Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

braj wrote:Why the disdain for iOS?
Because it's of no use to me. I don't have any device that runs IOS and the apps are not EASILY integrated into a Windows environment.

It would be like asking me why I don't want to buy a boat when I'm afraid of the water.

I tried some music apps on my Android smartphone once. Let's just say that i largely prefer running DAW's and plugins on my 22" desktop screen... seemed quite a PITA.

I don't even like controller apps. I have TouchOSC, but, it really is no replacement for physical controls for me. Just no fun.

It's like double perversion. Use virtual knobs and faders to control other virtual knobs and faders. :D

I dunno, I was just playing Korg's Arp Odessey on the toilet on my iPad Mini. At my age I spend a lot of my time there, so you know, I like it. It may be disconcerting to my wife some of the sounds coming out of there though.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

:lol:

How do you say in english? Whatever floats your boat. :P But, in all seriousness, if i had an iPad, i probably would have some apps on there too. With $20, they're mostly a no brainer anyway. But, i don't think i could do "serious" work on it.

chk071 wrote::lol:

How do you say in english? Whatever floats your boat. :P But, in all seriousness, if i had an iPad, i probably would have some apps on there too. With $20, they're mostly a no brainer anyway. But, i don't think i could do "serious" work on it.
I use Korg's Gadget, it is awesome. Wavestation, Odessey, M1 all plug into it, I want to get the Mono/Poly when it goes on sale again and I can budget it. It all sounds damn good to my ears. I have a little Korg wireless keyboard, it all can be thrown in a backpack, battery lasts for days, it is surprisingly powerful. It sounds at least as good as many VSTs I have used (VK-1 comes to mind, lol). It is way less of a hassle than a laptop when you are on the go.

Synth lovers should love iOS, it is freaking wonderful for musicians.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

wagtunes wrote: Not angry at all. Hard to be angry about something that you have absolutely no interest in. My point was simply that you can't compare an IOS app to a desktop app. They are two different animals and, IMO, for two different kinds of users. Sure, somebody mentioned that there are ways to integrate an IOS app into a Windows environment. But why would I want to go through all that hassle when all I have to do with a VST is download, install and done? I'm lazy. I want to do as little work as possible and as much music as possible. That's why IOS apps don't interest me in the least and they never will UNLESS they make them so that I can EASILY install them on my PC and they're completely compatible with my DAW. That's the only way I would consider one. I mean when there's so much stuff available that's so easy to use, why should I beat my head against a wall with IOS?

Makes no sense at all.
Aha. Now this makes more sense but I don't agree with you ;). First of all, the iPad is a ridiculously powerful platform CPU-powerwise. Seriously. Secondly, you can easily get the soft synth on the iPad working on the PC (or Mac in my case) with something like an iConnectMIDI2+. Amazing device. Thirdly the apps are cheap (assuming you dont count the price of the iPad to start ;). Seriously good stuff here. Korg, Arturia, Sunrizer/Zeeon synths. Waldorf stuff. Moog. Its amazing what you can get....especially around Black Friday when it all usually drops 50%. I paid $14.99 last year for Moog Model 15 which is crazy good.

Not suggesting you need any of this.....just pointing out that its braindead easy to integrate an iPad into your setup like any other instrument and its very powerful.

braj wrote:
chk071 wrote::lol:

I use Korg's Gadget, it is awesome. Wavestation, Odessey, M1 all plug into it, I want to get the Mono/Poly when it goes on sale again and I can budget it. It all sounds damn good to my ears. I have a little Korg wireless keyboard, it all can be thrown in a backpack, battery lasts for days, it is surprisingly powerful. It sounds at least as good as many VSTs I have used (VK-1 comes to mind, lol). It is way less of a hassle than a laptop when you are on the go.

Synth lovers should love iOS, it is freaking wonderful for musicians.
:tu:

Can't agree more. IMHO it's worth taking the money you'd buy on a hardware synth and invest it instead in an iPad and the many good synth apps that exist (again...especially around Black Friday when everything is on sale). Mono/Poly is fantastic btw.

jasonekratz wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Not angry at all. Hard to be angry about something that you have absolutely no interest in. My point was simply that you can't compare an IOS app to a desktop app. They are two different animals and, IMO, for two different kinds of users. Sure, somebody mentioned that there are ways to integrate an IOS app into a Windows environment. But why would I want to go through all that hassle when all I have to do with a VST is download, install and done? I'm lazy. I want to do as little work as possible and as much music as possible. That's why IOS apps don't interest me in the least and they never will UNLESS they make them so that I can EASILY install them on my PC and they're completely compatible with my DAW. That's the only way I would consider one. I mean when there's so much stuff available that's so easy to use, why should I beat my head against a wall with IOS?

Makes no sense at all.
Aha. Now this makes more sense but I don't agree with you ;). First of all, the iPad is a ridiculously powerful platform CPU-powerwise. Seriously. Secondly, you can easily get the soft synth on the iPad working on the PC (or Mac in my case) with something like an iConnectMIDI2+. Amazing device. Thirdly the apps are cheap (assuming you dont count the price of the iPad to start ;). Seriously good stuff here. Korg, Arturia, Sunrizer/Zeeon synths. Waldorf stuff. Moog. Its amazing what you can get....especially around Black Friday when it all usually drops 50%. I paid $14.99 last year for Moog Model 15 which is crazy good.

Not suggesting you need any of this.....just pointing out that its braindead easy to integrate an iPad into your setup like any other instrument and its very powerful.
Well, it's a moot point.

1) I don't have the money to throw away on an iPad.
2) I have no place to put an iPad.
3) I detest Apple.

I have never given them a dime of my money and have no intentions of starting now.

Lol, alright then, your loss.

wagtunes wrote:
Well, it's a moot point.

3) I detest Apple.

I have never given them a dime of my money and have no intentions of starting now.
Ah so you are angry about something. Find it hilarious that you detest Apple and pay money to Microsoft. Thats quite funny.

chk071 wrote:I tried some music apps on my Android smartphone once. Let's just say that i largely prefer running DAW's and plugins on my 22" desktop screen... seemed quite a PITA.

I don't even like controller apps. I have TouchOSC, but, it really is no replacement for physical controls for me. Just no fun.

It's like double perversion. Use virtual knobs and faders to control other virtual knobs and faders. :D
Caustic on a smartphone is like a synthesizer harmonica. I love that thing. Best Android app ever.

jasonekratz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Well, it's a moot point.

3) I detest Apple.

Ah so you are angry about something. Find it hilarious that you detest Apple and pay money to Microsoft. Thats quite funny.
:hihi:

You can also run Caustic on Windows or Mac OS for free ;)

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

jasonekratz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Well, it's a moot point.

3) I detest Apple.

Oh believe me, I have no love for Microsoft. But it's the lesser of two evils. It's an easier platform to work with. There are more tools for serious musicians.

And no, my hatred of Apple has nothing to do with anger. I hate them for the company that they are, what they do, what they stand for and for how they treat their customers. My daughter for one. But yeah, she loves their products so she puts up with them. I won't. And since I have to use something or go back to a hardware setup, which has its own headaches, this is the best I can hope for.

In short, there is no technology that I'm in love with.

I pretty much tolerate everything.

I neither detest Apple nor Microsoft. They both do their thing, and it is good that we have that kind of diversity. I wouldn't buy an Apple device though, they're too expensive for me, and offer me no advantage over less expensive platforms. :shrug: I always took a look though. Just to find out another time what i just stated.

Return to “Instruments”