Is the Tracktion Sale over Already?!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you can imagine, the Cakewalk forums are a hysterical, chaotic mess right now. I only saw the Waveform Upgrade offer in the Deals forum yesterday, and when I went for it today, found that it had expired.

I'm rather surprised, given that thousands of Sonar refugees are currently looking for new homes, and Tracktion cut their sale off after what, one week? Meanwhile Presonus, Steinberg and Mixcraft reps are at the CW forums, answering questions about their products and touting their BF discounts....

I mean, how often does an opportunity like this come along to get hundreds of new users in one go? What a head-scratcher... Any chance there's a phase 2 Black Friday sale for Waveform?

As a Cakewalk (and Tracktion) customer all I can say that this would be an unparalleled time for a Tracktion sales rep to drop in to the Cakewalk forum and announce a crossgrade price for Waveform. In the interest of fairness they are allowing competitors access, since the product is no longer for sale.

Since Gibson recently announced that they were immediately ceasing development of Cakewalk branded products, they have apparently stopped selling them as well.

They have committed to keeping the lights on as far as the product activation servers are concerned, but users are jumping ship everywhere.

I have witnessed Presonus, Mixcraft, and Steinberg offer up their best. Steinberg even had a heck of a meet-up via YouTube today.

Get it in gear, while the getting is good I'd say!!!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I'm not overly surprised that the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale's over, now that Black Friday / Cyber Monday are finished, but it does seem like a good time to do a sale, to pick up crossgrade punters ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I think it's a matter of capacity, and Tracktion users who are not too busy, might jump in with some info.

the price is low already, so I guess it is more a matter of getting the message across.
perhaps there is a different idea for a cross-update package.
some compatibility hack that can import projects/track plugin chains/midi processings at least partially, that might be the burner.

PreSonus is offering a crossgrade price of $149 USD to Cakewalk customers for Studio One Professional, until the end of the year. So far that seems to be the most popular choice of DAW to switch to, as many users are looking for a DAW with as much conventional DAW "Sonar-like" workflow as possible.

While there are a few threads over on the Cakewalk forums about the Black Friday sale at Tracktion, and some folks there snapped it up, Waveform was never seriously discussed as a "Professional" DAW alternative to switch to.

I would say the other leading replacement DAW contenders over there are Steinberg Cubase, Acoustica Mixcraft, and Harrison Mixbus. All of them are offering "special" crossgrade deals to entice cakewalk customers.

Personally I feel Tracktion Waveform appeals to the user who wants to create music, not just record and mix it. At least that is the reason I bought it to add to my workflow. Many conventional DAWs, including Sonar, seem to lack this important ingredient. The "fun" factor. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Harrison Mixbus is Ardour with some bits and bobs to make it magically "sound like" their hardware consoles. I'm not sure how much i buy into that kind of black magic. I'd really rather not use Ardour, given the choice.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Just an update...

Woody (from the Tracktion team) kindly posted at the Cakewalk forums to extend an offer of "Condolences and opportunities". As a (soon-to-be-former) Sonar user, it is very much appreciated!

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Condolences-a ... 05627.aspx

Return to “Tracktion”