NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BTW, there was something weird after i activated the serial and installed Phasis from Native Access. It first showed the license as "Demo", and when i hovered about the Demo term, it turned into a "Retry" icon, which was supposed to re-activate, trying the serial again. I did that a few times, and it always went back to "Demo". I then restarted Native Access, and all of a sudden, it showed Phasis as installed and activated. Maybe just an error in Native Access.

Uhh....it makes my macbook pro fans spinning like there is no tomorrow.
Will it phase the dust out of my macbook? :D
Nice if i need to warm up my legs.

chk071 wrote:
AnX wrote:Does it work out of the box, or does it need to be 'registered' thru the service centre crap?
This is what it said in the email:
Native Instruments wrote:Dear customer,

Here’s your serial number for your free phaser effect, PHASIS:

XXXX

1. Start Native Access and use the option ‘Add a serial number’ to register PHASIS
2. Download and install PHASIS using Native Access
So, yeah, only through Native Access, i guess. I don't see a possibility to add it to your account through NI's website, and, even if, the download would probably also be through Native Access.
Ok, thanks. I'll pass then.

Native Access, wtf is this rubbish? ... then... it prompts you to install native 'storage' or what was it's name etc, I cancelled...

then it takes a forever before Access updates itself (after 10 minutes, still waiting!)... so, are we Guinea Pigs so NI could test new stuff on, for what?

3ee wrote:Native Access, wtf is this rubbish? ... then... it prompts you to install native 'storage' or what was it's name etc, I cancelled...

then it takes a forever before Access updates itself (after 10 minutes, still waiting!)... so, are we Guinea Pigs so NI could test new stuff on, for what?
I have NO problems with Native Access, pretty convenient, far better then Service Center...

3ee wrote:Native Access, wtf is this rubbish? ... then... it prompts you to install native 'storage' or what was it's name etc, I cancelled...

Do we have a winner or is this the 2nd winner?
rsp
sound sculptist

martinjuenke wrote:
zvenx wrote:I am sure whatever they give this year if any, most likely will require Native Access to authorize........which requires internet....which requires.....

there will be complaints :-)
rsp
Will happen for sure...
By the way: imo Native Access is very comfortable.
yep.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:

rsp
what do you mean?

----
anyway, tried again, doesn't work, Native Access 'update' takes forever and I have to force it to close.

zvenx wrote:

rsp
:lol:

Is Phasis 64-bit only for Windows? Can't see a 32-bit version after install and even reinstall.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

martinjuenke wrote:

I have NO problems with Native Access, pretty convenient, far better then Service Center...
Same here.
Aloysius wrote:Is Phasis 64-bit only for Windows? Can't see a 32-bit version after install and even reinstall.
It didn't install a 32-bit version here either. Maybe they decided that it's not worth it. Can't say i blame them.

also got it to work... it turns out that only the auto-updater is broken

zvenx wrote:But unless a free gift is wrecking havoc on your system I just don't' get it. IT's FREE!!! How entitled does one have to be to complain about something offered for free if you are disappointed by it.
Does that give me permission for a mild rant? Tried to install this, blue screens halfway through the process twice. The setup file I extracted from the ISO won't run at all.

So erm, the usual Native Access experience on my end: nothing works, no way to rectify it as a user, borked my system (albeit only a minor inconvenience this time).

At least it didn't seem to nuke my entire Komplete Ultimate installation like it did on its first run. Oh what joy reinstalling everything for no reason was. Even off the HD it's not quick.

chk071 wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Is Phasis 64-bit only for Windows? Can't see a 32-bit version after install and even reinstall.
It didn't install a 32-bit version here either...
Thanks.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

sjm wrote:
zvenx wrote:But unless a free gift is wrecking havoc on your system I just don't' get it. IT's FREE!!! How entitled does one have to be to complain about something offered for free if you are disappointed by it.
Does that give me permission for a mild rant? Tried to install this, blue screens halfway through the process twice. The setup file I extracted from the ISO won't run at all.

So erm, the usual Native Access experience on my end: nothing works, no way to rectify it as a user, borked my system (albeit only a minor inconvenience this time).

At least it didn't seem to nuke my entire Komplete Ultimate installation like it did on its first run. Oh what joy reinstalling everything for no reason was. Even off the HD it's not quick.
Whats your computer and OS specs?

I assume it satisfied this:
Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM

Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher - in case of graphics issues, please install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.

Requires an internet connection in order to install and update your products.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ve-access/
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”