T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Oh my! Saturator X is on sale/reduced (I'm not sure) to 40 credits, so I bought it. That was the one I really wanted. Now I have 6 stray, lonely gear credits left :hihi: poor little guys.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Hey Peter, can you ask the powers that be at IK to do a sale on gear points or even a group buy on them? People like me that own 95% or MAX probably wouldn't like to buy buy an individual piece ever for $80-$129. But I would like to get a couple things that are on my buy list, like the Stealth Limiter and Saturator X.
Yes, I can surely speak with the people who handle the promotions about that. Gear Credit promotions do seem popular when we do them, and I'll have to check to see how long it has been since we've done one.

Thanks Peter. Hopefully it will be sometime after the New Year though. Xmas season is upon us.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

For those that do not know, we do have Signature Presets available in IK User Area from Tom Lord-Alge, Nick Davis, and Earle Holder (he's the most recent addition).

For those that do not know, we do have Signature Presets available in IK User Area from Tom Lord-Alge, Nick Davis, and Earle Holder (he's the most recent addition).
And for those who do not know: they DONT work in the basic version, only in max......

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that do not know, we do have Signature Presets available in IK User Area from Tom Lord-Alge, Nick Davis, and Earle Holder (he's the most recent addition).
Thanks Peter! I didn't know about the new ones.

Ive not really paid much attention to the new system, but is there much point upgrading from T Racks 3 Deluxe to T Racks 5 Deluxe ? What exactly extra do you get ?

And is there even an upgrade path ? I cant find any info on this anywhere tbh other than the offer for prerelease.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

tatanka wrote:
And for those who do not know: they DONT work in the basic version, only in max......
They work if you have the modules that are used in the presets. Otherwise, we have an easy trial mechanism that will allow anybody to try the modules they may not have.

Peter,

Unfortunately, the TR 5 issues I mentioned in this thread on 31 October have not been fixed with the latest patch, so let me repeat them here:

1. When selecting a preset from the selection pop-up menu (no matter which module), the pop-up menu would disappear after the selection in TR 4. In TR 5 however, the menu simply stays where it is until you click somewhere in the module window or on the PLAY button of the DAW (see picture 1).

2. While in TR 5, all (or most) GUIs are improvements over their older versions, one specific GUI is not: The readability of the numbers of the Master EQ-432 has clearly diminished, no matter which window size you choose. A direct comparison of the two versions (same window size) will make this more than clear (see picture 2).

I'm not sure whether these issued were actually passed on to the developers. I do hope they'll get fixed soon, though.
TR M EQ-432 comparison.jpg
TR B 76 preset selection.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

They work if you have the modules that are used in the presets. Otherwise, we have an easy trial mechanism that will allow anybody to try the modules they may not have.
And these are NOT part of the basic version, only in the MAX version (of course you can buy them one by one too pay even more....)

It would be nice to have some option to hide presets that include modules you don't own, otherwise the presets feel more like a marketing ploy.

Oh wait, maybe they do. I just went through all the Engineer Series presets, and with my Deluxe-level plugin set, none give me missing modules, but some are not shown, TLA Mix Buss for example has no presets under it.

tatanka wrote:
And these are NOT part of the basic version, only in the MAX version (of course you can buy them one by one too pay even more....)
Yes, but many already had many or all of these processors already and they work in T-RackS 5 if you have the base version. Hence all of the questions about previous versions' processors working in the base version of T-RackS 5 before it was released.

Skorpius wrote:Peter,

Unfortunately, the TR 5 issues I mentioned in this thread on 31 October have not been fixed with the latest patch, so let me repeat them here:

1. When selecting a preset from the selection pop-up menu (no matter which module), the pop-up menu would disappear after the selection in TR 4. In TR 5 however, the menu simply stays where it is until you click somewhere in the module window or on the PLAY button of the DAW (see picture 1).

2. While in TR 5, all (or most) GUIs are improvements over their older versions, one specific GUI is not: The readability of the numbers of the Master EQ-432 has clearly diminished, no matter which window size you choose. A direct comparison of the two versions (same window size) will make this more than clear (see picture 2).

I'm not sure whether these issued were actually passed on to the developers. I do hope they'll get fixed soon, though.
TR M EQ-432 comparison.jpg
TR B 76 preset selection.jpg
While I have made others at IK aware of this thread, have you reported these issues to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ ? If not, you may want to so they can recreate and then assess what needs to be passed on to the developers as far as global issues. If you have, you can get a status on your reported issues at any time by replying to your ticket.

braj wrote:the presets feel more like a marketing ploy.
IK Multimedia. Marketing first.

soulone82 wrote:
braj wrote:the presets feel more like a marketing ploy.
IK Multimedia. Marketing first.
I can understand they need a 'marketing first' approach, just it shouldn't feel like that to the users. To make the approach invisible would be better marketing actually :wink: making the user feel like they are constantly missing something doesn't really help. I had that feeling big time when I first got Amplitube. It was rather disappointing and discouraging to look through the presets to the point I just gave up doing that.

Return to “Effects”