SynthMaster One v1.1.6 released, iOS version getting closer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

it's a constant battle; a single piece of software vs the world. and (surely you've noticed), no one reaches perfection, even after an OS/app/etc is released.

at least the developer here is on top of things; am grateful for that.

Hi Bulent,

i was wondering where are Synthmaster One presets are now stored? the directory has been changed from Documents (on windows)?

Elektronisch wrote:Hi Bulent,

i was wondering where are Synthmaster One presets are now stored? the directory has been changed from Documents (on windows)?
Users presets are by default saved to:

/my documents/synthmasterone/presets

is it choosing another folder? other folders should be ok too, SM1/2 saves the folder name on config file.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Hi Bulent,

Users presets are by default saved to:

/my documents/synthmasterone/presets

is it choosing another folder? other folders should be ok too, SM1/2 saves the folder name on config file.
I mean factory presets :)

Elektronisch wrote: I mean factory presets :)
They're always at <data folder>\Presets

data folder is usually c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster one
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote: I mean factory presets :)
They're always at <data folder>\Presets

data folder is usually c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster one
AH i see! thank you! :)

Bulent i also noticed some strange bug. Its quite random, when i open Synthmaster One, i dont know why but when changing preset from one to another sometimes the synth goes silent, doesnt produce any sound and you have to reload new instance.

EDIT: now it figures why it goes silent, FL Wrapper shows an error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have noticed that so many presets are so loud. The SM1 meter is always in the red zone (clipping)

Yeah it's insane, it's like that for Sylenth1 also. Many synths.
I wish sound designers would keep their faders at unity, and aim for no clipping.
I think it's ridiculous.

Does anyone know where to get Serum's factory wavetables, so I can try them out in SM1?

Elektronisch wrote: AH i see! thank you! :)

Bulent i also noticed some strange bug. Its quite random, when i open Synthmaster One, i dont know why but when changing preset from one to another sometimes the synth goes silent, doesnt produce any sound and you have to reload new instance.

That's probably the one critical bug I fixed yesterday.

Please wait for my update guys. Hopefuly tonight I will release v1.1.6
Works at KV331 Audio

Igro wrote:I have noticed that so many presets are so loud. The SM1 meter is always in the red zone (clipping)
sqigls wrote:Yeah it's insane, it's like that for Sylenth1 also. Many synths.
I wish sound designers would keep their faders at unity, and aim for no clipping.
I think it's ridiculous.
Never try new synth sounds without setting a limiter on your master track.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

kv331 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote: AH i see! thank you! :)

That's probably the one critical bug I fixed yesterday.

Please wait for my update guys. Hopefuly tonight I will release v1.1.6
:clap:

BTW, just so you know, I need to remove individual wavetable waveforms from the menu for now. Once you start importing wavetables the number of menu items quickly go over 16384, and Windows throws a memory error because of too many menu items.

I am going to add a popup window to select waveforms/wavetables etc in a subsequent 1.1.7 or 1.2 update. We're gonna need that anyways for our iOS release, and in that window I will put back the selection of wavetable waveforms.
Works at KV331 Audio

inusable wrote:
Igro wrote:I have noticed that so many presets are so loud. The SM1 meter is always in the red zone (clipping)
sqigls wrote:Yeah it's insane, it's like that for Sylenth1 also. Many synths.
I think it's ridiculous.
Never try new synth sounds without setting a limiter on your master track.
yeah that's a given, but really...
Why does a soft synth need to clip when it's sitting at unity gain?
It's really sloppy work.
drop the volume by a dB or three - yeah cool... but forcing the user to add a limiter and drop the volume by 15-20 dB...?
That's just bad preset design. It's stupid. What? you gonna get some nice warmth by overdriving the digital software synthesiser by 20dB? It's insane.

Yeah, presets are too loud. That's why I asked Bulent to add lock option to knobs (is it there yet?). Turn main volume knob to 20%, lock it and now you can browse the presets.

Return to “Instruments”