Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutantdog wrote:I feel the same way about Sandman Pro. I've got stacks of delays already but I really like the Unfiltered modulation setup. I spent my voucher on Fault already and picked up the Lindel pre-amp for $9 too so I'm gonna have to skip it for now. I really hope they relist everything after christmas and do some sort of extra cart voucher thing like they did a few months back though.
Checked my upgrade options, since I have the basic version of Sandman -
Product: Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro
Current Price: $29
Your Price: $49

LOL! I'd be better off using my $25 voucher and buying outright! :dog:

Examigan wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:
Examigan wrote:Do you guys think it is worth it to upgrade to Sampletank 3?
It is only $99 at the moment.
It's a big "it depends". What else have you got? What do you want out of it? The chances are you will be doubling up on sounds given ST3 is not all that flexible compared to the other sample players on the market now.
I have a lot of plugins already. I guess it is just GAS...but the new interface looks nice from what I have seen online. I don’t have Kontakt, but I have many UVI plugins including Falcon, plus AIR’s Structure and a few others sample-oriented plugins. Most of the plugins I have are regular “synth” types of plugins versus the sample playing variety.
If you don't have Kontakt, it is probably not a bad option as I believe it has the Miroslav samples in it. I think I have it. Which tells you how often I use it. But I have Kontakt so I have better sounds that what can be found in Sampletank. But it is nice to have some "real" strings and instruments to round out the synths at times.

mutantdog wrote:
soundbylaura wrote:A word to the wise on that Humble Bundle deal: a while back (years) Magix changed the terms of their EULA on the SoundPools such that they can't be used in commercial productions.

Don't know if it's that way now but if you do end up picking up the bundle, check the EULA on the SoundPool.
Good point, especially for a pack so obviously soundtrack-themed. From the blurb from "Stranger Synths":

All audio files are available in lossless WAV format (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz/ Stereo) and can be used without a license for non-commercial
purposes.
Pro licenses for Soundpools can be found at catooh.com.
Was the Vegas Pro installation issue solved, which someone mentioned? The overall evaluation of the stuff in the bundle, is it more or less useless, except the Vegas? I wish they had additional video effects in stead of these vintage audio effects presented in the video.

soundbylaura wrote:A word to the wise on that Humble Bundle deal: a while back (years) Magix changed the terms of their EULA on the SoundPools such that they can't be used in commercial productions.

Don't know if it's that way now but if you do end up picking up the bundle, check the EULA on the SoundPool.
i saw this. I'm wondering if personal YouTube videos count as commercial. If no one watches, does it make a sound.... um I mean is it really commercial?

I have their sounds from Magix Music Maker 2005 or something. When I was first starting out. Not that great.

Yes! Grosso for 60% off. I would have gone 50%, but as usual, Sonokinetic gives more. I love that company. And their products. :hyper: :tu: :hug:

Harry_HH wrote:
mutantdog wrote:

Good point, especially for a pack so obviously soundtrack-themed. From the blurb from "Stranger Synths":

All audio files are available in lossless WAV format (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz/ Stereo) and can be used without a license for non-commercial
purposes.
Was the Vegas Pro installation issue solved, which someone mentioned? The overall evaluation of the stuff in the bundle, is it more or less useless, except the Vegas? I wish they had additional video effects in stead of these vintage audio effects presented in the video.
That was me. What you need to do is wait until the installer appears after it unpacks. Takes a few minutes but if you just wait it eventually shows up, then you pick what product to install at which point it may show no products so you just do it over again. Really not as annoying as it sounds as long as you remember to wait.

dzilizzi wrote:

i saw this. I'm wondering if personal YouTube videos count as commercial. If no one watches, does it make a sound.... um I mean is it really commercial?

I have their sounds from Magix Music Maker 2005 or something. When I was first starting out. Not that great.
If you are making money off of it or using it to sell/promote something with the intention of making money.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

salvodaze wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
mutantdog wrote:

purposes.
That was me. What you need to do is wait until the installer appears after it unpacks. Takes a few minutes but if you just wait it eventually shows up, then you pick what product to install at which point it may show no products so you just do it over again. Really not as annoying as it sounds as long as you remember to wait.
OK - can you report your experience of the Vegas (when you know) - I have used Premiere Pro 2, which is good but very old and limited what comes e.g. to video effects and accepted import/export formats. plus how useful you find the other stuff in the bundle?

dzilizzi wrote:Yes! Grosso for 60% off. I would have gone 50%, but as usual, Sonokinetic gives more. I love that company. And their products. :hyper: :tu: :hug:
Already caved in to Maximo and need to control myself. :)

I decided to get Maximo because it has a more general purpose phrase library usable in music production as well. Grosso seems to be much more focused on actual cinematic scoring. The 12/8 signature also indicates that. Is this observation correct?
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Harry_HH wrote:
I tried to install it this morning. Windows would ask my permission to install, then it would disappear and... nothing. I did some searching to see if I could figure out what was going on, then decided to go off and do something else. About 30 minutes later the installation screen popped up out of nowhere and I was good from there on out for the install.

YMMV

PHASIS is a brand new phaser. It offers timeless phasing sounds – adding movement, soul, and creative magic to any signal. PHASIS draws inspiration from classic phasers but adds powerful new features for never-heard-before results. The Spread control changes the spacing of the phaser’s notches, for vocal-style effects. Ultra mode pushes modulation to ultra high rates, producing unique FM-esque tones. Download the VST/AU/AAX plug-in for free now!

Voucher and giveaway contest, too.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... idays-2017

soundbylaura wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

If you are making money off of it or using it to sell/promote something with the intention of making money.
I will have to look at it. I grabbed it for the graphics design stuff rather than the music stuff. It seems you get access to their online content catalog until next October, after which you have to pay a fee. I have images, just like I have music, but I liked the way they allow you to combine them into something new. So I hope I am not stuck using their stuff. I don't want to pay every year to use it, especially if I don't make anything from it. Thanks.

Harry_HH wrote:
OK - can you report your experience of the Vegas (when you know) - I have used Premiere Pro 2, which is good but very old and limited what comes e.g. to video effects and accepted import/export formats. plus how useful you find the other stuff in the bundle?
I've been using Vegas 13 for years, albeit for minimal video editing like putting music videos together or for my other YT channel. I haven't had a chance to try 14 yet (except check if my 13 projects open fine, yes they do) but I can speak for 13 pro. I find it easy enough to use but not always the most practical, although I have nothing else to compare with. I was actually going to go for the Studio versions as those are targeted as less pro work like mine but I couldn't pass it at 17 Euros :)

There's actually some really nice SW in this bundle. I just checked the Xara Photo & Graphic Designer to recreate a song artwork I put together in Adobe Spark in the morning, nothing too fancy. I managed to do it easily. It's of course much more complex than Spark too.
Along with that I downloaded the sound cleaning lab to give a try at those sad times when I forget to plug in the mic for YT content. There's also a web designer, a glorified slideshow maker and a photo manager in there. And that's excluding the audio stuff. Pretty great bundle for the price.

mgw38 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:Yes! Grosso for 60% off. I would have gone 50%, but as usual, Sonokinetic gives more. I love that company. And their products. :hyper: :tu: :hug:
Already caved in to Maximo and need to control myself. :)

I decided to get Maximo because it has a more general purpose phrase library usable in music production as well. Grosso seems to be much more focused on actual cinematic scoring. The 12/8 signature also indicates that. Is this observation correct?
Maximo is supposedly more for movement - so action phrases and only has strings, brass, and woodwinds. Grosso is a big orchestra with all the parts. I think Grosso and Capriccio are kind of equivalent in that they do the general playing sounds, whereas things like Maximo and Expressivo would only be used for flavor (?)

So you may be right as far as, if you are doing trailer music, you would definitely want Maximo and Grosso may be more than you need. Since I only just bought Grosso? I can't say for sure. I think to do a full symphony, you would need them all, but for specialized music, they are not all necessary. I've just been saving for this sale. :D

soundbylaura wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

Sure, but, that has to be argued for it to have any weight or meaning, consequently, I assume a less restrictive definition of "commercial use" and if anyone wants to disagree with me then they are welcome to sue me or at least send me a strongly worded letter from their legal department. Basically, if it's not making enough income to interest the tax man or some other commercial entity, e.g., a label, then I call that personal use.

All samples that I get, whether they are purchased sample libraries, freebie libraries, tasters, samples from sampling products, whatever as long as the acquisition was legal in the first place, go into the same big samples folder and I draw from that as I please without regard to license. I'm not talking about samples from commercial music or samples that I create. Just things that are offered in some form or another for legal download.

So, for example, IIRC, NI had or has some language about their samples not being sanctioned use if used outside of Kontakt or some nonsense, whatever, that's so completely unenforceable that I don't give a shit. If I want to make an NNXT instrument from those samples and put that in my track, I will and if they don't like that then they can let me know.

The chances of it getting sufficient attention to make enough money to interest the taxman is virtually zero. The chances that it might interest a label are only slightly higher and that's only because there are a lot of labels who don't make enough money to interest the taxman. However, if that were to ever happen I'd just go back to the project and see if anything needed clearance. Until that happens, if you don't want me using your samples in my tracks, don't put them out there for me to download in any form.

In essence, I use a "just in time" method of sample license evaluation. This is why I have extra time to post my rants on KVR.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”