Panning reverb

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, need some help, I have a recorded guitar part, panned right about 3/4 o'clock, and would like to have the reverb panned left about 8/9 oclock. How do I achieve this? do I need to set up a guitar reverb send / return, then return the reverb to a new track panned as required? Any better or easier ways to do this. Cheers
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

i would do it like this:
insert a new rack in the guitartrack, inside the rack load the reverb and two volume/pan plugins.
route the input to reverb (reverb full wet) and then to one of the v/p plugs. route also directly from the input to the second v/p plug. from the two v/p plugs the routing goes to the output of the rack (summed together).

the rest should be self explanatory ...

you could also do it with a send on the guitartrack and a receive on a hall-track. the send should the be pre volume/pan, which has the disadvantage, that any volumechanges on the guitar-track are not "recognised" by the send, so you will have to adjust it also, to keep the hall-level balanced to the dry sound.

Thanks for the info, it never occurred to me to use a rack. I have tried both ways you mentioned,both do what I was after.
The second option you mentioned re volume rebalancing, placing the reverb and gtr track in a folder track would overcome that problem wouldn't it?
Thanks again, much appreciated.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

ah yes, good idea with the foldertrack! didn't think of that possibility :)
you're welcome

Return to “Tracktion”