New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infinite PRO

I'm having the issue with the Infinite Morph G parameter not automating in Bitwig. Also Wavemapper 2 crashes in Bitwig.

PPG support told me they do not consider it their responsibility to support all new hosts. I think they consider Bitwig not worth their time.

I also sent Bitwig a support request about the Infinite issue and they said it is hard for them to troubleshoot since there is no Infinite demo.

I just sent Bitwig an email about Wavemapper 2 crashing so will not hear back from them until tomorrow on that one. Wavemapper 2 has a demo, so they will at least be able to check.

I think with some persistence, I can get these issues sorted...

Perhaps this is completely off topic and ignorant, but I see a lot of questions on morphing here and in case someone hasn't heard of it I just want to add that Melda's MMorph is very cool.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

pdxindy wrote:I'm having the issue with the Infinite Morph G parameter not automating in Bitwig. Also Wavemapper 2 crashes in Bitwig.

PPG support told me they do not consider it their responsibility to support all new hosts. I think they consider Bitwig not worth their time.
Thanks for reporting this, as this 'new' host has been my main DAW since its release in early 2014. Good to know.

For those of you looking for a manual:

http://wolfgangpalm.com/infinitepro_supp.html

Click on the link and it downloads a zip file of the manual in pdf form.

^^^Thank you kindly.

Edit: I don't see the logic of PPG's decision to sell a synth with no demo at a discount, and to sell it with a demo at full price. They are giving an incentive to take a risk. I can't imagine why they would do this. It makes more sense to keep the low price until after the demo, so people who want to "feel the workflow" can try it out with no penalty.
Last edited by Michael L on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

RichN wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I'm having the issue with the Infinite Morph G parameter not automating in Bitwig. Also Wavemapper 2 crashes in Bitwig.

Thanks for reporting this, as this 'new' host has been my main DAW since its release in early 2014. Good to know.
PPG support has now said they will give a use code to Bitwig so that Bitwig can look into the problem with Infinite.

PPG support has generally been helpful and friendly. I understand a small company finding it difficult to keep up with all hosts. I am still confident to get these issues sorted out, but good for users to know... especially since there is currently no demo.

I also sent Bitwig a support request about the Infinite issue and they said it is hard for them to troubleshoot since there is no Infinite demo.

I just sent Bitwig an email about Wavemapper 2 crashing so will not hear back from them until tomorrow on that one. Wavemapper 2 has a demo, so they will at least be able to check.

The PPG support person was upset with my characterization of our conversation in the above post. He said I should stick with the truth. So what he said specifically was:

"well, please understand, that we cannot check all the new hosts all the time.

so if a host changes something in its processing or handling of presets or whatever, we are not responsible for that."

I initially sent a support email saying that Wavemapper 2 crashes in Bitwig (every time). Their reply was the above (essentially, not our problem). So from that, and their mention of not having a copy of Bitwig, it was my conclusion that they do not support Bitwig, not something they directly said themselves.

I think my conclusion is warranted given that they offered no path forward, but now it is clear that it is indeed my conclusion.

pdxindy wrote:

The PPG support person was upset with my characterization of our conversation in the above post. He said I should stick with the truth. So what he said specifically was:

"well, please understand, that we cannot check all the new hosts all the time.

so if a host changes something in its processing or handling of presets or whatever, we are not responsible for that."

I initially sent a support email saying that Wavemapper 2 crashes in Bitwig (every time). Their reply was the above (essentially, not our problem). So from that, and their mention of not having a copy of Bitwig, it was my conclusion that they do not support Bitwig, not something they directly said themselves.

I think my conclusion is warranted given that they offered no path forward, but now it is clear that it is indeed my conclusion.
If what you posted is true then I would tend to agree with you. If they don't list DAWs that are/are not supported and they dont offer a demo then they are responsible if there is a DAW problem - the customer can only do so much.

But there are some plugin companies that have this strange idea about business - that they can release almost anything and once purchased the customer is on their own. A paypal dispute should clear that up.

So is this the last day of the sale or does the 14th deadline include the 14th?

wagtunes wrote:So is this the last day of the sale or does the 14th deadline include the 14th?
Edit: it says 'up till dec. 14th' so I guess that is until dec. 14, 23:59 CET

Still on the fence? I was too, but I've decided I need the demo first.

So, for me, some later time ... maybe.

^ Same :\

So I decided to get this. Don't want to pay $200 for it later on. With the current exchange rate it's $140.

What would be nice is if they could put these files on a decent server. I'm on 100 mbps high speed Internet. I can download a 100 meg file in 5 minutes tops. This thing is crawling at a speed of 1 meg per 7 seconds. At a 171 meg file, this thing is going to take 20 minutes to download.

Thank God this isn't a file of any decent size or I'd never get it downloaded.

Now I just have to hope that after I install it, it actually works.

A demo would be nice as i'm mostly curious about how it handles on the CPU side of things. Judging by the sound capabilities though, it is an instant buy for me.

Well, it works in MuLab. Now I just have to test it in Cubase.

Ridan wrote:A demo would be nice as i'm mostly curious about how it handles on the CPU side of things. Judging by the sound capabilities though, it is an instant buy for me.
CPU use is on the low side... I have a project @ 96khz open, just added Infinite and played like a dozen notes with only a small CPU use.

That is on a MBP which is not a particularly fast machine.

Return to “Instruments”