Behringer: *LOTS* of classic analogue clones in the works ....

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They already said on facebook that these were just concepts and ideas...nothing planned.
dedication to flying

budweiser wrote:
BMoore wrote:Behringer doing classic synths, is like me scoring the Star Wars franchise.
Congrats !
I passed on it. It didn't fit with my yoga class schedule.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

All stuff withdrawn from their website. Was just a hoax to get some viral attention before x-mas.

A 16 Voice Wasp Deluxe would get my money :)

Urs wrote:All stuff withdrawn from their website. Was just a hoax to get some viral attention before x-mas.
Hardened sceptic :wink:

I personally think it wasn't supposed to go up till NAMM and they were just testing....a give them the benefit of the doubt here, I have done it myself on my website! I think that that will be what they eventually launch....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They are hardly concepts, when Uli stated in public they have 4 synth teams working on 20 synths...

These are going to happen, it's just a matter of time.

Dunno man... I'm with Peter Kirn:
createdigitalmusic.com wrote:(Whether that’s meant to take the wind out of the sails of rival press events, or spook competitors, or amp up would-be customers, or a combination, tough to know.)
That said, they can't even ship their Minimoog clone almost a year after...

Maybe Moog's after their asses?

I suspect that's it, Moog may be having a quiet word- a pretty final looking prototype on display 6 months ago and to be fair they delivered the DM12 on time which is a far more complicated synth.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Isn't it rather likely that their factory restructure has to do with it? After all, they did a pre-sale, and they know there'll be quite some demand, they have to produce a few units.

Give me a break. This is obviously not an accident. Yeah because his product development team also happens to have access to updating their website listings. Yeah, that makes sense. Not! There is no reason for these so called "ideas" to be on the site. This was all just a way to build buzz to go into 2018 and for them to see which synths get more love and focus on those first.

Yep. Like all those "leaks" these days. Of course, could have been employee with a profile neurosis too. There's also loads of those these days.

EvilDragon wrote:They are hardly concepts, when Uli stated in public they have 4 synth teams working on 20 synths...

These are going to happen, it's just a matter of time.
yes. exactly.

Urs wrote:Was just a hoax to get some viral attention before x-mas.
attention ? to what material ends ? the whole point of viral marketing is to gain from it ... no point intentionally trying to generate a viral buzz if the product, or product family, you're hyping isn't immediately available ... in those cases, buzz dies down and the process becomes counter productive, people become bitter about 'being had' ... and certainly the next time you might try to intentionally generate viral buzz, it is less likely to catch on since your previous intentional viral efforts were generated to no material ends.

in behringer's case they are also planning to clone classic designs of manufacturers that are still in business, still in the synth business, and in fact are still in the business of manufacturing and selling their own re-issues of the same designs.

this kind of exposure also gives the likes of Korg and Roland (even EMS) perhaps enough evidence to pre-empt, and begin any potential legal attempts to shut it down with cease-and-desist orders. Which could be why mr behringer immediately went public with 'this is all just concepts, just concepts... i swear! my 4 teams working on 20 synths are busy working on something else. scouts honour' .... meanwhile in China...

so if this was an intentional viral booboo .... it was a really, really, really, really, really stupid one with no material gains and potentially giving a healthy heads up to your most likely legal adversaries.

Daags wrote:it was a really, really, really, really, really stupid one with no material gains and potentially giving a healthy heads up to your most likely legal adversaries.
Or, just perhaps, telling people "Don't buy Roland Boutique anything for x-mas, don't buy Korg MS-20/Odyssey/2600 or any of the upcoming EMS clones - wait till NAMM and get two for the price of one from us"

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”