pm Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

vasyan wrote:
Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Hi :) This reverb sounds really nice! Unfortunately, no sound comes out of the "dry" section, only early and late reflections. (I think the dry sound becomes audible when you turn up the "early" knob, but I can't be sure). Is that a problem of my old system (I'm on XP, cubase SX) or something you might want to look into? Thank you :)

It cannot be!
I tested personally in Windows XP SP3 - Sony ACID 7 and FL Studio 8. The plug-in perfectly works. Turn the Early and Late knobs in extreme left position (-∞ dB), and the Dry knob in extreme right (0 dB), the sound shall go through a plugin directly without reverberation.

Yes, of course I tried that, but unfortunately no sound comes out of the dry channel :( Don't worry, it might just be a problem with my old cubase. Thank you anyway :)
My website: http://www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website: http://www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/
lazymarc
KVRist

88 posts since 1 Aug, 2011

Postby lazymarc; Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:47 pm Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

nice one thankyou
Lesha
KVRian

Postby Lesha; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 pm Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

vasyan wrote:For whom the plugin does not work - I will ask to post screen video that it was possible to see your problem personally.

https://imgur.com/a/FAUP3

You still don't believe us? :)
elassi
KVRAF

1769 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:29 pm Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

More and more in love with this reverb... touches me right there where the impact unfolds its most possible effect. :love:

Btw, it works without problems in Mixbus 32C-4. Hope Vasyan can solve the issues for the other guys with different DAWs.
WOK
KVRAF

2047 posts since 24 Feb, 2004, from Germany

Postby WOK; Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:27 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

Works good in Energyxt under Win XP.
Sounds good. I would like to see a bypass-switch though. (and a shimmer effect - pitch shifting in the feedback path - would be cool) :)
Another idea would be to have a selection between two freeze modes: with further adding the input signal or without.
ImageImage
Lesha
KVRian

Postby Lesha; Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:36 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

WOK wrote:Works good in Energyxt under Win XP.
Sounds good. I would like to see a bypass-switch though. (and a shimmer effect - pitch shifting in the feedback path - would be cool) :)
Another idea would be to have a selection between two freeze modes: with further adding the input signal or without.

These are some nice ideas.
layzer
KVRAF

4658 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

vasyan wrote:
layzer wrote:hi vasy,

i like the sound of this reverb and the feature set
any chance you could give it a "true stereo" mode???

Use knob Wide for regulation of width of a stereo.
Depending on this parameter there can be following:
  • 0% - Mono
  • 100% - True stereo
  • 200% - Wide stereo

i do not think the wide knob produces true stereo.
if i feed a stereo signal to the reverb and pan it hard left or right,
i can still hear the decay on both channels. in mono, 100 and 200

in a TRUE stereo reverb if you pan a signal hard right you should not hear any reverberation on the left channel, only on the right. i hope that makes sense to you.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:59 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Yes, of course I tried that, but unfortunately no sound comes out of the dry channel :( Don't worry, it might just be a problem with my old cubase. Thank you anyway :)

It can be only in case the dry signal going by a plug-in passes in your DAW
on an output in an inverted phase, for example through aux bus, at the same time the inverted phase signal muffles a dry signal of a plug-in as +1+-1=0.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with cubase, but I would check in the aux bus setup for existence of an inverted phase.
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:09 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

layzer wrote:
i do not think the wide knob produces true stereo.
if i feed a stereo signal to the reverb and pan it hard left or right,
i can still hear the decay on both channels. in mono, 100 and 200

in a TRUE stereo reverb if you pan a signal hard right you should not hear any reverberation on the left channel, only on the right. i hope that makes sense to you.

Unfortunately this algorithm of it does not provide. Signals of channels mix up in a diffuzer and to separate them has no back to be possible. Here perhaps decisions when on each channel to make a separate reverberator, respectively twice the algorithm will load stronger the processor. And unexpectedly I heard the second option today when my dogs ran away into the wood, I heard an echo from dog bark in the wood exclusively on the left side, it suggested an idea that it is necessary to implement the late signal pan knob.
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:18 am Re: Free VST «Ambient Reverb» (Windows 32/64)

WOK wrote:Works good in Energyxt under Win XP.

I will take freeze operation modes into account. :tu:
Function of bypass shall be provided with DAW but not a plugin, also as well as operation with presets. In almost all known to me DAW is available bypass function of plugins.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects