NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Daags wrote:
chk071 wrote:To be fair
what exactly is unfair about my previous post ?
You blamed the Macbook's hardware entirely.

Phasis does some excellent stereo motion, wow! After an extended jam session, I'd have to say it's in my top 5 favorite VST phasers.
Great work, Native Instruments, and thanks for making it an early Xmas gift!

I've contacted NI about the grainy GUI. I'll post here if/when I get a reply.

chk071 wrote:
Daags wrote:
You blamed the Macbook's hardware entirely.
entirely ?

absolute horse shit, owing to lack of comprehension or being wilfully disingenuous
Daags wrote:
Cinebient wrote:It is great but my macbook pro shut down because the fans couldn´t handle it anymore.
Must be the most cpu intense plug-in ever :D
I guess it´s not optimized maybe.
well, frankly, it's the macbook pro that's not optimized in its hardware design .... macbook pro has to be thin and sexy and quiet. this means they made significant sacrifices in hardware design heat management methods .... which leads to throttling and your macbook shutting down (wow).

i suspect in your case it's actually the GPU causing the issue, some graphics bug causing the GPU to work overtime and throw off lots of heat that the macbook pro can't manage in conjunction with the CPU throwing off heat too.

my suspicions are well met, with some people reporting that the plugin is using in the region of 20% of their GPU. my observations on macbook hardware design are also on point, should you be bothered to research the topic.

nothing unfair about the post.

I recommend a chill pill nonetheless.

Russell Grand wrote:Phasis does some excellent stereo motion, wow! After an extended jam session, I'd have to say it's in my top 5 favorite VST phasers.
Top 5 ? I love phasers but I don't think I've even got 5 installed and am about to try this one. I'm currently settled on PhaseMistress with BigRock a distant second and wishing there was a decent MXR Phase-90 vst. So I have to ask: what are your top five?

I installed it, it works, i like the sound, and my pc hasn't caught fire yet. I will test it on my laptop then.
Had to deactivate usage tracking though, because a yelling swat team was trying to break the door, and the sound was distracting me a little from auditionning Phasis.
Other than that its all good.
Last edited by Daru925 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daru925 wrote: Had to deactivate usage tracking though, because a yelling swat team was trying to break the door, and the sound was distracting me a little from auditionning Phasis.
:D

Not bad, not bad...

If they update it with the GPU fix, it'd be a plugin i regularly use, else MPhaser does the job for me.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Daags wrote:
It‘s nonsense. Of course it‘s no desktop but i can run 20 instances of Zebra, even about 8 of polyphonic Repro at HQ.
The fans never kick in normally. Just Avenger and now Phasis. It‘s not the macbook.

Cinebient wrote:
Daags wrote:
It‘s nonsense. Of course it‘s no desktop but i can run 20 instances of Zebra, even about 8 of polyphonic Repro at HQ.
The fans never kick in normally. Just Avenger and now Phasis. It‘s not the macbook.
Surely a graphics bug, but even reaktor runs fine on my system whereas this is grainy and freezes my screen. Im very much into the sound of it since i make Dubstep.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

:roll: Oh, Man. Grandma gave me socks again. Do I really have to write a thank you note. It will just encourage her to give me socks again next year.

:wink:

(But seriously. Thanks NI.) :tu:
바보

Daags wrote: my suspicions are well met, with some people reporting ...
Weasel words. Shite argument accordingly.

I have used Replika and Replika XT on 5 different MBPs. No issues whatsoever. You have not demonstrated anything beyond a supposition that you have and that's supposed to be helped by teh HUGE font size making 'I suspect' stronger and now 'some people report'.

This of course won't diminish your issue, but making it a universal issue is not supported by a logical argument, nor facts. Just sayin'.

bmanic wrote:This plugin sounds absolutely fantastic! Amazing gift as always from NI! :D
I agree.
I put on a cycled loop and used several sound types while sorting through some of the presets,
and the vast majority of them sounded excellent. Easy to tweak to fit the material too.
Very pleased with it.

Paree wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Daags wrote:
Surely a graphics bug, but even reaktor runs fine on my system whereas this is grainy and freezes my screen. Im very much into the sound of it since i make Dubstep.
This

You can easily see this on windows since now they give you a gpu usage meter in the taskmgr. I can see replika uses ~5% of my gpu while phasis pushes it to 20% usage while you're tweaking knobs.

This is also on a gtx 1080, so 20% gpu use for a plugin is just ridiculous, that kind of usage on an intel iGPU, along with having less performance overall for opengl (since Im pretty sure thats what NI uses for their new fancy UI'd plugins), could easily cause a ton of issues, especially in a laptop which is much more restricted in cooling than a desktop is

Not working well with the Live 10 Beta, but, I'm assuming that this is related to DPI scaling on Windows as it works fine in 9.5. Well, fine means pixelated and grainy, but it sounds good.

Return to “Effects”