SynthMaster One v1.1.6 released, iOS version getting closer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

keel wrote:Yeah, presets are too loud. That's why I asked Bulent to add lock option to knobs (is it there yet?). Turn main volume knob to 20%, lock it and now you can browse the presets.
In fact , the clipping appears on OSCs level, as well as filter stage. The presets guys must have been on meth.

Thanks for mentioning the preset clipping, I just went through my own rather amateur presets and adjusted some levels, I think with the higher than necessary preset levels, I was reducing track levels in my DAW to compensate, and then increasing the Osc and filter levels to push the sound back up when making my own presets. I was still watching clipping with the main volume setting, but as you said, I was also boosting the levels of everything else. Now my presets sound and behave better.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Igro wrote: In fact , the clipping appears on OSCs level, as well as filter stage. The presets guys must have been on meth.
Oscillators can quickly reach 0dB when voices > 1

The filters themselves have internal distortion in their feedback loops, but still they can go up to 20dB.

The key is to set the volumes of oscillators and filters correctly.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

i definitely appreciate the ability to achieve different tones when driving oscillators hotter (etc), but it should be corrected in the preset audio path with the filter volume, or main volume pot or whatever... No preset should clip with faders sitting at unity. If it were me selling the presets, i'd send them back to the creator and ask them kindly to fix them all. or at least specify this for future submissions.

keel wrote:Yeah, presets are too loud. That's why I asked Bulent to add lock option to knobs (is it there yet?). Turn main volume knob to 20%, lock it and now you can browse the presets.
I'll add a lock parameter feature for both SM1 and SM2 soon. It was in my todo list, but had to postpone that for a while.

I actually added a recent feature where SM1 detects the max level based on peak or RMS value, and then you can right click the master volume and turn it down automatically according to the peak level. I need to test that very well though.

Also, the peak depends on many factors: How many keys are you pressing simultaneously? For presets with velocity modulation, what's the velocity you are playing with? For presets that have modwheel modulation, what's the modwheel level? it's not really trivial to set the master volume :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Yeah, when designing sounds volume quickly gets out of control. One thing that contributes is that it seems Synthmaster doesn't auto-compensate for more voices at the oscillator level. Which I guess is fine, I just have to keep that in mind compared to other Synths.

That and Distortion adds a TON of gain. Any sound using distortion I have to keep nearly all the various gain knobs at like 20% to keep it within a reasonable volume. It would help a ton to to have an "out gain" knob for the distortion effect.

I don't know why anyone would ever use the "Boost" button. If anything, I need a button to do the opposite and lower the gain 12db.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

AJYoung wrote: That and Distortion adds a TON of gain. Any sound using distortion I have to keep nearly all the various gain knobs at like 20% to keep it within a reasonable volume. It would help a ton to to have an "out gain" knob for the distortion effect..
Agreed! I was just thinking about that.

Also, the distortion lacks something significant: At the left/right edges, the slope is fixed, the signal is hard clipped. I am planning to add a variable slope at the edges so the distortion can get really interesting, so we can do stuff like foldback distortion. Frankly I haven't looked into distortion in depth yet, that's my next goal if time permits during the design of v3.0
Works at KV331 Audio

Hey guys,

SynthMaster One v1.1.6 has finally arrived. Here's the change log:

1. On Windows, users with non-ascii user names (such as Bülent Bıyıkoğlu) were not able to run SynthMaster One. This issue is fixed in v1.1.6

2. SynthMaster One had issues with user waveforms that had long category names. This issue is fixed in v1.1.6

3. SynthMaster One now stores path & name of waveforms/wavetables when saving presets, and warns the user when those waveforms/wavetables could not be found.

4. When switching presets, SynthMaster One was sometimes crashing. This issue is fixed in v1.1.6

5. SynthMaster One was crashing when image files defined in skin definitions did not exist. This issue is fixed in v1.1.6

6. The maximum number of waveforms/wavetables was limited to 16384. This issue is fixed in v1.1.6

7. Compression view was sometimes causing SynthMaster One to crash because of uninitialized variables. This issue is fixed in v1.1.6

ENJOY!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Thank you, Bulent, top notch service :)

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you, Bulent, top notch service :)
Thank you :hug:

#1,#4, #5, and #7 were real showstopper issues! I am glad we sorted them out. now I am going to apply those fixes to SynthMaster as well, yes SynthMaster has those issues too!
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
DocShay wrote:To reproduce, select the preset named "ARP three ways (mw+pb+at) BT", and it will give you an error at least it does on windows 10 x64. This error also seems to happen with some other bigtone patches in the factory bank.
Yes I identified 2 or 3 presets. I will ask BigTone about those.
Anyword from Big Tone?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Anyword from Big Tone?
rsp
I fixed those 2 presets as well.

oh wait, I also edited presets to normalize levels for the following authors: Selcuk Ergen, Vandalism, The Machine, BigTone and Kevin Schroeder.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote: Anyword from Big Tone?
rsp
I fixed those 2 presets as well.

oh wait, I also edited presets to normalize levels for the following authors: Selcuk Ergen, Vandalism, The Machine, BigTone and Kevin Schroeder.
oh fantastic.
Thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

The meters on the synth seem to intermittently not return to zero when the sound is completely stopped. It seems playing legato (no matter if the patch is set to legato) is more likely to invoke this. I don't hear any audible issues, but maybe something is getting stuck somewhere. It doesn't seem patch dependent, it seems to happen randomly, but maybe not on purely percussive sounds. Try BAS Bare Bones VS, for example.

Seen on Reaper Windows.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for 1.1.6.
Always love the regular fixes and improvements :tu:

Return to “Instruments”