Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
poshook
KVRian

665 posts since 31 Aug, 2004

Postby poshook; Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:12 am NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

NO add library feature in Kontakt 5.7.1. Everything managed by Native Access BUT this application is totally stupid as it does not reflect VST and Content locations from Preferences and still looking for VSTs and content in default locations. VSTs must be manually relocated one by one. And for libraries, there is even no relocate function.... :evil: :x

Why developers do this non-sense to loyal customers?
sl1200mk2
KVRist

87 posts since 6 Jun, 2003

Postby sl1200mk2; Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:29 am Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

EDIT: I didn't understand you correctly.
xx JPRacer xx
KVRAF

1970 posts since 25 Jun, 2008, from Montreal, Canada

Postby xx JPRacer xx; Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:41 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

Because they think customers are idiots and program like this is actually helping them. :shrug:
ATS
KVRAF

5584 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:24 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access. There preferences are in the top right, you just click the little person icon. You don't have to relocate anything if you do it right.
chk071
KVRAF

15993 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:28 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access.

Totally agree. I have like 10 or 12 products from them now, and it makes installing a real breeze, especially with a decent internet connection.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

2104 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The marxist paradise that is the UK

Postby Googly Smythe; Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:23 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

chk071 wrote:
ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access.

Totally agree. I have like 10 or 12 products from them now, and it makes installing a real breeze, especially with a decent internet connection.

The caveat here is "decent internet connection". Not everyone has one.
Scotty
KVRAF

1560 posts since 22 Dec, 2002

Postby Scotty; Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:29 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

When Native Access messes up it can create lots of confusion. I know my way around it . Recently I ran an update and despite the NI preferences clearly indicating where the VST should be placed NI put it in a default directory. I sorted it out after poking around but I am used to that kind of thing.

Recently NI refused to update my Reaktor 6 blocks and wired installation on my Mac system. Everything was fine with the product but the updates would not install. Uninstallation didn't fix it and I still can't update it on the Mac.

I have Ulimate installed on two computers (1 PC and 1 Mac) and all other products are working fine but it can and does have a mind of its own and it isn't always user error.

Be sympathetic with others who have really struggled with it. It messes up sometimes.
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.
poshook
KVRian

665 posts since 31 Aug, 2004

Postby poshook; Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access. There preferences are in the top right, you just click the little person icon. You don't have to relocate anything if you do it right.

there is no problem with ni stuff but serious troubles with 3th party libraries. native access see it as installed but kontakt miss it and looking for it at different location. then it ask me for right location, I give it the same as native access has. it changes that but next time I open kontakt, the same problem occurrs again and again
lingyai
KVRAF

2106 posts since 27 Jan, 2011

Postby lingyai; Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

They still haven't sorted this out?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!
lingyai
KVRAF

Postby lingyai; Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

They still haven't sorted this out?

jancivil
KVRAF

14713 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

poshook wrote:
ATS wrote:Oh man I just reinstalled all my NI stuff and this made it so much easier. If you want to change the install path for anything just go into the preferences. I seriously love Native Access. There preferences are in the top right, you just click the little person icon. You don't have to relocate anything if you do it right.

there is no problem with ni stuff but serious troubles with 3th party libraries. native access see it as installed but kontakt miss it and looking for it at different location. then it ask me for right location, I give it the same as native access has. it changes that but next time I open kontakt, the same problem occurrs again and again

You really need to establish in Kontakt where the data actually is. Then you're sorted. If NA has some other idea, that is no moment to Kontakt and where data is to be found. This is incoherent and it's down to you. You have control of this. Including where NA believes things are.
lingyai
KVRAF

Postby lingyai; Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm Re: NI Native Access - are you kidding me?

double post

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)