Un-flash player for music stream, for a website?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings, anyone knows a simple player for a website that has a volume, play, rewind, pause/stop?
It would need to be un-flash and preferably not needing any rocket-science setup?
Please let us know, danke.

Doesn't HTML offer something like that out of the box?

See here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

As far as i understood it, the "controls" element calls the respective HTML5 player of the web browser.

chk071 wrote:Doesn't HTML offer something like that out of the box?

See here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

As far as i understood it, the "controls" element calls the respective HTML5 player of the web browser.
Ah, yeah, well - maybe it does, you just drop a link to an audio file and it shows up as a player automatically? I knew it's so, but I wasn't sure, thanks!

Yeah, i think that's it. :) I haven't tried it yet too, i only made a website once with very simple code, but, i saw loads of sites using the default HTML5 player of the web browser. Should just easily work as it is described on the website i linked to. The power of HTML5.

chk071 wrote:Yeah, i think that's it. :) I haven't tried it yet too, i only made a website once with very simple code, but, i saw loads of sites using the default HTML5 player of the web browser. Should just easily work as it is described on the website i linked to. The power of HTML5.
:tu:

Köhömm, for bulk playing I'd still need something else than HTML5 one though. Soundcloud widget isn't a choice for me. Anyone?

What is bulk playing?

HTML5 has pretty much all you need to implement any kind of media player.
MediaElement can play normal files.
With MediaSourceExtensions you can do adaptive streaming such via MPEG-DASH or HLS.
With EncryptedMediaExtension you can even do DRM if you want (protect you content with Widvine, FairPlay & co).

Explain what bulk playing is and pretty sure i can provide a solution in HTML5, without any external plugin required.

btw. I would move this thread to DSP and Plug-in Development forum.
More likely to have developers reading it, rather than here on Computer Setup forum ;)

oh.. I think I know what you mean with bulck playing - is it about playing a playlist?
If yes, this can be done in HTML5, however you need to manage the tracklist on your own.
<audio> is just there to play a single track.

Here is an example of a tracklist playback with Next/Prev button and track highlighting on the playlist.
It is no rocket science, but you need to write some code (added comments to it so that it easier to understand):

https://jsfiddle.net/hreu3ddn/2

In a nutshell:
Tracklist si a <ul> element, tracks are <li> elements. Track URL are stored on the data-trackurl attribute of the <li>
This is just for example, you can do it different on your page ofc.
To play a track, you call the playTrack(tracknumber) function, as done by the onclick handler on the <li> .
playTrack sets the URL to the src attribute of the <audio> and then it calls play() to play the new URL.
If the playback of a new track has been started, the onplay event will fire and updateNowPlayingHighlight function will update the highlight on tracklist.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”