New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

it's odd, imperfect, unique, and a joy to play with. 5 hours later, am deep into making music, using it a lot. def worth downloading the demo...

I just spent a couple hours tinkering with it. I LOVE the different behaviors of the "Shift" (melody generator/scale engine) section, especially when the Arpeggiator is set to "Threshold" Or "Collision" mode. I've been looking for a generative instrument like this for quite some time. At first, only two FM operators might seem like a joke, but when you mess with the modulation options below the "Ratio" and "FM" windows, you begin to see that this is FM synthesis turned on its ear. Incredible sounds. Very musical-- and versatile! I DIG IT! :D

BRoySound wrote:and it has hands down one of the most Creative Arp and Modulation Features ever in a Synth...
Well, but will it be usable after all with all the traditional thinking we have? For me, they could simply replace the whole UI with one big "RANDOMIZE" button. I could just use Oatmeal and have my random results.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:
BRoySound wrote:and it has hands down one of the most Creative Arp and Modulation Features ever in a Synth...
Well, but will it be usable after all with all the traditional thinking we have? For me, they could simply replace the whole UI with one big "RANDOMIZE" button. I could just use Oatmeal and have my random results.
I'm a Control freak....I'm not much into Randomising.....even when I'm using Random button on Orb, it's just to find a surprise sound, and then I'm back to Control Mode again....

My Advice is to give it a day or two with all the Modulation features especially the Arp section, Learn how the collision and modes and dots work, and then you can design Crazy Innovative ARP Rhythms in no time.
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

They have a good sense of humor :D
Aparillo colloquialy means in germany big Machine or heavy tool

Here's a Quick Preset Surfing Video -

I'm not a Keyboard Player but I'm a Sound Fanatic who Loves Designing Sounds, you get the Point :D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfbkE5t1xjo
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

As a creative tool this is really cool... there’s a lot to be said for randomness - serendipity - that takes us away from our normal musical guide rails and that points us in different directions, I was making a new Bjørk sounding track after listening to just the first three presets.
This can really add a lot of spice to tracks - like Obscurium - and for me is an instant purchase.
Haven’t been that impressed with a synth for a quite a while. Big thumbs up from me.

:evil:
Own 5 Products of SB and get no intro offer...
Not interested any more.
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote::evil:
Not interested any more.

No one got an intro offer, so I don't see why you're hurt about it.

I think the "upgrade offer" mentioned upthread is the price to upgrade the bundle. You can check the price of the upgrade for you by logging into your account. The most pleased people seem to be those that had the bundle already and are just adding this new synth.

Not interested any more.

email them! they might work something out with you... they're good support.

jsp1979 wrote:
Not interested any more.

No one got an intro offer, so I don't see why you're hurt about it.

I think the "upgrade offer" mentioned upthread is the price to upgrade the bundle. You can check the price of the upgrade for you by logging into your account. The most pleased people seem to be those that had the bundle already and are just adding this new synth.
Correct. These people (sugar bytes) spends their days and nights working on these plugins. They have to eat to. It takes a lot of time and effort to create these things for us to enjoy and use. Let alone market with ecommerce, maintain a website and secure user data and support. 100 euro seems like a bargain especially from a small company like sugar bytes. If you want a discount, buy the bundle. If not, look elsewhere I guess. Whiner.

After listening to like the first minute of the first demo, I can't help but wonder what the hell people are hearing when they say "They're not impressed." I mean have we become THAT jaded already? I hear a phenomenal piece of software that I think is WAY underpriced. As an owner of Cyclop and Factory, this thing blows both of those combined out of the water and I love Cyclop and Factory.

I am going to have a massive amount of fun with this thing.

After listening to like the first minute of the first demo, I can't help but wonder what the hell people are hearing when they say "They're not impressed."
Yeah. 2 hours and I still cant get a decent Moog sound out of it

This thing is bonkers brilliant!
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the arp skipping the 9th note in a scale and then playing the last note twice?

I installed the demo yesterday and I really like it !
Last edited by Julien Unison on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Return to “Instruments”