One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (J. Ruegg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

doctorbob wrote:Have you PM'd bjporter? Brian will help you sort it.

dB

PS Done my first pass voting ... it might change!
PM'd, but no response

I don't wanna get disqualified :(

anyway, i think I placed every track into the left side. so if nobody can help me, i guess i've voted.

Phew... voted>> what a journey that was :clap: :band:

:phones:

Thusly my votes have flown out of their nest.

:) :clap:

Great stuff in there!

Voted. All I can say is WOW.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

sqigls wrote:
doctorbob wrote:Have you PM'd bjporter? Brian will help you sort it.

dB

PS Done my first pass voting ... it might change!
PM'd, but no response

I don't wanna get disqualified :(

anyway, i think I placed every track into the left side. so if nobody can help me, i guess i've voted.
I think as long as you have refreshed your browser and your voted tracks remain on the left, it stuck and you're good to go.

Edit: Ahhh, I see what you're sayin'... you're not sure if all were accounted for.
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Voted. As usual an impressive mix of tracks. Thorn proved to be a very inspirational synth. Great work, everyone!

a quick note to say how much I appreciate everyone's comments on my SoundCloud page
I've participated in the KVR Music Cafe challenge for perhaps 5 years now and usually would receive between 40 and 60 plays of the piece on SC. This is my first OSC and I'm looking at 165 plays thus far ! Far different challenge here . . . but it's been fun
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:a quick note to say how much I appreciate everyone's comments on my SoundCloud page
I've participated in the KVR Music Cafe challenge for perhaps 5 years now and usually would receive between 40 and 60 plays of the piece on SC. This is my first OSC and I'm looking at 165 plays thus far ! Far different challenge here . . . but it's been fun
Welcome to the OSC. This is a great community of people, many of whom come back month after month, and commenting on tracks is a big part of the fun. The production bar is also pretty high here!

I think my most top-heavy scoring yet. Really really impressive and enjoyable round.

ontrackp wrote: Welcome to the OSC. This is a great community of people,
Almost to the point it could use its own sub-forum on KVR.

Mister Natural wrote:a quick note to say how much I appreciate everyone's comments on my SoundCloud page
If you go and put your track into all forums/communities you know you should get even more plays. And I bet this will get you even more and a lot of constructive feedback...

generaldiomedes wrote:I think my most top-heavy scoring yet. Really really impressive and enjoyable round.
Only my second.. but yes, I am a bit top heavy as well... I did try to be more disciplined and spread them.. but even after repeated listens I was still finding things for different reasons that kept songs where they were!

] Peter:H [ wrote: If you go and put your track into all forums/communities you know you should get even more plays. And I bet this will get you even more and a lot of constructive feedback...
haha.. yup. I've noticed you all over the place... and the result, so many plays Peter... :wink: :wheee:

toonertik wrote:
] Peter:H [ wrote: If you go and put your track into all forums/communities you know you should get even more plays. And I bet this will get you even more and a lot of constructive feedback...
haha.. yup. I've noticed you all over the place... and the result, so many plays Peter... :wink: :wheee:
You don't want to know all the other forums you're not using and I'm a pain in the *** in, he he he...It's all about the different feedbacks, point of views and the great people there. I use one platform where even pro mixers help amateurs like me. To give you an impression, about what type of talent were talking: You might not like the music, but the following track is real pro sound in any aspect I'd say: https://recording.de/songvoting/songs/sisters.8479/
Every pro tipp I can get there is worth alot. I'm actually trying to motivate some guys over there to join OSC...though you probably wont like it...one is kinda hardstyle 160 bpm+ and the second is pure noize ;-)
And I got to know user @seismic1, a great Ambient Artist, learnt some crazy tools like "PaulStretch" from his tracks, and his track inspired me to go Ambient myself . Thus I ahevn't put my "kraftwerk" track into the competition but created a second... Got contact to another user I'm probably doing a remix/remaster for. OSC is only a little kind of closed world...plenty of things in the outside world to listen, too.
So this is just a journey to find inspiration and know how...and additionaly you get some plays.
Enjoy seismics great track...https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/the-entropy-clause

] Peter:H [ wrote: learnt some crazy tools like "PaulStretch" from his tracks, and his track inspired me to go Ambient myself . Thus I ahevn't put my "kraftwerk" track into the competition but created a second... Got contact to another user I'm probably doing a remix/remaster for. OSC is only a little kind of closed world...plenty of things in the outside world to listen, too.
So this is just a journey to find inspiration and know how...and additionaly you get some plays.
Enjoy seismics great track...https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/the-entropy-clause
yup I get all that..
Had PaulsExteameStretch for years PET.. ;)
Look out... here he comes again :D
viewtopic.php?p=6957295
in VST format/// yaayyyy )))

Return to “Instruments”