Is Bazille suited for Synthwave and any other good Synths or Synthwave?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

surreal wrote:But I would love to replicate that bass arp though... any ideas? Anyone?
Which track? There are so many videos in this thread. LOL

Can't believe I've not heard of the PG-8X before. Cheers for that.
Last edited by Vortifex on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:
surreal wrote:But I would love to replicate that bass arp though... any ideas? Anyone?
Which track? There are so many videos in this thread. LOL
The videos that I specifically posted... 8)

I stand by my statement that you could use almost ANY subtractive synth to make this kind of music. Not to mention that we’re now talking about multiple genres across multiple decades, and you’re likely to have FM synths, samplers, and ROMplers in there as well. My advice is, instead of worrying about getting the “best” synth, just use ANY synth and make some music!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

surreal wrote:Was the video inappropriate? I am sorry if I offended you. Was not my intention...
You don't want your boss walking in to catch you looking at fanny packs.

deastman wrote:I stand by my statement that you could use almost ANY subtractive synth to make this kind of music.
It doesn't even have to be subtractive synth. You can use additive, FM, wavetable based synth or whatever you want synth because synthwave is basically based on "bread and butter" sounds that every synth can do.
Anyone with half decent sound design and production techniques knowledge would be fine even with Charlatan or to be able to pick whatever synth he personally likes and to create synthwave.
I personally met several established synthwave artists and what they use boils down to their personal preference and literally nothing else. You have someone using Sylenth, someone else Dune or Predator, NI Massive, Serum, Harmor, Gladiator, FM8, Sytrus, Korg Legacy Collection, etc. There's no one or two or even 5 synths to pick and say:"Use these".
Emulations and synths like Diva may seem as an obvious choice, but it's a choice, not necessity.
Whoever is interested in synthwave and has X synth can google "X synth synthwave" and find some or several synthwave soundbanks for it and to realize that it's not about specific synths, it's about sound design and production techniques. There's no point of rushing to buy Y synth just because someone recommended it on forums because the fact is that there are no specific synths for synthwave.

Cloner wrote:
deastman wrote:I stand by my statement that you could use almost ANY subtractive synth to make this kind of music.
It doesn't even have to be subtractive synth. You can use additive, FM, wavetable based synth or whatever you want synth because synthwave is basically based on "bread and butter" sounds that every synth can do.
Anyone with half decent sound design and production techniques knowledge would be fine even with Charlatan or to be able to pick whatever synth he personally likes and to create synthwave.
I personally met several established synthwave artists and what they use boils down to their personal preference and literally nothing else. You have someone using Sylenth, someone else Dune or Predator, NI Massive, Serum, Harmor, Gladiator, FM8, Sytrus, Korg Legacy Collection, etc. There's no one or two or even 5 synths to pick and say:"Use these".
Emulations and synths like Diva may seem as an obvious choice, but it's a choice, not necessity.
Whoever is interested in synthwave and has X synth can google "X synth synthwave" and find some or several synthwave soundbanks for it and to realize that it's not about specific synths, it's about sound design and production techniques. There's no point of rushing to buy Y synth just because someone recommended it on forums because the fact is that there are no specific synths for synthwave.

Spot on! :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Right, and this topic seems to blur the line between 70’s John Carpenter, early 80’s Human League, late 80’s Depeche Mode, and 2000’s Ladytron, just to name a few landmarks along the way.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thank you all for your replies!! Greatly appreciated! !!
8)

The answers are great, informative and all encompassing... so now I can lock the thread.

Regards
Surreal :tu:

Return to “Instruments”