Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, trying it out. I was actually looking at some of these products when I bought Samplitude, so this is kind of cool.

dzilizzi wrote:Okay, trying it out. I was actually looking at some of these products when I bought Samplitude, so this is kind of cool.
Yeah I got in on the Samplitude deal and was miffed the plugins couldn't be used in other hosts, I just assumed they would.

Those Vintage Suite plugins are really nice effects with lots of creative features, not just run of the mill :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Harry_HH wrote:What is this "Spl drum replacer plugin" anyway? :?:
I know the Spl DrumXChanger, which discussed in here, but that something else, if not, why not call and identify as it is.
In DrumXChanger transient and sustain shaper is integrated to the plugin, no separate transient shapers..
Yes I meant DrumXchanger (I was on my phone and in a rush) and a post here mentions that you also get the separate SPl transient designer as a bonus with the installation:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... igner.html

Quote: “Have you noticed that you even get the SPL "TRANSIENT DESIGNER" as a second EXTRA plugin (the original Analog Code TD version!) with the DXC installer? It will be in your plugin list after installing the DXC automatically!”
Play it by ear

Outrageous bargains from MAGIX continue... Hopefully they're not going out of business or anything :lol:

telecharge wrote:I haven't seen Addictive Trigger for much less than half off its $150 SRP. Has anyone else?
Nope. Best so far is waiting for the 50% sale then going to JRR and use their code.

dzilizzi wrote:Is this a legit thing? So for about $20, you can get it all?
Yup. HumbleBundle usually does vidya game bundles but they ran a MAGIX one a while ago with Sound Forge Audio Studio. If you contact MAGIX support after registering it to your account you can ask them for upgrade pricing, e.g., with Vegas Edit to Vegas Pro.

Is this a legit thing? So for about $20, you can get it all?

Of course it is. Humble Bundles have been around a long time.

In case anyone wondering the effects are 64 bit and work in Studio One.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:Of course it is. Humble Bundles have been around a long time.

In case anyone wondering the effects are 64 bit and work in Studio One.
Easy now, not everyone here is a video game nerd like me. :borg:

I can also confirm the plug-ins should work with any host, not just MAGIX software. The wording on the Humble Bundle website is a little funny...

Everyone should consider that Vegas Pro Edit (and most everything else I think) are previous versions in the humble bundle, the upgrade to the current version, Vegas Pro Edit 15 is $149 for instance, (the current sale price). Still a great bargain, with much stuff to give away to friends and whatnot if you don't want it...

yellowmix wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:Is this a legit thing? So for about $20, you can get it all?
Yup. HumbleBundle usually does vidya game bundles but they ran a MAGIX one a while ago with Sound Forge Audio Studio. If you contact MAGIX support after registering it to your account you can ask them for upgrade pricing, e.g., with Vegas Edit to Vegas Pro.
I can't find anything on Magix website about Vegas Pro 14. I assume the Edit version is a step down from Movie Studio 14?

mutantdog wrote:I can't find anything on Magix website about Vegas Pro 14. I assume the Edit version is a step down from Movie Studio 14?
There's a review here that might give some details you're after: http://www.bitwisemag.com/2017/01/vegas ... eview.html

Are there DirectX effects with Vegas Pro Edit that are usable in other hosts?

Vegas Pro Edit should be a much higher tier than Movie Studio...

Judging by the screenshots that looks like a rebranded version of the previous Sony Vegas. I'm not too familiar with the product but Movie Studio 14 looks a lot sleeker, almost like v15 without the new features. I hear Vegas was notoriously buggy when Sony owned it.

Not trying to knock the deal, it looks like a lot of stuff for a really good price (and for charity) but as mentioned above, probably best viewed as a potential cheap upgrade path.

The effects suite could be nice, the onboard stuff in Independence were pretty good if that's anything to go by.

dzilizzi wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:This is totally worth it even just for the Vinyage Effects Suite, these are really nice plugins.

details of the suite:
http://www.magix.com/gb/vintage-effects-suite/
khanyz wrote:Humble Software Bundle is a creative one

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/v ... ve-freedom

Includes Vegas Pro, Music Maker and MAGIX Vintage Effects Suite.

Full list:
Pay what you want!
Soundpool: Stranger Synths, MSRP: $19.99
Music Maker 80s Edition, MSRP: $29.99
MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe, MSRP: $49.99

Pay more than the average of $17.88 (about £13.38) to also unlock! - THIS PRICE WILL CHANGE
Xara Photo & Graphic Designer, MSRP: $59.99
MAGIX Photostory Deluxe, MSRP: $69.99
Music Maker Hip Hop Beat Producer, MSRP: $29.99

Pay $20 (about £14.97) or more to also unlock!
Xara Web Designer Premium, MSRP: $99.99
MAGIX Vintage Effects Suite, MSRP: $119
VEGAS Pro 14 Edit, MSRP: $399
MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab, MSRP: $49.99
Is this a legit thing? So for about $20, you can get it all?
This looks like a pretty sweet deal...Thanks for the heads up, khanyz

mutantdog wrote:Judging by the screenshots that looks like a rebranded version of the previous Sony Vegas
MAGIX bought out several products from Sony Creative, including Sound Forge, Spectralayers, and Vegas. I've said it before, I think they'll be better stewards. You can get on the MAGIX forums and they're asking people what they'd like to see in new versions. MAGIX is purely a software and content company compared to Sony being, well, Sony.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”