Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
audiothing
KVRian

1164 posts since 13 Apr, 2011

Postby audiothing; Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

Hi guys, after almost a year of work, I'm very proud to release this new plugin emulation.

Main Page
Second Page

Type A is a plugin inspired by a famous vintage tape encoder. The original unit was designed to be a noise reduction system for tape recording/playback.
Type A emulates the encode stage, which was often misused as an enhancer. It dynamically increases the top end of a signal without altering the harmonic content. The results are similar to a dynamic EQ which adds presence and air in a natural way.

Details
  • Intro Price: $39 / €39 (full $49 / €49)
  • Vintage Enhancer
  • Multi-band Compressor with 4 Bands
  • Adjustable Unit Noise
  • Oversample up to 16x
  • Resizable Window
  • Preset system with randomizer
  • Formats: VST, VST3, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
  • Platforms: OSX, Windows

Video Overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76r1dQGgoqc
Audio Demo: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/type-a

Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/type-a/
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
plexuss
KVRAF

1517 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

Awesome! Just for fun I am going to do a live stream right now exploring Type A. Using the demo. I will go through what I usually do to determine if a product is something I want to buy. Lets see how it turns out! Live stream starting soon... If you miss it it will show up as a recorded video you can watch after the live stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IodHWTBi4OQ
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

plexuss wrote:Awesome! Just for fun I am going to do a live stream right now exploring Type A. Using the demo. I will go through what I usually do to determine if a product is something I want to buy. Lets see how it turns out! Live stream starting soon... If you miss it it will show up as a recorded video you can watch after the live stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IodHWTBi4OQ

Cool! I'll watch it as long as I can now (quite late here...) but I'll check back tomorrow for sure :)
plexuss
KVRAF

1517 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 am Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

We did the live stream. I am still working out the audio. For this stream the voiceover is much lower than the music and I think the music is a bit distorted. Sorry about that. I will put more working into getting the levels right. Also it's too long... I suppose that's the nature of an unedited live stream. I want to try and keep things shorter too but that's harder to do.

Anyway, the video gives a good over-view of Type A and its use in practical applications. Feel free to post your feedback in the comments on the video.
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:17 am Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

There's seem to be some strange distortion going on sometimes, but I think that most of the time could be youtube's fault. It's cool that you used both acoustic and electronic sources, I'll definitely add more electronic demos in the following days. Thanks for the video :)
bitman
KVRist

124 posts since 18 Aug, 2008

Postby bitman; Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 am Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

Your installer incorrectly creates a Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins folder on 32 bit windows to put type-a into. You need to devise a way to determine that you are installing on 32 bit windows and if so, put your plug in \Program Files\VSTPlugins. One cheap and dirty way is to check for the presence of Program Files (x86) which is a dead giveaway that this is a 64 bit system. That is unless someone has installed the Type-A and gone and created this folder. :-)

I should get a further discount for helping you in this way.
hivkorn
KVRAF

2434 posts since 6 Sep, 2007, from France

Postby hivkorn; Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

Low price , amazing plugin.
Audiothing rulezzzz !
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

bitman wrote:Your installer incorrectly creates a Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins folder on 32 bit windows to put type-a into. You need to devise a way to determine that you are installing on 32 bit windows and if so, put your plug in \Program Files\VSTPlugins. One cheap and dirty way is to check for the presence of Program Files (x86) which is a dead giveaway that this is a 64 bit system. That is unless someone has installed the Type-A and gone and created this folder. :-)

I should get a further discount for helping you in this way.

Thanks for spotting it! I knew I was going to mess up the installer adding VST3 :) Anyway, I've added the architecture check, installer updated. I will update the rest of the plugins with VST3 and fix any architecture problems with the installers. I wonder how many are still on a 32bit Windows.
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:34 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

hivkorn wrote:Low price , amazing plugin.
Audiothing rulezzzz !

:wheee: :party:
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7118 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

Seems similar to Sknote DoIA

DolA is an old “secret trick”. A noise reduction system, hacked and abused to get a beautiful high frequency enhancement.

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php ... ur-tracks/
mutantdog
KVRian

1396 posts since 21 Sep, 2007, from The Infinite Void

Postby mutantdog; Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:35 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

audiothing wrote:I wonder how many are still on a 32bit Windows.

A very vocal minority! :D
Subversia - Wrench EP out now.
Soundcloud - Twitter - Facebook
bitman
KVRist

Postby bitman; Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:41 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

My DAW is 64but but my 32 bit dev laptop where I first ran the plug exposed this issue when the DAW didn't find it because (x86) wasn't in the plug-in path naturally.
bitman
KVRist

Postby bitman; Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Seems similar to Sknote DoIA

DolA is an old “secret trick”. A noise reduction system, hacked and abused to get a beautiful high frequency enhancement.

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/wp/index.php ... ur-tracks/

It is. It's like the distressor emulations. They are coming out of the woodwork. There is another that came out a couple of months ago after the sknote offering but I can't remember the name of it. It wasn't this inexpensive and sknote doesn't do demos so..... yeah.
pekbro
KVRian

1398 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:09 pm Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

bitman wrote:
There is another that came out a couple of months ago after the sknote offering but I can't remember the name of it. It wasn't this inexpensive and sknote doesn't do demos so..... yeah.

Dopamine from Overloud...
audiothing
KVRian

Postby audiothing; Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 am Re: AudioThing Type A - Vintage Enhancer Plugin

mutantdog wrote:
audiothing wrote:I wonder how many are still on a 32bit Windows.

A very vocal minority! :D

I see :) We are still trying to support older systems (Windows XP and OS X 10.6.8) and of course 32bit but it's getting really stressful.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects