how to get this CLICKING/repeating sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

record a wind-up clock
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Failing above clock solution, you could try just about any fast little sound with transient like a hihat or something and put some delay on it with a very fast delay time in a bit of feedback so that you've got a "comb" effect. The thing about this sound is that it has a bit of a pitch component to it, meaning it's sort of a note in addition to being a click, so the buzz you get from the delay might give you the sound you're looking for. Or put it through a vocoder, which will do something similar.

goldenhelix wrote:Failing above clock solution, you could try just about any fast little sound with transient like a hihat or something and put some delay on it with a very fast delay time in a bit of feedback so that you've got a "comb" effect. The thing about this sound is that it has a bit of a pitch component to it, meaning it's sort of a note in addition to being a click, so the buzz you get from the delay might give you the sound you're looking for. Or put it through a vocoder, which will do something similar.
Haxan Cloak's work pretty much originates from real sources though; real acoustic instruments (played by himself) and field recordings.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
goldenhelix wrote:Failing above clock solution, you could try just about any fast little sound with transient like a hihat or something and put some delay on it with a very fast delay time in a bit of feedback so that you've got a "comb" effect. The thing about this sound is that it has a bit of a pitch component to it, meaning it's sort of a note in addition to being a click, so the buzz you get from the delay might give you the sound you're looking for. Or put it through a vocoder, which will do something similar.
Haxan Cloak's work pretty much originates from real sources though; real acoustic instruments (played by himself) and field recordings.
Cool? Ask me if I give a f**k. I proposed an alternative way of getting a similar sound without recording anything.

Return to “Sound Design”