Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

re23071998 wrote:is that true 2:1 ratio has more gain reduction than 4:1??
No, but the threshold does move when you change ratio. Grab a hardware analog SSL G-Series and the same thing happens.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Andy, whats the status of the glue hd update? :)

HcDoom wrote:Andy, whats the status of the glue hd update? :)
R&D is going great on both a lower CPU "MD" mode (the exact same as the current solver but fixed and hopefully lower cpu usage) and the full HD mode. I'm still to locate a GFX-384 to buy, and I've got to finish off The Scream before working on The Glue further, so it's looking like early to mid 2018 for the release.

There's a new beta build of The Glue up, nothing has changed at all for the Mac build apart from the version number. On the Windows side I have built against a more backwardly compatible SDK, which is a biggish switch. Can I please ask for some help? If anyone has a Windows 7 machine can you please download this beta and let me know if it runs fine on your system and let me know back here how it goes? Thanks in advance!

https://cytomic.com/files/TheGlueBeta_v1.3.20_Win.zip

andy-cytomic wrote:There's a new beta build of The Glue up, nothing has changed at all for the Mac build apart from the version number. On the Windows side I have built against a more backwardly compatible SDK, which is a biggish switch. Can I please ask for some help? If anyone has a Windows 7 machine can you please download this beta and let me know if it runs fine on your system and let me know back here how it goes? Thanks in advance!

https://cytomic.com/files/TheGlueBeta_v1.3.20_Win.zip
Tested on Windows 7 x64 in demo mode (this is not my computer). Seems to work fine.

PS can't wait to hear The Glue HD!

meloco_go wrote: Tested on Windows 7 x64 in demo mode (this is not my computer). Seems to work fine.
PS can't wait to hear The Glue HD!
Thanks!

andy-cytomic wrote:If anyone has a Windows 7 machine can you please download this beta and let me know if it runs fine on your system and let me know back here how it goes? Thanks in advance!
It worked for me. Although the installer did not detect the VST folder that the old version was installed in. I had to manually rename the old .dll file. I don't think I've updated the plugin in over a year, maybe two. It had version 1.3.12.

Is there anything specific I should try to do with it or do you just want us to play around with it?

Fun Fact,
Lower ratio = More CPU

re23071998 wrote:Fun Fact,
Lower ratio = More CPU
Also higher frequency audio input = more cpu. This is what happens when accurate iterative solvers are used to converge on a solution! Good news is that things have progressed since I first released The Glue and it is now possible to solve the same equations that The Glue uses with a fixed a lower CPU. This will be released as an update along with the new HD mode.

Will the update break compatibility with existing instances? I'm guessing no. I'll revist a few master sessions and swap in the new HD mode on export and compare. Not expecting a night/day difference, mind.

It's great how you constantly evolve and improve this thing - as a customer it's very reassuring to see that level of passion from a developer.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Will the update break compatibility with existing instances? I'm guessing no. I'll revist a few master sessions and swap in the new HD mode on export and compare. Not expecting a night/day difference, mind.

It's great how you constantly evolve and improve this thing - as a customer it's very reassuring to see that level of passion from a developer.
The MD (non HD) mode will remain identical and null with the current version. You'll also be able to run the HD mode in realtime, it's not just for render, but I will include an option to automatically switch to HD on render if you want.

looking forward!

News: cytomic.com is moving to a new scalable hosting service. If all goes well we should be back up and running in around a day. Although the web page is in maintenance mode you can still authorise, but there may be a few hours outage during the transfer.

The transfer to the new web server is complete :)

Good stuff!

And how's the update coming along :)

Return to “Effects”