SynthMaster One v1.1.6 released, iOS version getting closer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

Awesome!
Thanks for your time!

i JUST updated, went to record a part in logic X, and... crash. went to submit info on the synthmaster site, and THAT led me to a 404 error page (so no idea if my message went thru). aargh..

EDIT: probably a high sierra/logic thing. i rebooted, and now all seems well.
Last edited by fisherKing on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fisherKing wrote:i JUST updated, went to record a part in logic X, and... crash. went to submit info on the synthmaster site, and THAT led me to a 404 error page (so no idea if my message went thru). aargh..
Please run SynthMaster One again, it'll ask you to send the crash report. That's the best way to send us the crash report.

Thanks
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Another issue discovered recently : SM1 and SM2 store waveform index parameter 14bit, so if you have more than 16384 waveforms that's a real issue: wavetables don't load correcty, etc..

I am fixing those issues and builds will be on the way this week.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
fisherKing wrote:i JUST updated, went to record a part in logic X, and... crash. went to submit info on the synthmaster site, and THAT led me to a 404 error page (so no idea if my message went thru). aargh..
Please run SynthMaster One again, it'll ask you to send the crash report. That's the best way to send us the crash report.

Thanks

seems completely fine after rebooting the mac; will do this (for now) with any plugin update. so, no worries (i see you have other stuff to deal with)...

fisherKing wrote:
seems completely fine after rebooting the mac; will do this (for now) with any plugin update. so, no worries (i see you have other stuff to deal with)...
:tu:

I fixed a really critical issue tonight and tested with all 800 factory presets: When switching presets (if you switch 'fast' enough), eventually at some point SM1 (this applies to SM2 as well) might crash.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

I fixed a really critical issue tonight and tested with all 800 factory presets: When switching presets (if you switch 'fast' enough), eventually at some point SM1 (this applies to SM2 as well) might crash.
Bulent, I really appreciate you taking your time and fixing all there is to fix with this update......for some of us stability is critical.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Bulent, I really appreciate you taking your time and fixing all there is to fix with this update......for some of us stability is critical.
rsp
I am aware of that Richard, it is critical for me too because I don't want to leave any negative impression on any users -paid or demo- at all :)
Works at KV331 Audio

zvenx wrote:
kv331 wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

Bulent, I really appreciate you taking your time and fixing all there is to fix with this update......for some of us stability is critical.
rsp
logic X on high sierra has an issue, which requires rebooting after updating/installing a plugin. this is not specific to SM1. and seriously, am sure that stability is critical for ALL of us...

not sure I agree with you......or maybe the sentence was incomplete...... stability vs new features....

I rank A over B.. not everyone does.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:not sure I agree with you......or maybe the sentence was incomplete...... stability vs new features....

I rank A over B.. not everyone does.
rsp
Yeah, I would like a longer internal beta cycle vs a constant public one.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
Yeah, I would like a longer internal beta cycle vs a constant public one.
You've told us three times and started a hit job thread about it already. We know. :lol:

But luckily it has nothing to do with you. :tu:

Keep them revisions and fixes coming. :clap:

braj wrote: Yeah, I would like a longer internal beta cycle vs a constant public one.
When I was testing the I18 issue, I noticed that Reaper wasn't saving user prefs as I swiched to a user with non-ascii name. Visual Studio 2015 was failing to compile by the way when I switched to that user. Those two are "bugs" as well, but those products are on the market, with those "bugs". Looks like folks at Reaper/MS forgot to write test cases since they assumed majority of users would have names with ascii chars :lol:

Why am I telling this? because I noticed this issue, fixed it, verified it, and once Gercek verifies them as well we're going to release the update for it. Why would I wait? I am confident about my fix(es), I have some other critical fixes as well, some longstanding issues that I finally figured out the solution for.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
braj wrote: Yeah, I would like a longer internal beta cycle vs a constant public one.
When I was testing the I18 issue, I noticed that Reaper wasn't saving user prefs as I swiched to a user with non-ascii name. Visual Studio 2015 was failing to compile by the way when I switched to that user. Those two are "bugs" as well, but those products are on the market, with those "bugs". Looks like folks at Reaper/MS forgot to write test cases since they assumed majority of users would have names with ascii chars :lol:

Why am I telling this? because I noticed this issue, fixed it, verified it, and once Gercek verifies them as well we're going to release the update for it. Why would I wait? I am confident about my fix(es), I have some other critical fixes as well, some longstanding issues that I finally figured out the solution for.
That's nice, but it in no way invalidates what I said. I would rather testing be more comprehensive internally than have released builds full of bugs. I especially don't want you to do your debugging via your user base. It isn't an accusation, it is a statement of what one of your users prefers. You can take it as it is or not, that's up to you. :roll:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Four times :roll:

Accept it's not in your control, take a deep breath, hold it, exhale and relax. :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”