How do I make wavetables for Dune2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

EnGee wrote:
Ingonator wrote:The free Audio Term tool has an export format for DUNE 2.

Infos about Audio Term:
https://de-de.facebook.com/Audioterm/
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=334828

So far Audio Term is limited to a wavetable with 33 differnt waveforms. Not sure how Audio Term 2 will work there (seem to be work in progress).
Thanks for that!

There are some nice videos in the facebook link (I think there are 3 about Dune 2). Anyway, there is an option to export as Dune 2 (he showed it in the videos).

These are the supported ones, according to the pdf file that comes with AudioTerm:

"The wavetables generated by the KTERM wavetable generator can be used with the following
products (other products may also work):
Terratec Komplexer (direct *.WT format support)
ImageLine Harmor (import *.WT file as image to Harmor)
Vemberaudio Surge (direct *.WT format support)
VAZ Modular /2010 (direct format support)
Wusik Wusikstation (use loop position modulation on a KTERM wavetable)
Camel Audio Alchemy (import KTERM wavetable as *.WAV)
Native Instruments Reaktor (use loop position modulation on a KTERM wavetable)
Waldorf Blofeld (direct *.SYX format support)
Ensoniq Eps16+ (direct *.EFE format support)
Ensoniq ASR series (direct *.EFE format support)
PPG WaveGenerator (direct *.wts format support)
Synapse Audio Dune2 (direct *.WT format support)
Xfer Serum (direct format support)"

I wonder if I can use Serum to generate wavetables then import them to Dune 2 or/and Blofeld. Maybe I need AudioTerm to import those and save them as a compatible wavetable for Dune 2 or Blofeld?
It is very nice to read that so many musicians use this little tool. I hope my videos via AT are a bit helpful even when not speaking.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Teksonik wrote:Mark from the Synapse forums made a waveform/wavetable creator for DUNE 2 that works really well. He's probably the best person to discuss D2 Wavetables. There is also a tool from Synapse that allows you to stitch wavs together to make a table but I don't think it was ever officially released. Perhaps with a little encouragement they could be persuaded to release the tool.

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=12108
They have no interest in publishing a wavetable editor. There is no money to earn. There will never be published a freeware program.

PietW. wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Mark from the Synapse forums made a waveform/wavetable creator for DUNE 2 that works really well. He's probably the best person to discuss D2 Wavetables. There is also a tool from Synapse that allows you to stitch wavs together to make a table but I don't think it was ever officially released. Perhaps with a little encouragement they could be persuaded to release the tool.

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =3&t=12108
They have no interest in publishing a wavetable editor. There is no money to earn. There will never be published a freeware program.
It will be included with D3, as Rich has previously stated... it will include a "comprehensive Wavetable editor" which i assume to mean will be part of the synth and not a seperate app (as this is what was hinted before)

Yes exactly.

An on-board wavetable editor is much more powerful than a separate tool, since you can hear all changes in real-time. I.e. you can draw oscillators free-hand or point-based while playing a patch at the same time. An external tool would never get to such a powerful level, no matter how many features it has, so it is really pointless to develop one.

Btw we do have a free editor if you want one, but it is really no more than a converter to convert WAVs into Dune 2 wavetables.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Btw we do have a free editor if you want one, but it is really no more than a converter to convert WAVs into Dune 2 wavetables.

Richard

The wavs have to be 2048 samples long, mono and 16 or 32bit too :wink:

Yep, and here's the link (Windows binary):
http://www.synapse-audio.com/Dune2wtMaker.zip

Richard

PietW. wrote: They have no interest in publishing a wavetable editor. There is no money to earn. There will never be published a freeware program.
:wink:
Richard_Synapse wrote:Yep, and here's the link (Windows binary):
http://www.synapse-audio.com/Dune2wtMaker.zip

Richard
Anyway the tool works fine for making DUNE 2 Wavetables which is the subject of this thread not what is going to be included in DUNE 3.

Thanks for releasing it Richard. Now everybody who is interested, try to find Mark's waveform creator and you've got everything you need to make D2 WT's. No, not as efficient as a built in editor but you can use these tools today. :clap:
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I hereby apologize to Synapse Audio. I did not expect that now. The wt editor is a bit more complicated than Audioterm but the sound quality is much better.

PietW. wrote:I hereby apologize to Synapse Audio. I did not expect that now. The wt editor is a bit more complicated than Audioterm but the sound quality is much better.

More complicated than audioterm? :lol:

You load wav files, then save as a WT.... how much simpler can you get?

AnX wrote:
PietW. wrote:I hereby apologize to Synapse Audio. I did not expect that now. The wt editor is a bit more complicated than Audioterm but the sound quality is much better.

With Audiotherm I can make a wavetable with 33 waves in one click. With the DUNE editor I have to insert the waves individually.

Teksonik wrote:Now everybody who is interested, try to find Mark's waveform creator
Is there a certain 'way of thinking' behind the denial of just providing a link to it?

Also no mac version...

PietW. wrote:
AnX wrote:

With Audiotherm I can make a wavetable with 33 waves in one click. With the DUNE editor I have to insert the waves individually.
Im sure you can load 32/64 wavs at once...

So you can run AT, select 32 waveforms of your choice and create a WT all with one click?

elassi wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Now everybody who is interested, try to find Mark's waveform creator
Is there a certain 'way of thinking' behind the denial of just providing a link to it?
I dont think it was ever released. I cant find anything about it after June 2015...i think he sent out a beta to a few ppl....

AnX wrote:Im sure you can load 32/64 wavs at once...

So you can run AT, select 32 waveforms of your choice and create a WT all with one click?
Yes there is a Load button on the top left, it can be used to import complete WAV wavetables spanning any number of waveforms (1-64). So as long as a wavetable has the correct format (2048 samples per waveform), it can be converted to D2 format with one click.

Richard

Return to “Instruments”