NI Phasis

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd say it's probably entered my Top 38 list of phasers.

GaryG wrote:
sfxsound3 wrote:4. The plugin itself is top-notch, both feature-wise and sound-wise.
I must admit my excitement level was 'meh' when I saw the offering was a phaser but, wow, it sounds really good as is very versatile. Maybe I'm still thinking of old cheap guitar pedal phasers that just about whooshed if you were lucky. But this is so much more, lovely subtle stereo widening stuff etc.
My feelings, exactly :tu:

Thanks, NI :hug:

Really lovely plugin. Already used on Violins ensemble. Can give long sustains even more life without sounding like typical phaser effect. Stereo image possibilities are also cool and I can't wait to use it on some synths :)

I also like this plugin. It's nice and it will be used :tu:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

sfxsound3 wrote:BigRock?

Of course I'm going to sue, just called my legal department and they are assembling a working group as I write! The world needs both a 32-bit version and an XT version ASAP! Native Instruments is playing with us?! I'll show 'em, you just wait!!!
Yes, the Bigrock by AAR. Sounds a lot smoother and more pleasing. The NI Phasis is not bad but it has not this sound I like.
Because it's free, maybe it's based on a side project from some Reaktor guys and they plan to release later an XT version :P

sfxsound3 wrote:WTF, why? The installer gives an install path, then does not install it, BECAUSE it does not exist???????

I thought it's because of OS version...
Want really annoys me is that the Native Access installer forces you to install the 32bit version, which I don't want or need. If you delete them Native Access then shows the install has a problem and won't update the install unless you reinstall it all FFS!!

They're the only plugins I can think of that doesn't let you deselect 32bit during installation, really lazy of NI
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Doesn't require Reaktor or Guitar Rig.
Does something i don't already have 20 plugins for.
Annoys 32-bit users.

Seems like a winner, so far. :D

edit: added a smilie to clarify intent of post
Last edited by mutantdog on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supaphaser ftw

TBH, one small thing i'd criticize about Phasis (and it's something i can criticize with a lot of other phasers too): The resonant peaks could be more attenuated. I really like the phaser in Spire for that, it goes up really high, and can do extreme stuff. But, only a small point, all in all, i really like the sound, and the operation.

mutantdog wrote:Doesn't require Reaktor or Guitar Rig.
Annoys 32-bit users.

Seems like a winner, so far.
:lol:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Want really annoys me is that the Native Access installer forces you to install the 32bit version, which I don't want or need. If you delete them Native Access then shows the install has a problem and won't update the install unless you reinstall it all FFS!!

They're the only plugins I can think of that doesn't let you deselect 32bit during installation, really lazy of NI
+1

I found this out the hard way... and had to re-install all of the 32-bit stuff a few weeks ago...

Annoys 32-bit users.

Yeah, i'd demand my 100 € back if i were you. :P

[rebel] Didn't switch off data collection but started to rename presets in order to send 'em secret messages. Oh boy, that's so clever and subcutaneous, isn't it? [/rebel]

VariKusBrainZ wrote: They're the only plugins I can think of that doesn't let you deselect 32bit during installation, really lazy of NI
Not at all. Synapse Audio does the same, as do fxpansion, Cakewalk, Wave Arts and XLN Audio, to only name the ones i know. You're right though, it's not great. I have a VST (x86) folder for that purpose, where i point the installers, so, apart from having a couple of unused DLL's lying around, it's not a real issue.

chk071 wrote:
Annoys 32-bit users.

Yeah, i'd demand my 100 € back if i were you. :P
Well, if you'll take €22, then... well, NI have thrown that in, too.

Return to “Effects”