Roland A800 Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone, I would like to know if someone here owns Roland A800 Pro and share his/her experience and thoughts.

Thanks

Just do a forum search, loads of experiences to be found here. Search also for the A-500, if you can't find something for the A-800.

I have it! Like it a lot.

The action of the keys is not perfect, but it's good enough to play piano and other instruments with good dynamic.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think it will work nice in a daw (Reason)? What do you mean by 'action'?do the keys feel cheap?

I own the A-300 and i really enjoy the the keys. But it's keyboard style not piano (half wighted etc) style. Also the aftertouch is hard to access, but otherwise it's a great controller for sure. Not sure about it's future development with updates etc, since Cakewalk is out of business now. I'd probably buy it anyway.

The A-500Pro I've been using the past few years is great - they keys and action. Back then I was v. enthusiastic about VST instruments and using it's controls for midi learning but probably should have put dollars upfront into a proper hardware synth. You might look at the A-800 Pro over time as a big heavy empty shell.

I use A800 Pro as my main controller. Action is good. I don't really use anything else on it though.
I do miss a proper mod wheel. The one included is pretty poor as it's essentially built in to the pitch bend.

I have an A300 as well, one of the better controllers for the price imo.

I prefer the joystick like mod wheel over the more conventional type myself.

Anyway, there should be some good deals available on them. As they were primarily designed for Sonar and ACT which are pretty much dead now.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”