Logic Pro X 2018 wishlist

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fix tempo map copy and paste. It converts every curve in your tempo map to steps. Seriously can't understand this. You can select nodes, and option-drag, and this doesn't happen. But when you copy and paste it screws the whole thing up. I believe the problem began with 10.2.

- MIDI drum editor
- Multiband splitting for every channel

Logic pro x for pc .

Amram wrote:Logic pro x for pc .
For $199? :hihi:
But just imagine the collateral damage at that price for PC :scared:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
It would probably cost something like $499 in that case. :D So when you take in consideration difference in price and bugs/lousier performance on PC, it's better just to use it on OS X, so yeah, just get Mac. :ud:

Oh, forgot to mention Apple went with USB eLicenser for PC version. :hihi:
Last edited by Zexila on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Hah. I wish :hihi:
Unfortunately I doubt that’s ever going to happen...
The fact of the matter is Apple isint planning to risk damaging its own sales I would think.

As for logic My main gripe is the lack of an easy Midi 16 Pad drum editor/player like Ableton and Bitwigs Drum Racks, Reasons Korg or FLs FPC.

Also the legacy plugins look absolutely hideous to me. The rest of
Logic is so crisp and Lovley to look at that those old plugins really stick out like a sore thumb. They need to upgrade the GUI to some of them, especially the Exs24 since that’s the legacy plugin I use the most...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Zexila wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
It would probably cost something like $499 in that case. :D So when you take in consideration difference in price and bugs/lousier performance on PC, it's better just to use it on OS X, so yeah, just get Mac. :ud:
That’s what I did, and after the switch, I’ll l NEVER go back.
Best $199 ever spent.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:That’s what I did, and after the switch, I’ll l NEVER go back.
Best $199 ever spent.
Yeah, Logic is amazing deal for the buck. :wheee: :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Just been updated to 10.3.3
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

right now, just had a crash !!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang:

(before updating ...notice it, or not!!!)

:hihi:

10.3.3 updated with 36-core support - for the new iMac Pro 18-core + Hyperthreading.

teilo wrote:10.3.3 updated with 36-core support - for the new iMac Pro 18-core + Hyperthreading.
So, anyone who buys the iMac Pro maxed (which will cost "merely" $17.000 according to this projection: http://www.zdnet.com/article/want-a-ful ... onna-hurt/) will receive FOR FREE a license of Logic Pro :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
teilo wrote:10.3.3 updated with 36-core support - for the new iMac Pro 18-core + Hyperthreading.
So, anyone who buys the iMac Pro maxed (which will cost "merely" $17.000 according to this projection: http://www.zdnet.com/article/want-a-ful ... onna-hurt/) will receive FOR FREE a license of Logic Pro :hihi:
Yeah, free stuff, my wife is so gonna go for this instead of new car and kids college. :hihi:

I was kind of hoping for those new instrument and Plug-in GUIs to arrive this year and perhaps a drummer improvement or two, but man, you just can't argue with a team willing to stand knee deep in the soup and cleaning all those decade-worth of nastiness out to get the pipes going again. And that's been going on for more than a year now.

They must have cleared a bug backlog of hundreds, if not thousands of tickets since Pro X was released, seeing as every release fixes like 40 bugs or more. I don't think those are just surgical cuts, either. I think they learned from Final Cut and are continuously rewriting the code base.

Enabling the engine to work (more successfully) with all those cores must have taken a serious refactoring. I really hope I'll reap the benefits with my measly 4 cores, too.

Speaking of which, Digital Performer has this great idea of rendering all non-live tracks in the background automatically. Logic should have this, too. Manual Freeze is already there.

With the iMac Pro, you probably won't notice it happening at all (3 GB/s transfer rates of the SSD) but you could keep working with a 64 (32? 16?) samples buffer from start to finish @ 96 kHz which brings native very close to what DSP systems did better in the past. And suddenly, total cost of ownership doesn't look terrible anymore, compared to an HDX rig.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

fmr wrote:
So, anyone who buys the iMac Pro maxed (which will cost "merely" $17.000 according to this projection: http://www.zdnet.com/article/want-a-ful ... onna-hurt/) will receive FOR FREE a license of Logic Pro
I think I'll just spring for the 10-core @ $9,600 because I'm not greedy. :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”