Samplitude Pro X3 Suite sale $149.00 until Dec 20th

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:Anyone got an opinion on whether it'd be worth picking up the Vintage Effects Suite separately? Its bundled with Vegas Pro 14 and some Magix beginner/consumer stuff for $20 in a Humble Bundle deal?

(I got Samplitude in the sale deal, so I think I have the tied versions of these but I tend to avoid locked-in plugins since I also use a couple of other DAWs for different things)
The Vintage Effects Suite is excellent. It was written by Sascha Eversmaier (the guy behind the Fish Fillets) before leaving Magix to work with Urs (he is the main programmer of Satin and Presswerk).

But the Vintage Suite alone will not give you everything (you have to buy also the Analogue Modeling Suite and the Reverb, to have all the Sascha efects that are included in Samplitude Pro X Suite).
Fernando (FMR)

THE INTRANCER wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
telecharge wrote:You're right, but I shouldn't have to reorganize my plug-in folders to accommodate a host, The host should accommodate me. Plug-in organization and management is not one of Samplitude's strengths.
Unfortunately, very few hosts have any kind of plugin organization or management capability.
As far as I'm aware, there is One daw that excels at this aspect.
The one thing they could have fixed in the matter of minutes for programmer - would be to allow multiple plugin paths, like in Reaper, just separate with semikolon after one another.

Once you entered every path you use - it seems to extract those paths and refresh in one go - but really feels neanderthal having it like that.

whyterabbyt wrote:Anyone got an opinion on whether it'd be worth picking up the Vintage Effects Suite separately? Its bundled with Vegas Pro 14 and some Magix beginner/consumer stuff for $20 in a Humble Bundle deal?
I like Samplitude but dislike the bundled effects - Vintage suite and the other ones. I don’t hear whats so good about them and prefer third party options for pretty much everything.

confusedmuse wrote:You may not hear a difference when rendering a single sound. But a mix is a whole different thing.
For example - the difference between the same master in FL Studio and Cubase was enormous in the early 2000s.
It became much lesser in the past decade or so, but it's still there.
:tu:

lfm wrote: The one thing they could have fixed in the matter of minutes for programmer - would be to allow multiple plugin paths, like in Reaper, just separate with semikolon after one another.

Once you entered every path you use - it seems to extract those paths and refresh in one go - but really feels neanderthal having it like that.
Once you enter every path you use.. not too far of from Reaper>> enter every path you use separated by a semicolon Oh in Samplitude we don't have to put semicolon.. :wink:
I think you will find that Samplitude writes this to an ini file .. so I am about 90->95 % sure you only have to do it once... not so Neanderthal really, :)

Hi,

The Magix EULA states both for consumer and professional software in the same terms:

http://www.magix.com/us/eula/consumer/
http://www.magix.com/us/eula/professional/
[...]

4. License verification

Individual MAGIX Product licenses have to be validated periodically. This ensures that the original Software is being used and that it is being used according to the license terms and conditions. This requires an Internet connection.

[...]
I guess all these products, Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, Sound Forge Pro 11, and SpectraLayers Pro 4, don't have an offline installer available and require internet connection to setup. Can those programs be used (after install) offline?

Yes! For sure.

toonertik wrote:Once you enter every path you use.. not too far of from Reaper>> enter every path you use separated by a semicolon Oh in Samplitude we don't have to put semicolon.. :wink:
I think you will find that Samplitude writes this to an ini file .. so I am about 90->95 % sure you only have to do it once... not so Neanderthal really, :)
BASIC 'VSTPLUGINS.INI' EDITOR FOR SAMPLITUDE / SEQUOIA:

Video Tutorial:

https://youtu.be/SDLMqumK0Zo?list=PL95j ... snOTVJC1dR

Thanks to original developer!

Download here:
http://support2.magix.net/boards/sampli ... ent=272341

Regarding the Independence Pro which comes with Sampletude Pro X3. Does anybody know if it is enough to buy a $69 Independence pro license from Magix to be able to use it outside from this DAW or do I have to buy a separate license also for the Library content of it?

toonertik wrote:
lfm wrote: The one thing they could have fixed in the matter of minutes for programmer - would be to allow multiple plugin paths, like in Reaper, just separate with semikolon after one another.

Once you enter every path you use.. not too far of from Reaper>> enter every path you use separated by a semicolon Oh in Samplitude we don't have to put semicolon.. :wink:
You have to enter one path, scan, enter another path, scan and so forth.
But as I said, once doing that, it seems to extract from vstplugins.ini or whatever file that hold info.

It's even less work to handle rescan from mulitple paths entered once - than extract and fiddle with this which folders to rescan.

And you have to remember which folders you had entered in Samp - since there is no real plugin manager as other daws have.

Editing and removing one path and rescan - as an example - you have to remove vstplugins.ini completely. If you have them there editable, so easy and intuitive.

To split this into string tokens, from semicolon as separator, is done in minutes for a programmer. The just rescan each such token - done.

If no semcolon - scan path.
else If semicolon - split in tokens - and scan each.

It's soooooo simple to fix as one setting you enter, like in Reaper - or all other daws enter multiple paths in a list, which is tiny more work.

Especially since I had to clear, and not do VST3 stuff, since Samp ProX2 crashed doing that - I had to be selective what to scan. And some daws handle jBridge rather well and I include that path, others not and avoiding anything 32-bit. In my case that is four paths to enter over - once I found and removed vstplugins.ini.

I just feel it would fix a bunch of awkward operations you are in for doing the first install. It's so different you have to open help topic and read up on it - even.

Johnny Blade wrote:
toonertik wrote:Once you enter every path you use.. not too far of from Reaper>> enter every path you use separated by a semicolon Oh in Samplitude we don't have to put semicolon.. :wink:
BASIC 'VSTPLUGINS.INI' EDITOR FOR SAMPLITUDE / SEQUOIA:

Video Tutorial:

https://youtu.be/SDLMqumK0Zo?list=PL95j ... snOTVJC1dR

Thanks to original developer!

Download here:
http://support2.magix.net/boards/sampli ... ent=272341
Thanks for sharing! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

lfm wrote:
toonertik wrote:

You have to enter one path, scan, enter another path, scan and so forth.
But as I said, once doing that, it seems to extract from vstplugins.ini or whatever file that hold info.

It's even less work to handle rescan from mulitple paths entered once - than extract and fiddle with this which folders to rescan.

And you have to remember which folders you had entered in Samp - since there is no real plugin manager as other daws have.

Editing and removing one path and rescan - as an example - you have to remove vstplugins.ini completely. If you have them there editable, so easy and intuitive.

To split this into string tokens, from semicolon as separator, is done in minutes for a programmer. The just rescan each such token - done.

If no semcolon - scan path.
else If semicolon - split in tokens - and scan each.

It's soooooo simple to fix as one setting you enter, like in Reaper - or all other daws enter multiple paths in a list, which is tiny more work.

Especially since I had to clear, and not do VST3 stuff, since Samp ProX2 crashed doing that - I had to be selective what to scan. And some daws handle jBridge rather well and I include that path, others not and avoiding anything 32-bit. In my case that is four paths to enter over - once I found and removed vstplugins.ini.

I just feel it would fix a bunch of awkward operations you are in for doing the first install. It's so different you have to open help topic and read up on it - even.
ok... I just thought the VST thing a bit trivial compared to other things Reaper can do>> like excellent routing... automation_param_Modulation...
I use and like both on equal measure... just found that aspect a strange one to mention!

paulbreeze wrote:Regarding the Independence Pro which comes with Sampletude Pro X3. Does anybody know if it is enough to buy a $69 Independence pro license from Magix to be able to use it outside from this DAW or do I have to buy a separate license also for the Library content of it?
I guess you refer to the Independence Pro software suite @ £44 in UK that includes a 2Gb Library.
I don't know 100% but having used Magix stuff for a few years, I would imagine the $69 licence would allow you to use just the 2Gb that come with that version OUTSIDE of Samplitude but not the full 70Gb monty as included in the Pro_Suite but you will be able to make your own libraries.
I make this assumption on the basis that anyone can buy the version you mention.. they don't need Samplitude and my usage of the free Sam_ProX_Siver and the paid Sam_ProX3_Suite... Independence is restricted in the free version and other DAWs.

I owned Yellow Tools Indy Pro before it was included in the Samp Suite, Samp's version of Indy would not recognize Yellow Tools standard Library. I went through days of downloading content and for some reason it would still not take (this was probably 2 versions ago now) and this is when I got to know kraznet because he worked with me to resolve it. In the end Magix just sent me a box version and I did a fresh install so I would suspect toonertik is correct.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Wow the content is gonna take a month to download at this rate, 180 KB/s :lol:
are the servers getting hammered or are they always this slow?

EDIT: speed has picked up now, depends on what it being downloaded.
EDIT 2: Nope, dropped down again. :hihi:

Plus I seem to have a problem registering Samplitude, Spectral layers and the Analog modeling collection,
I cant log in, but like someone mentioned, there seems to be two user login systems, very confusing. I'll wait until I have everything installed (in about a month) before I sort that out. :hihi:

Delighted with the deal though overall, this and Vegas Pro 14 for peanuts in the humble bundle earlier. :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”