Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

jasonekratz wrote: Can't agree more. IMHO it's worth taking the money you'd buy on a hardware synth and invest it instead in an iPad and the many good synth apps that exist (again...especially around Black Friday when everything is on sale). Mono/Poly is fantastic btw.
MonoPoly is one of those things that we can also have NATIVE, and fortunately, it doesn't cost a fortune. Actually, all the better tools you have in Korg Gadget are things that already exist in Mac/Windows since a very long time, and are now ridiculously cheap and very easy on the CPU.

Unfortunately, Korg kind of adandoned development of them, and is trying now to sell them AGAIN to users disguised inside that ridiculous thing they call Gadget. :x
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
jasonekratz wrote: Can't agree more. IMHO it's worth taking the money you'd buy on a hardware synth and invest it instead in an iPad and the many good synth apps that exist (again...especially around Black Friday when everything is on sale). Mono/Poly is fantastic btw.
MonoPoly is one of those things that we can also have NATIVE, and fortunately, it doesn't cost a fortune. Actually, all the better tools you have in Korg Gadget are things that already exist in Mac/Windows since a very long time, and are now ridiculously cheap and very easy on the CPU.

Unfortunately, Korg kind of adandoned development of them, and is trying now to sell them AGAIN to users disguised inside that ridiculous thing they call Gadget. :x
Gadget on the Mac is ridiculous, at least the price, and you are right about them essentially abandoning the VST versions. I also own the collection on PC, but it is really great to have those synths on my iPad, they are actually used more on my iPad than I ever used them on the desktop.

I think trying to use an iPad as a sound source for your desktop DAW is just plain worthless, but just taken as a mobile music studio, I love the iPad and Gadget combo. It doesn't make me give up the desktop, but that's not the point of it to me. The whole setup weighs nearly nothing and you can take it anywhere.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote: I think trying to use an iPad as a sound source for your desktop DAW is just plain worthless, but just taken as a mobile music studio, I love the iPad and Gadget combo. It doesn't make me give up the desktop, but that's not the point of it to me. The whole setup weighs nearly nothing and you can take it anywhere.
I think that this, at least, is valid, if you have a use case for it. I don't have a need for that I've found. To the extent that I have a need for a mobile studio it's much better met by my Tascam portable recorder.

I just don't see it as a replacement for the desktop anytime soon. The form factor just isn't there.

ghettosynth wrote:
braj wrote: I think trying to use an iPad as a sound source for your desktop DAW is just plain worthless, but just taken as a mobile music studio, I love the iPad and Gadget combo. It doesn't make me give up the desktop, but that's not the point of it to me. The whole setup weighs nearly nothing and you can take it anywhere.
I think that this, at least, is valid, if you have a use case for it. I don't have a need for that I've found. To the extent that I have a need for a mobile studio it's much better met by my Tascam portable recorder.

I just don't see it as a replacement for the desktop anytime soon. The form factor just isn't there.
Yeah, I don't ever see myself working exclusively on a 8" screen. 80" yes :P

My goal with the desktop is to eventually have a completely silent computer. To me that is the holy grail. My iPad is silent, which is pretty cool all by itself. When we get to the point that you truly have desktop tower-power in a mobile screen based device and can walk up to your workstation and have it power your experience there, with a full screen display all connected wirelessly, then mobile can 'replace' the desktop, because it will become the desktop. But we are years away from that, maybe 10? I don't know. Quantum computing I guess, I'm not a computer techie. But the day will come when desktop/mobile will be the same thing.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Yes, please emulate this next Arturia! It was my first 'keyboard' ever!

To compete with NI FM 8, no problem for Arturia, but to compete with a pristine emulation of Autodafe? No way...

https://www.autodafe.net/virtual-instru ... 4bits.html

There will be some of those who can't distinguish between price and value though, who might argue its too expensive...

Yesterday i started checking out Arturia Clavinet V more deeply and inspired by this created a patch in U-He Repro-5 that is not supposed to be a proper 1:1 replication at all. I had posted the Repro-5 patch here for download:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

Using a layer of both this Repro-5 patch and a modified preset in Arturia Clavinet V i just recorded a short spontaneous improvisation:
Repro-5 + Clavinet V - Clavinet Repro-duction Part 1

This was recorded "live" using a layer of one instance of Repro-5 and one of Clavinet V.
The only effect added is Waves OneKnob Phatter (at 50% amount) for Clavinet V.
The layered tracks were slightly panned to the left and right stereo channels.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:The only effect added is Waves OneKnob Phatter (at 50% amount) for Clavinet V.
I think you always add this to all Arturia instruments, don't you..? :hihi:

teilo wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Oh believe me, I have no love for Microsoft. But it's the lesser of two evils. It's an easier platform to work with. There are more tools for serious musicians.
Ok. Now you’re just trolling.
So now I'm a troll because I think some software companies don't give a crap about their customers.

Okay, whatever. Have a nice day.

beely wrote:
Ingonator wrote:The only effect added is Waves OneKnob Phatter (at 50% amount) for Clavinet V.
I think you always add this to all Arturia instruments, don't you..? :hihi:
Quite often, yes and same is true with Tone2 Saurus which is still one of my favorite softsynths. Anyway i sometimes also add it to something like Diva etc. if i want a more extreme low end.
With my Repro-5 Clavinet patch used for the layer with Clavinet V in that demo it was not really necessary to further boost the low end.

If i find some time i might also recreate this patch with Arturia Prophet V3 while Repro-5 currently is the "ultimate" Prophet 5 emualtion for me. Anyway i had used Prophet V since around 2006 which is longer than most hardware i had owned (except my Motif ES 7 and Wavestation EX).
When i bought the boxed version of Prophet V back then the box even included an eLicenser USB dongle (called Syncrosoft dongle at that time). Same was true for the boxed versions of Jupiter 8V and Korg Legacy Collection Digital Edition when i bought them ages ago.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I'm with wagtunes on this. I have disliked Apple's design choices and business practices since the 80s, and their computers are overpriced. I don't exactly love Microsoft either, but Linux is not a serious contender for someone who wants to make music, play computer games, and make a living at software development.

Most of the Apple fans I know dual-boot into Windows anyway. Kinda tells you something.

As far as phones and tablets go, I'll stick with Android. It's not perfect, but there is nothing that could convince me to buy an iPad or iPhone. Yes, there are music apps for them. No, I don't need them, or even want them. The music apps I've played with on Android, and Nintendo DS, were brief diversions at best and I've found I just don't like trying to integrate little devices and toys into my music-making.

foosnark wrote:I'm with wagtunes on this. I have disliked Apple's design choices and business practices since the 80s, and their computers are overpriced. I don't exactly love Microsoft either, but Linux is not a serious contender for someone who wants to make music, play computer games, and make a living at software development.

Most of the Apple fans I know dual-boot into Windows anyway. Kinda tells you something.

As far as phones and tablets go, I'll stick with Android. It's not perfect, but there is nothing that could convince me to buy an iPad or iPhone. Yes, there are music apps for them. No, I don't need them, or even want them. The music apps I've played with on Android, and Nintendo DS, were brief diversions at best and I've found I just don't like trying to integrate little devices and toys into my music-making.
Man, don't you know how dangerous it is around here to agree with me on anything? LOL.

I agree with both of you :shrug:

Ingonator wrote:Yesterday i started checking out Arturia Clavinet V more deeply and inspired by this created a patch in U-He Repro-5 that is not supposed to be a proper 1:1 replication at all. I had posted the Repro-5 patch here for download:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&start=30

Using a layer of both this Repro-5 patch and a modified preset in Arturia Clavinet V i just recorded a short spontaneous improvisation:
Repro-5 + Clavinet V - Clavinet Repro-duction Part 1

This was recorded "live" using a layer of one instance of Repro-5 and one of Clavinet V.
The only effect added is Waves OneKnob Phatter (at 50% amount) for Clavinet V.
The layered tracks were slightly panned to the left and right stereo channels.
Attached you find a single preset file of a quick attempt in replicating my Repro-5 Clavinet patch in Arturia Prophet V3.
What could not be replicated there is the voice panning, velocity control and aftertouch control available in Repro-5. Anyway i might try to add velocity and aftertouch using the hybrid synth in Prophet V3 instead of the Prophet 5 plugin that i used now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ingo Weidner

foosnark wrote:I'm with wagtunes on this. I have disliked Apple's design choices and business practices since the 80s, and their computers are overpriced. I don't exactly love Microsoft either, but Linux is not a serious contender for someone who wants to make music, play computer games, and make a living at software development.

^ This. All of it.

So has this now completely turned into an Apple and iOS bashing thread? FWIW i never owned an iPhone, iPad or Mac and do not plan to get any of them but why do i even try to stay on topic with my previous posts here if all others are derailing this thread since some pages now...
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”