Call to Arms: Charity 2017 ($37731 final result raised)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bastl stuff turned up today. Wahey!

Can't wait to power it up.

Udy wrote:Bastl stuff turned up today. Wahey!
more good news (though I'm still waiting) :neutral:

My bastl grandPa was delivered this morning.

Still waiting here too. :-|

I think it takes longer to get to us...looking forward to getting my extra pressie!

kenobi77 wrote:My bastl grandPa was delivered this morning.
where are you? Udy seems to be in the UK same as me so I was kinda hoping my stuff would arrive yesterday but it didnt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I’m in the UK too, it was sent out by fedex. As ppl are receiving at different times I wonder if the despatching is staggered?

whyterabbyt wrote:
kenobi77 wrote:My bastl grandPa was delivered this morning.
where are you? Udy seems to be in the UK same as me so I was kinda hoping my stuff would arrive yesterday but it didnt.
yeah, I'm in London (uk) and still waiting... (the postman came 3 times today, only to consistently disappoint me)

Got my Bastl gear this morning. Plus the Little Nerd is wood rather than alumium, so they all match.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Received my Bastl Kastle today - huge thanks to Luftrum for running this auction again.

Hope all the other winners have fun with their new toys.

Happily I can report that my Bastl units also arrived today! :ud:

Still waiting here.

whyterabbyt wrote:Got my Bastl gear this morning. Plus the Little Nerd is wood rather than alumium, so they all match.
mine too, sooo beautiful, much nicer than alu :love: :love: :love:

2015:
Multiple delays over a period of about 40 days from Twisted-Electrons, who were having some serious production equipment problems. I thought it was odd that they donated items that hadn't actually been built yet, and didn't start building until after the auction ended. But they communicated with me frankly about it. On day 40 I got a tracking number.

2016:
Olivier from Mutable Instruments contacted me on November 1 to ask for a shipping address, sent a tracking number November 2, and Rings was on my doorstep on November 4.

2017:
After 9 days: Bastl asked Luftrum to gather the 10 shipping addresses because they are too busy to communicate with people.
After 28 days: Luftrum emailed them to ask about shipping, and Bastl said everything had shipped.
After 36 days: Triggerpad got the first item.
After 44 days: Four of us are still waiting (gahrn, kcearl, zarf, me).

My guess: they accidentally sold or lost or an employee stole the items they meant to hold for the auction; they lied about having shipped everything; they have been gradually sending stuff out without regard for which panels they said they'd have. But this is only a guess based on very little information, because... we have very little information :P

I emailed them yesterday to see if I can get a tracking number. I had to do that when I bought a Kastle from them last year. Maybe they'll respond, maybe not.

Since they made a generous donation and I'm not really a "paying customer" I can only get so annoyed, but I can't take them seriously as a business anymore and won't be buying any of their products, or bidding on their stuff if they donate again next year...

Update...

info@bastl-instruments.com didn't answer my email before, but on the second try I wrote to shop@noise.kitchen as well, and they answered.

They gave me a tracking number, and I see that my package left the Czech Republic on December 1. There has been no update in tracking info since then, which is pretty typical for USPS, especially overseas. (I assumed it would be FedEx because my previous orders from Bastl went that way). At least I know that it actually shipped, and that USPS will hold packages while I'm traveling for the holidays, so now I've gone from worry to regular impatience :D

(Also, just got an email from David at Bastl, who sounds like he's in charge and is really not happy with the way this has made them look. Hopefully they'll straighten out their issues in the future, though they obviously can't fix USPS and whatever other services are involved here.)

Return to “Instruments”