Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

A note to those who bought the full version after having checked the demos:
You do not have to re-install the plugins. If you installed Arturia Software Center and activated the license on your computer you should be able to use the installed demos of the plugins as a full version. That's how it worked for me when upgrading from V-Collection 5 to VC 6.

FWIW i had installed the demos of the new plugins using Arturia Software Center. Installing updates using Software Center at least for me was usually quite simple too. You could set Sofware Center in a way that you define the VST2 plugin locations, have a "silent" install (so no installer pops up) and you could set that it installers should be deleted automatically after the installation (or define a download folder where could could then find them).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ENV1 wrote:Suggestion:

Give us a bit more demotime. I always find it very difficult to really check out a plugin like the DX or CMI when the sound is going out after just 20 minutes. With all these features id say 40 to 45 would be good, an hour even better.

(Either that or let us save presets so we can at least continue from where we were.)
Count yourself lucky you're not trying to demo Gleetchlab 4.

I emailed the developer to see if there was any chance of doubling the current 8 minutes (per instantiation) demo period. Apparently, he feels that is perfectly adequate :roll:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Count yourself lucky you're not trying to demo Gleetchlab 4.

I emailed the developer to see if there was any chance of doubling the current 8 minutes (per instantiation) demo period. Apparently, he feels that is perfectly adequate :roll:
Oh wow, that's an attention span perfectly suited for a certain US-politician. :D

Another, but great example, is Cognitone (Synfire): They extend the trial period upon request, even up to 60 days or more. :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I emailed the developer to see if there was any chance of doubling the current 8 minutes (per instantiation) demo period. Apparently, he feels that is perfectly adequate :roll:
I dont know how many features that plugin has, but yeah, 8 minutes seems a bit ridiculous.

elassi wrote:Cognitone (Synfire): They extend the trial period upon request, even up to 60 days or more. :tu:
That's cool! Although, I do prefer time limits to be at the instantiation level. I like to have something around long enough for it to get under my skin (or not), before committing.

ENV1 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:I emailed the developer to see if there was any chance of doubling the current 8 minutes (per instantiation) demo period. Apparently, he feels that is perfectly adequate :roll:
I dont know how many features that plugin has, but yeah, 8 minutes seems a bit ridiculous.
That the developer refers to it as a "glitch electroacoustic DAW" should give some idea :scared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d47s4oBKkc

ENV1 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:If you can save presets then there is never a reason to buy it unless they put a time restriction of how long you can actually demo it for, like 7 days or 14 days or something like that.
Well they do have a time restriction of 20 minutes per go and that was just the point.

So what i meant was that if they dont want to extend the demotime to 45 or whatever then being able to save presets would help a lot since we could at least pick up where we had to leave off.

(In other words one or the other. Cant really check out synths like that if the sound goes out after 20 minutes and you cant save any progress youve made either. Its just too little time.)
With saving presets, the 20 minute run time is just a minor annoyance. You could still use the synth forever, render all your tracks and never have to pay for the software.

With saving presets, the only way to force you to buy the software is to do what U-he does and put noise in.

I think we've come a long way with demos.
I remember when there were 'occasional' noise bursts that would pop up every ten seconds or so.
Some had so many restrictions, they were basically useless.
Those demos got deleted quickly.

Arturia's demos contributed to my purchasing the collection.
They can be used for a reasonable amount of time in a session, they don't expire,
and they don't have restrictions or annoying noise bursts and stuff.

You don't need some kind of dongle to use them,
and if you decide to buy them, you can be fully familiar with them already and get right down to work.
Sure, I have some minor quibbles with their stuff, but overall, I like the way they do things.

Last edited by felis on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:That the developer refers to it as a "glitch electroacoustic DAW" should give some idea :scared:

Wow.

Who is supposed to demo something like this thoroughly with 8 minutes per go and no saving.

Crazy.

ENV1 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:That the developer refers to it as a "glitch electroacoustic DAW" should give some idea :scared:

Wow.

Who is supposed to demo something like this thoroughly with 8 minutes per go and no saving.

Crazy.
I passed on it. Eight minutes is just enough time to bump into a glitch or two and then get annoyed that the demo is only eight minutes long.

Ingonator wrote:The "INIT VOICE" factory preset in DX7 V seems to mostly use the parameters related to the original/old DX7. Personally i prefer using some of the "modern" features (that partly were also used in the updated DX7 II hardware). Due to that i created my own Init preset with those changes:

- DAC RES switched to "Modern" for an overall better sound quality
- Velocity mode switched to "Full" to get the full velocity range up to 127
- the filters all set to "bypass" using the on/off switch for them

In the default Init patch the filters are switched on while not actually being used (set to full Cutoff without filter modulation). Bypassing them could alo save some CPU load.

FWIW if you do not like the rate/level parameters in the DX7 envelopes you could switch to the DADSR or MSEG envelope modes instead (at the envelopes page).
I am creating multiple Init patches heer that use different envelope modes.
Thanks Ingo for all the information. :)
I will be installing it later today.

wagtunes wrote:
With saving presets, the 20 minute run time is just a minor annoyance. You could still use the synth forever, render all your tracks and never have to pay for the software.

With saving presets, the only way to force you to buy the software is to do what U-he does and put noise in.
Ah...i see what you mean now.

Well, a bit of noise would certainly be acceptable too as long as its not like every 10 seconds (Harmor anyone?) and doesnt blast the domes off your tweeters. A subtle whisper like every 30 seconds or so would be enough to make sure people cant use the demos for production while not getting on the demoers nerves. I could certainly live with that if it meant that i can make a variety of different sounds and take my time.

ENV1 wrote:Who is supposed to demo something like this thoroughly with 8 minutes per go and no saving.
To recognize, wonder about and eventually refuse the MS-DOS-Norton-Commander-Look of this tool you actually only need eight seconds. :D

ENV1 wrote:

Wow.

Crazy.
Especially because you have to start from scratch with routing before you can even get anything to sound :roll:

I deleted the response from the developer. Basically, he insisted it was enough time to get some ideas going, and, that at the asking price of 15euros, perhaps I should just buy it :tu:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:I passed on it. Eight minutes is just enough time to bump into a glitch or two and then get annoyed that the demo is only eight minutes long.
Yeah, the guy in the video said pretty much the same.

Considering how many features this thing has it seems clear that 8 minutes is way on the short side.

Return to “Instruments”