Airwindows Swell: AU, Mac and PC VST (also, Patreon)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPFO_OtWz8

TL;DW: Dial-an-attack, like sidechaining.

Swell

Every now and then you come up with something a little different. The fun of that is in identifying it.

I've been listening to house music by Deadmau5, and I took an interest in the way the sidechaining worked. (That's the way the music, or the reverb, or the pads, get 'smooshed' down by the kick drum and then swing back up in volume again.) The Mau5 is pretty good about talking about his techniques, which I appreciate (I'd love to do a coffee run with that guy someday) and he's spent some time showing people how instead of actually sidechaining, he automates an LFO which he applies to track volume. It gets a great effect.

I wondered whether it'd work to do a gate that intentionally opened real slow. Specifically, it seemed possible to treat 'full volume' as a 'floor' and have a 'decay' that falls up toward 1.0 rather than down to 0. It'd never quite get there, but it could have a similar envelope as the fall-off of natural reverb, just upside down.

If that sounds odd, don't worry about it, just try Swell. It has a threshold like a gate, and the Swell control handles the attack speed once the gate opens. The dry/wet works as you'd expect. Sort of like Deadmau5's LFO trick, it doesn't have to be a real sidechain, and is independent of whatever kick you have going on. Unlike the LFO trick, it's also not tied to tempo: Swell reacts to EVERY attack that comes along, provided the threshold's set right.

What this does is very interesting. I expect to see this turn up in an EDM channel strip at some point. Essentially, you can play with the controls in various ways and completely step on the attack of anything you want. This relates to GROOVE and the layering of stuff in a dance mix: any element, no matter what it is, can be turned into a pad and back again, just by squishing away its attack. You can do it live, you can take an element (snare, punchy chord) and manipulate how it hits inside the groove. Extreme values make stuff extra soft and quiet and squishy, and then if you drop the threshold or Swell, you can have the element jump right back out again, and the control is direct, not relative to a sidechained track or LFO setting. It's a more organic approach, more hands-on, and I think it'll fit into a lot of people's mixes. There's always a place for balancing the intensity of the attacks of your tracks, and that's literally what Swell does.

Swell's made possible by my Patreon. There's been a little drama over Patreon, so I've revamped my pledge levels so I could communicate exactly what you'd be paying at any imaginable pledge level. I hope other Patreon creators find my tier system useful, as it lets people know what to expect: if Patreon doesn't want to do that, well, I do.

This video was made before Wednesday the 6th, and some things have happened since. If you watched the Regarding Patreon video I made, you know both of them. Firstly, my Mom died Wednesday night. I don't want to say a lot about that, except to say this: she got to see me get up to what I told her was success with the Patreon, and as far as she knew that meant I was going to be OK. Patreon didn't keep me from becoming homeless, or starving, or any of that over this tough year. She did. I've had one Airwindows fan ask tactfully how it was I survived on $700 a month: an even better question is how I survived when it was $300 and Kagi had gone out of business still owing me two months of peoples' sales. The answer is Mom. I wouldn't be here working on plugins for you if not for her, in more ways than one. I'm glad she thought I'd made it through to safety, and I'm grateful she was there for me.

The other thing's the Patreon stuff. My take on it is this: I never set up with them thinking they would bring me a thing, certainly not to get me started from nothing. I was bringing my Airwindows crew, and trying to set up a stable income while still giving my plugins away free. I also was very interested in seeing how stable I could make that income, by trying to get the largest patron base I could, at the lowest possible pledge. I even rebuffed some people when they wanted to bear more than their share of the burden, because it seemed important to attempt the 'nobody really feels the bite, but there are so many that I still do just fine'.

Patreon's just completely thrown sand in my gears with their new fees. If you go to my Patreon you'll see how I've outlined a huge range of possible pledges, rather than just '$1, and more if you want, not too much please'. That's because (a) I have to tell people how much they will REALLY pay when they do it, and (b) if you make small pledges, you're just giving as much as a quarter of your pledge to them and NOT me.

This is not what people wanted. They followed me to Patreon, and I have to honor their intentions of keeping me working, rather than just having them shovel money over to Patreon. Plus, I've effectively forced everyone to pay an extra fee that doesn't benefit me at all. I need to take a minute to explain why I'm even still sticking with Patreon, much less leaning on them. To do that, I have to link to an article that's been going around: "Inside the 6 Hypotheses that Doubled Patreon’s Activation Success"

You don't have to read it if you'd just as soon take my word for what it means: part of what I do as Chris from Airwindows is try to understand and communicate this stuff. Point is, what Patreon is doing is harmful to teeny just-starting creators (which constitutes the vast majority of Patreons) but it's being done because they're trying to reinvent themselves around people like me. I'm convinced of this, and for that reason I want to let them do it: if you want Patreon to be a viable payment thing for me, they're making it even more viable, AND they may even be interested enough in my story and situation that they'd help me… or not.

That's because, like the music business, there's a leetle trace of preying upon people's hopes and dreams which is part of their thing, and they've just amped it up. Patreon's a payment processor, associated specifically with a lot of people who give their content away and are supported by patronage. That's not wrong, but they're not an incubator and never were. And their stated plan in that article is to take people LIKE ME, who are established enough that we MIGHT be able to shift into what they call 'life-changing' income through Patreon, and use us as bait to get a lot of other people to sign up.

I'd like to be one of those people, because I know that IS how it works. If you catch on and go viral, the money's there and feedback sets in. They are absolutely right about how that goes, and if you're someone doing your thing and it's on a level where it could catch on, and if you can support that and run with it, you're the kind of person they want to boost.

I'd ALSO want to be there to tell people that you have to do the work first, somehow, at your own expense, until you're big enough to catch fire. We know that's how it is: we're in the freaking music business, at least some of us old coots are. Jimi Hendrix worked as an R&B sideman for a decade before hitting as Jimi Hendrix, and everyone said 'what an overnight sensation!'. It's always been this way, it's never been any different. Don't be fooled by Patreon's fantasies: you have to do the work first, and since this is 2017 going on 2018, you have to build your customer base too. I had to do it. Everyone has to do it. Patreon never did a DAMN thing to change that, they just posed as if they did, because hype, because internet, because it benefitted them to look like life changers. So's the lottery.

The difference is, the lottery is chance. Patreon's a payment processor. If you have revenue, Patreon will pay you. If you do super well, it might even become trendy, and then the 'life changing' happens. Patreon didn't do it. Your patrons did. Patreon just might have helped other patrons notice you… but it's like all internet things, it's viral and only helps those who don't need it.

So, though my airwindows paypal is at https://paypal.me/airwindows, I'm going to ask you not to pay me that way unless you absolutely can't stand Patreon anymore, or of course if you're buying one of the AU plugins that hasn't come out (see my 'Buying' page at airwindows.com). Paypal aren't saints either. Even if you can set up a recurring thing (I still don't want to go back to crazy fluctuations and never knowing what I'd earn next month), I'd rather people deal with Patreon, because at $700 a month I'm getting into the zone of people they want to see succeed, and you know, that wouldn't be so wrong. My work is worthy. I want to get to the open source level and begin expanding what people have access to, code-wise.

I no longer ask for people to always pledge $1 ($12 a year), and find more people. You can't now, anyway, you can only pledge $1.36 that they pretend is $1. If people all switched to $2 (pledge $1.60, be charged $2) it'd probably take me to my open source goal already, but there will still be people dropping out, and I'm cool with that.

What I want now (now that the more you pledge, the fairer a deal Patreon makes me) is this: IF YOU CAN, behave as if you're buying plugins from me as before, back in the Kagi days.

IF YOU CAN buy one $50 plugin a year, don't paypal me that: pledge $3.70 a month and that will total $50 in a year. I did the math on it, I can tell you what it'll end up as. If their numbers change I'll update things.

IF YOU CAN buy two $50 plugins a year, don't paypal me $100, pledge $7.75 a month and that'll total $100 in a year. I'll even get more of the total than I would have if you'd 'bought a single plugin'. This is of course if you can afford it, otherwise pay me nothing and I'll work for you for free.

IF YOU CAN buy three $50 plugins a year, don't paypal me $150, pledge $11.79 a month and that'll total $150 in a year. And so on.

The thing you have to understand is, even if Patreon doesn't want to act like I'm a marquee customer and publicize me, where I'm at, their changes already help me. In recent months, their existing fees turn out to be about what they'd be at the $2 mark in the new system. When people pledge more, their deal becomes more and more favorable for me, because I'm not a struggling beginner, I'm doing serious work. And, most importantly, most of you would be buying at least a plugin a year if I was still in the commercial sphere, and $50 a person a year is already more than most Patreons will ever see.

Patreon is not a savior of the starving, unknown artist. I respect that people are mad at Patreon for failing to live up to that hype, and they've hurt people who're too far in that direction.

But because of what I do, and the value of what I create, Patreon just became an even better environment FOR ME, even if they never say a kind word in my favor or link me to anybody. Trust me on this: sometimes I know this stuff and understand what it means. If you are also someone who's doin' okay and works really hard for your people, they may have got better for you, too. I guarantee it's better for me to change my Patreon strategy (by asking people to go ahead and give money if they want! instead of asking them not to!) and I might even be able to get noticed as someone for whom the new changes worked out.

AND if I do, especially if it's notable and newsworthy, that would put me into a position where I can tell people how to be honest under the new system, and I could tell people to NOT get sucked into Patreon unless you're ready to do business and have your following already. It desperately needs to be said, now more than ever, but I'm not sure who's ready to say it besides me.

So yeah. If you can, help me be their poster child, because I need to straighten a few things out. And I can't teach people how Patreon really works, if it just fizzles for me. They won't listen unless I'm one of the successes.

Hope you like Swell. Thanks for listening. Normally I won't be so long-winded, but it was important (and it's a big change in my attitude. Sorry, anyone with money I offended before: I was trying to do a thing, but the rules changed. Didn't mean to scorn you :D )

Also: your Xmas present will be Console5, then PurestConsole. No, not kidding. Cheers! <3

(edited: turns out the buggers won't allow a $1.60, so I've made that plain on the Patreon. I was updating what pledges I myself made, so I just made them be $2 even. For what it's worth, if you pledge $2, they'll charge you $2.40, and their cut is 16.66%. No comment! :D They do allow cents on all higher pledges, near as I can tell, so you can do $3 even, or any of my plugin-related ones.)

(edited again: in less than 12 hours Patreon changed this, now you can pledge $1.60. Not sure if it was me causing this change but it's an important change for being able to offer patrons a real $2 tier.)
Last edited by jinxtigr on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jinxtigr wrote:I no longer ask for people to always pledge $1 ($12 a year), and find more people. You can't now, anyway, you can only pledge $1.36 that they pretend is $1.
Yeah they just recently added a f**king "flat tax", so instead of a constant, what, 10% ish fare, they're now taking 5% + a flat 0.30$ of every pledge. My guess would be that most of their pledges are precisely those 1$ pledges, so they just raised their fare 350%.

Not only that, but in the email they sent they tried to paint their blatant cash grab as it as sticking up for poor creatives or some shit.

I'm no longer giving them any money.

Thank you for your plugins and I hope you can find an alternative to their services.

How long does it take you to code such a plugin? Half an hour? A threshold and a release shape - well THANK YOU for the clutter!
jinxtigr wrote:Trust me on this: sometimes I know this stuff and understand what it means.
Sure you do, chief, sure you do. Sometimes.
jinxtigr wrote:So yeah. If you can, help me be their poster child, because I need to straighten a few things out.
+1
jinxtigr wrote:And I can't teach people how Patreon really works, if it just fizzles for me.
Man on a mission! But...

sfxsound3 wrote:How long does it take you to code such a plugin? Half an hour? A threshold and a release shape - well THANK YOU for the clutter!

Man on a mission! But...
Wow, somebody got out of bed on the wrong side this morning :o

Seriously, this guy is literally giving away his plugins and hard work. You don't have to donate, you can get them for free if you want, no biggie. It doesn't matter if a plugin takes half an hour or 6 months to write, you are still getting them for free. Or, if you so desire, don't download them. But a simple thank you OR your silence is an appropriate response to Chris' work, not this smart-arse look-at-me-I'm-so-clever nonsense.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

sfxsound3 wrote:How long does it take you to code such a plugin? Half an hour? A threshold and a release shape - well THANK YOU for the clutter!
jinxtigr wrote:Trust me on this: sometimes I know this stuff and understand what it means.
Well, that's the thing. I think I've called it, this time around. (and I see future use for the Swell algorithm in other stuff.)

Patreon is Asylum Records (making Jack Conte, David Geffen). It's a bold and large-scale newish venture that was spun as being an artist's heaven, but turns out to have gotchas (Asylum: ownership of publishing, Patreon: geared to high earners).

In both cases the spin is that they are for 'significant artists' (David Geffen, about Asylum, direct quote)

Asylum ended up having Irving Azoff in the picture to get a spectacularly better deal for the Eagles, the marquee clients. Patreon contains its own Irving Azoff in the form of these new terms: out of the new patron-hurting fees, they do actually hit high earners less and less, and the work I do is at a scale where this would matter. (I am in fact aware that they're also taking a 5% chunk out of me after all that, but that's my affair: I'm trying to set up a thing where people routinely telegraph what Patreon will actually bill you, which they seem no longer willing to do)

People do still buy plugins, or rent them at $10 or $20 a month, sometimes from a bunch of separate rental-systems. I still want to give them all away and do honor system from those who can still support anybody or anything.

It's hard to do honor system when partnered with the dishonorable.

Paypal's known to straight up freeze people's accounts so that's not a safe harbor, credit card systems often simply blackball people doing the stuff Patreon's built a business on (NSFW is a serious problem when directly taking credit card transactions), and I think there are no good answers right now, just different sorts of bad answers. I'm listening to what people say, and I will change if I have to. A lot depends on whether people at Patreon even notice what I'm doing, and more importantly whether they tolerate it. For instance, if they just kick me out (for trying to encourage people to telegraph real prices for patrons) that'll simplify things a lot. I think that would be totally crazy, though.

cprompt wrote:

Man on a mission! But...

Seriously, this guy is literally giving away his plugins and hard work. You don't have to donate, you can get them for free if you want, no biggie. It doesn't matter if a plugin takes half an hour or 6 months to write, you are still getting them for free. Or, if you so desire, don't download them. But a simple thank you OR your silence is an appropriate response to Chris' work, not this smart-arse look-at-me-I'm-so-clever nonsense.
Agreed. Second piece of pointless negativity from this guy with regards to Chris's work.

cprompt wrote:

Man on a mission! But...

Agreed. Don't wan't to read your nonsense here, Mr. sfxsound3, unless you ARE a real troll... Thanks again, Chris, for your work.
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

Guys, go easy on him. I have to hear the negative side. Especially now I have to hear the negative side. The whole system I hooked up with, upon which I depend for my LIFE not just the Airwindows business, has thrown a big curveball and everyone I know is freaking out, not unreasonably.

I need to know how things really stand, so don't try to quiet naysayers, now's the time I absolutely have to hear from them. Anyone who uses Patreon as an artist needs to know where all this is heading.

As for the 'Swell isn't complicated enough', I can't even be mad. The big thing I learned over the years of making plugins was that doing too much math degrades the sound. The whole Purest line is based on that and was a big success. So griping that the plugin math is too easy, is basically saying 'it doesn't grunge up the sound with digital hash enough'.

So that criticism doesn't work on me. It's like saying the old Rowland Coherence audiophile gear, or Nelson Pass designs, or an Analogman Beano Boost, are bad because they don't have enough parts. Those are minimalist designs. My best stuff is also minimalist, and it's about knowing how not to screw that up, and knowing where to add sophistication (like noise shaping back to the floating point buss, something Swell also does).

Update: I'd tweeted to Jack Conte about the inability to set $1.60, last night. I was pretty harsh but not abusive: said he'd embarrassed me as I'd worked out all the math and told people what to do, and then Patreon wouldn't let them hit the $2 tier I'd offered as a workaround (that lets people know what they're paying, in even numbers of dollars, with no bullshit extra percentages).

I don't know if it was me: has anyone seen anyone else object to that detail? But Patreon has already fixed that.

Right now, you can set your pledge to $1.60, which will add up to $2 a month (no bullshit). I think that's important, so I'm relieved. Yes, Patreon takes a big cut at that level but we knew that, and at least I can put forth a tier where I can tell people 'you will pay two bucks' (technically, a hair less)

I'm going to continue working at this, but if it was my tweeted objection, I feel that my input was heard. Because the 'can't pledge $1.60' was fixed in less than twelve hours, and I saw a patron choose it, and then I was able to use $1.60 for my own pledges where last night I couldn't.

Eleventh wrote:
jinxtigr wrote:I no longer ask for people to always pledge $1 ($12 a year), and find more people. You can't now, anyway, you can only pledge $1.36 that they pretend is $1.
Yeah they just recently added a f**king "flat tax", so instead of a constant, what, 10% ish fare, they're now taking 5% + a flat 0.30$ of every pledge. My guess would be that most of their pledges are precisely those 1$ pledges, so they just raised their fare 350%.

Not only that, but in the email they sent they tried to paint their blatant cash grab as it as sticking up for poor creatives or some shit.

I'm no longer giving them any money.

Thank you for your plugins and I hope you can find an alternative to their services.
Yeah, how is this any different to mafia style 'protection payment' extortion, other than you can't refuse to pay up and have your kneecaps broken instead
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Yeah, how is this any different to mafia style 'protection payment' extortion, other than you can't refuse to pay up and have your kneecaps broken instead
It's exactly the same as all payment gateways, except that it's 2.9% and $0.35.

Payment gateways, which this is, are 2.9% and $0.30 everywhere else. https://givewp.com/paypal-fees-much-pay ... -donation/

Except, Patreon has no setup fee (some do, like Authorize $45) and Patreon's monthly fee isn't $25 (Authorize) or $30 (Paypal Pro), it's 5% out of your share. That part affects small creators less.

Merchant account payment gateways can be less: https://www.merchantmaverick.com/mercha ... son-chart/ but though you can get smaller retail rates (NOT necessarily ecommerce), you start to get into monthly fees like $79 or $199/mo if you really want to get low rates and fees on the transactions, plus they're not necessarily managing a website for you, and if people totally don't recognize who you're using, that'll make them more wary of getting involved. Also, I don't know which of those guys are going out of business, and when Kagi went out of business I lost months of income.

You can use this sort of thing instead of Patreon, but as someone who has done that, it forces you to be an entrepreneur and you have to do all this: be your own mafia, screw your own customers just the way Patreon's doing it, hope that your infrastructure (merchant account gateway, shopping cart system etc) doesn't go out of business or start cheating you. Kagi didn't cheat me and had very good rates, and they got driven out of business by newer sketchier companies in the same sector, who had worse deals but much flashier and more deceptive presentations.

If you want to draw Mafia comparisons, you should do it with the ENTIRE financial sector, because increasingly everybody who doesn't act like that just dies. I (politely, I hope?) take offense with the idea that Patreon is uniquely sketchy. If you research payment mechanisms, Patreon's become more typical and you can get things skewed various ways but there's always a catch. And Patreon's terms are extremely normal for a payment gateway, except that they have no setup fee and no flat monthly creator bill, and they balance that by having a creator percentage and five cents more per transaction on the patron side.

jinxtigr wrote:I (politely, I hope?) take offense with the idea that Patreon is uniquely sketchy.
I want to preface what I am going to say by saying that I have a ton of respect for what you do and how you do it.
I think you are right in your assessment that patreon is no worse than (and in many ways superior to) its alternatives. But I believe these recent changes draw so much ire for two reasons that are unique to the way tech companies work. One is the false altruism. Patreon does not exist to empower artists, and these changes where not implemented to help artists support themselves with their creations. The objectives of patreon are the same as any company, increase market share and/or profits (but always ultimately profits). So why be disingenuous about this? When you enter into an arrangement with a record label, or a major financial institution, you know what you are getting yourself into. You are making a deal with the devil to whatever degree you feel comfortable doing so. With companies like patreon it's like listening to the lies of the serpent in the garden (sorry to drag on the religious analogy). The second, and somewhat related thing, is the idea of the bait and switch. This is a very common practice in the tech world. Start off with free or low cost services, get people hooked (increase market share) and then make 'em pay. Again, it is the same outcome as dealing with the established major players, the only difference is the deception. And it always unfolds as though this is the move that they are forced to make because of changing circumstances. Again, it is disingenuous. It is a blueprint, just admit it. As an example, a few years ago people felt so liberated to be able to "cut the chord" with cable providers because of all of the free and low cost content on the Internet. Now look at things. Everyone is managing 3 or more different subscriptions, complicating their lives further, and in many cases paying more to recieve less variety for their home entertainment (and sadly this is where the software plugin market would like to go).
This is why people are so hostile to the whole idea of patreon right now. They fell for the deception again and got burned yet again. Sometimes when you lose trust you lose everything (me personally, I am shocked that people have the ability to have trust in the first place anymore).
However, I agree that at the moment, patreon is still the best game in town. I fully support your decision to carry on with your relationship with patreon and admire your pursuit of change from within. I hope your patron numbers continue to grow because you definitely deserve it. I just thought I could shed some light on why their is such a spirit of distrust and negativity and why I would make the case that companies like patreon are uniquely sketchy (though certainly no more sketchy than others, I'll admit that).

And I'd feel guilty if I didn't try to at least add a small on topic note here.
Swell looks awesome, I can't wait to try it!

It seems people on YouTube have been losing their shit over Patreon this weekend. Depending on who you ask its either part of some SJW conspiracy, the evil Patriarchy or the corporate elite. The internet outrage mob always needs a villain - this week it's Patreon, last week it was Google (again!), next week it will probably be Disney.

I can understand why this change in Patreon terms happened, they probably could have handled it a lot better, but it seems like they are trying to correct their oversights. I have a great deal of respect for the way Chris is using this service to create a pretty unique business model and appreciate his reasoned overview of this situation.

On a different note (since I've not really been following AirWindows much). What is Console5 and PurestConsole?

Local Man wrote:But I believe these recent changes draw so much ire for two reasons that are unique to the way tech companies work. One is the false altruism. Patreon does not exist to empower artists, and these changes where not implemented to help artists support themselves with their creations. The objectives of patreon are the same as any company, increase market share and/or profits (but always ultimately profits). So why be disingenuous about this?
Dishonesty. In the absence of rules, cheating and hurting people works better than being civilized. Patreon is aiming to be a player in this world, so they have a plan that is all hype and fantasy, knowing that most people who get involved will NOT be empowered, knowing it's a hype. That's not new, but people thought they were different. I completely agree, the plan is false altruism… or, rather, they seek to help/transform just a tiny fraction of people who are part of their system.

That's all they ever could do (barring the very real aid that even twenty bucks or so means to someone who's really on the edge, LIKE MOST OF US). They're a Silicon Valley thing, it's become obvious that if they can't totally transform a creator's life they're not interested. I do blame them for that.

I'm also desperate, because my 'on the cusp of becoming a big deal' $700 a month IS NOT really enough for me to live on. And I'm a little entrepreneur from way back: I've already switched from one paradigm to another. I can tell you that when you do make a big change like moving to OR FROM Patreon, between half to nine-tenths of your revenue will just go away. Gone. You have to build up again from scratch, if you're lucky. Right now there's not a chance in hell I can do that, and I don't want to actually die for what I do.

So I don't feel like I have a choice. I have to make the best of Patreon, and hope it doesn't blow up on me. I am actually that close to the edge, and I don't like it. I can't even start selling off all my gear, because nobody's buying. It's Patreon (maybe Twitch?) or homelessness. And all I want is to make lots of plugins for people who have no resources at all: I'm not Patreon. I don't feel I can back down, better I should die.

Sorry for the heaviness, especially going into the holidays. I'll try to hang in there. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who are small Patreons, getting like 20-200 bucks all from people supporting dozens of one-dollar Patreons. The world just got way more brutal, and I'm damned if I'm going to break faith with the people for whom I'm doing my work.

Sorry, too much drama. I generally prefer to not reveal much about my situation.

mutantdog wrote:On a different note (since I've not really been following AirWindows much). What is Console5 and PurestConsole?
Console5 is coming up, a new version of Console (Console4 launched the whole Patreon thing). It's a new version of the most popular plugin I've ever done. PurestConsole is a stripped down version of that, which rather than giving a 'sound', specializes in lossless passthrough for individual tracks.

I thought I'd mention it (I was going to just surprise people Xmas morning) to show I'm still pushing my stuff forward. Someone said they wanted me to rest and relax in the holiday season. Ha! :roll:

Have you thought of doing a monthly YouTube livestream Superchat thing? Seems like the sort of thing that might fit in with your business model.

Return to “Effects”