Unfiltered Audio Zip: Creative Compression with Modulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hivkorn wrote:I ask to myself : " what would be a Unfiltered Audio synth ?....a huge screaming badass motha fu**a ...! "
Here's a wee little section of the interview they did with PA last year:
Ryan's PhD was about a new synthesis technique called spatial modulation synthesis, which is the focus of a plugin we're going to release early next year. It's going to be our first virtual instrument. It's a really exciting form of synthesis that combines FM synthesis, Doppler panning, spatial audio and a number of advanced techniques to create unbelievable sounds.
I can't even imagine what it would sound like, but that more than anything else is what I have been waiting for from them :D

whoa. that sounds excellent. nice visuals too. will have to explore that site.

dayjob wrote:

Yeah, Ryan's been doing some fantastic work with it. He's trying to finish it up by the end of 2018. He's been busy with some freelance work.

It's worth checking out the free VST that he has posted there, but bear in mind that it's 2-3 years old. It was produced for his dissertation defense and it doesn't have the modulation system or many of the current controls. Still, it's a great way to check out the foundation of the powerful technique that he's created. I've made some killer sounds with it.

Really pleased I busted the bank on this one. I've been having tremendous fun with it. Auto-LP/HP in conjunction with the alternate analysis modes is worth the price of admission alone.

A very interesting tool that can do some tricks that ordinary compressors cant.

thelizard wrote:
dayjob wrote:

Yeah, Ryan's been doing some fantastic work with it. He's trying to finish it up by the end of 2018. He's been busy with some freelance work.

It's worth checking out the free VST that he has posted there, but bear in mind that it's 2-3 years old. It was produced for his dissertation defense and it doesn't have the modulation system or many of the current controls. Still, it's a great way to check out the foundation of the powerful technique that he's created. I've made some killer sounds with it.

Any plans to make this have a dual mono mode (and m/s etc.)?

thelizard wrote:
dayjob wrote:

Incidentally, I was convinced that this was what Zip was going to be when the logo was revealed. The dot on a line in the logo reminded me of the SMS proof of concept GUI, and I figured the name might be because the dot 'zips' from side-to-side.

Really looking forward to seeing what comes of the concept.

Amusesmile wrote:I think what we’ll do is release a quick update with a note that in order to keep EXACT session compatibility you’d need to manually turn on an option that disables the rounding.
When can we expect this? This "quick update" has taken 7 weeks and counting...

No offense, I love the work of Unfiltered Audio, but your update process leaves something to be desired. I'll often read about a planned update or fix on KVR, yet it will take what seems like forever to make it onto Plugin Alliance. This is a perfect example of that (another is G8; still waiting). Would rather use betas than wait forever for hot fixes. Hopefully this is something you can improve upon in future :pray:

What’s the issue with G8?
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cron wrote:Incidentally, I was convinced that this was what Zip was going to be when the logo was revealed. The dot on a line in the logo reminded me of the SMS proof of concept GUI, and I figured the name might be because the dot 'zips' from side-to-side.

Really looking forward to seeing what comes of the concept.
Yeah it really looks/sounds interesting. Really reminds me of the fantastic Metaphysical Function for Reaktor

audiosabre wrote:
No offense, I love the work of Unfiltered Audio, but your update process leaves something to be desired. I'll often read about a planned update or fix on KVR, yet it will take what seems like forever to make it onto Plugin Alliance. This is a perfect example of that (another is G8; still waiting). Would rather use betas than wait forever for hot fixes. Hopefully this is something you can improve upon in future :pray:
Pretty sure this is due to PA's quality assurance program. Seems like they're pretty strict. I believe that's one of the reasons for them joining PA in the first place. So UA doesn't have to do much of that.

audiosabre wrote:
Amusesmile wrote:I think what we’ll do is release a quick update with a note that in order to keep EXACT session compatibility you’d need to manually turn on an option that disables the rounding.
When can we expect this? This "quick update" has taken 7 weeks and counting...

Good news- we released the Zip 1.0.1 update a few days ago. :party: It includes NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) support and the fix for this lookahead bug. You can enable "Legacy Lookahead" in the options menu to keep the old behavior (adds slight low-pass filtering at certain lookahead settings).

Note that you have to use the Plugin Alliance installation manager to access the new versions of Zip and SpecOps. Standalone installers will be released at a later date (they're still working out some kinks).
Josh, Co-Founder of Unfiltered Audio:
http://www.unfilteredaudio.com

Do You have a fix for the "two plugin windows open at the same time" stutter problem yet? I reported it to PA some weeks ago.
I'll check out the update later today, thanks!

dermage wrote:Do You have a fix for the "two plugin windows open at the same time" stutter problem yet? I reported it to PA some weeks ago.
I'll check out the update later today, thanks!
Is this a problem where the more than one UIs slow down the screen refresh rate, so it appears very jerky, or “stuttery”??

Return to “Effects”