Have Avenger and Rapid : Buy ANA2 to complement ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, the subject said it all. I've demoed ANA2 for 30mins and love the way it sounds and the arp and CMD has more fun than Avenger and Rapid too. However, I'd like to hear more synth gurus here for their comments. Should I buy ANA2 to comp these 2 big boys.

Any suggestions/comments are highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Cowby

Only one person can answer that question. You. I own all 3. But my priorities and criteria might be different from yours.

I find that, regardless of the synth, there are always enough differences between any two of them that I can justify getting yet another one. Even something as simple as Arturia Mini V versus Synapse Audio's Legend. Both Minimoog emulations but both sound different.

IMO, ANA 2 is different enough from the other two synths to get it.

Agreed with you, wagtunes. But features wise seems like Avenger is the best. But I will demo ANA2 again and see if the workflow and other goodies tempted me.

Avenger and Rapid are both fantastic synths and top of the line.

I bought ANA 2 as well so I have all three as Wags does. ANA is a joy to use and I'm liking it more each time I use it. Personally, I think it does it own thing and sounds fantastic. So, you can't go wrong with it IMO.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Does ANA 2 have aliasing problems like the original ANA? (Sorry if this has been addressed already, I still haven't dug deep into the other ANA thread)

Russell Grand wrote:Does ANA 2 have aliasing problems like the original ANA? (Sorry if this has been addressed already, I still haven't dug deep into the other ANA thread)
In a word, no.

wagtunes wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:Does ANA 2 have aliasing problems like the original ANA? (Sorry if this has been addressed already, I still haven't dug deep into the other ANA thread)
In a word, no.
Excellent, thank you wag.

Russell Grand wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
In a word, no.
Excellent, thank you wag.
No prob. Let's put it this way. ANA 1 they slapped together in a few weeks. ANA 2 they worked on for years. It's night and day compared to the original.

wagtunes wrote:
In a word, no.
Euh, yes there is

High resonance filter sweeps are aliasing (except the LP6, LP12 and OBER LP) (i've only tried the LP filters)

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
In a word, no.
Euh, yes there is

High resonance filter sweeps are aliasing (except the LP6, LP12 and OBER LP) (i've only tried the LP filters)
He asked if it had problems LIKE ANA 1. Not if it had no aliasing at all. It doesn't. It's not even close to as bad. Very few soft synths made have no aliasing if you push them hard enough. If he had asked if it had any aliasing at all, I would have answered yes. But he wants a comparison to the original. You can't compare the two at all. They're night and day with ANA 2 vastly improved over the original.

Now if the OP wants a synth with no aliasing, he's got very few choices in the software world and might as well just stick with hardware.

They did it well. :party:
That Arp and CMD is wonderful.
It seems that Cthulhu merged.
Besides, there are many good points of other software such as preset and wavetable browser.
All of them are functions and workflows that users of standard soft synths wanted.
It will be a new standard model.
And low price presets.

Trembling of hands stops than alcohol when you buy it.

I generally go one year, two years after the software is released.
Look at "What happened after the release" and choose stability. 8)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

wagtunes wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
In a word, no.
Euh, yes there is

He asked if it had problems LIKE ANA 1. Not if it had no aliasing at all. It doesn't. It's not even close to as bad. Very few soft synths made have no aliasing if you push them hard enough. If he had asked if it had any aliasing at all, I would have answered yes. But he wants a comparison to the original. You can't compare the two at all. They're night and day with ANA 2 vastly improved over the original.

Now if the OP wants a synth with no aliasing, he's got very few choices in the software world and might as well just stick with hardware.
My apologies.

ANA2 has some aliasing on certain LP filters (only tested the LP Filters), when sweeping them with high resonance settings. The OSC's sound quite clean, but have aliasing going on as well (tested it on 44.1kHz)

tested a simple saw (HD, filter; ROLI);
ana2 saw HD aliasing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

egbert101 wrote:[
You have two wavetable synths. Why do you need a third? They all cover the same territory.
Nobody needs another synth... But everybody 'wants' another one.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”