New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

Bodhisan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Just purchased. Thing is out of a sci fi movie.
I love your excitement and appreciation of “innovation” (which is in the eyes of the beholder, as witnessed here) - and your cash flow. . If the UI is big enough, you’re a true synth lover, Wags. Can I be in your will?
The GUI is more than big enough. At the end of this year, I am going to list my top 10 purchases for the year. I can almost guarantee you that this one is going to be somewhere in the top 10.

I just finished skimming the manual and afterwards I said "Screw It!" This thing doesn't need a manual. This thing needs the daring to just be different and turn knobs. Do crazy shit. Throw caution to the wind.

I will say this. Sugar Bytes, beyond any doubt, is the most innovative synth maker out there. After getting Cyclop, Factory and now this, nobody else comes close to this kind of outside the box creativity. It may not be everybody's cup of tea but nobody can say their synths are ordinary.

But this one might have just topped them all.

Was the bundle on sale this Black Friday? I have factory and Cyclop and this is all I need, besides the new plugin. I tempted to get the bundle but I can totally wait for the next sale if Bundle will be discounted.

This thing is an ambient soundscapes maker/lover's dream :love:

And certainly not a 'toy' :uhuhuh: :clown:

Working with it I immediately got the Schulze/TD vibe :hail: :love:

BTW. Does anyone know if the 3D rotation of the orbiter can be automated too? I know you can control the X/Y axis.

wagtunes wrote: I will say this. Sugar Bytes, beyond any doubt, is the most innovative synth maker out there.
I agree.

Early works: Programchild + Gabriel Mulzer

You know where you've met them, precisely: downloaded their free stuff. :tu:

At the end of the year I'll list out my top five purchases. I probably only have five purchases, but you know ;)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Interesting concept, took me a while - like three demo periods - to understand it and get some interesting sounds out of it, probably a must-buy.

Live on video - my first encounter with Aparillo after purchasing it, using a custom patch as starting point for a ten minute long excursion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvoacrG38E

I tried the demo... It is fun to figure out fresh new GUI's and synth tools!

Sound-wise it seems only okay... Most of the included sounds that I listened to, I did not particularly like... I managed to come up with a few I did (in the rather short demo time before having to start over again)... the fundamental sound quality is not there for me... it does not seem particularly diverse... plus I have more than enough synths to do endless washy, evolving sounds and generative stuff and do it better...

My guess is that the novelty will wear off fast. This one is a pass for me.

Does anyone know by how much roughly buying each single Sugar Bytes plugin reduces the Sugar Bundle cost?
For instance, if you buy Effectrix, how much lower from $499 will the bundle get?

Do buying used Sugar Bytes plugins lower the Sugar Bundle cost too?

I find Aparillo very useful in conjunction with other tools, e.g. pitch-quantizing the chaos it can produce with something like PitchMapper makes for some amazing organic tonal cloud textures.

jackson881 wrote:Does anyone know by how much roughly buying each single Sugar Bytes plugin reduces the Sugar Bundle cost?
For instance, if you buy Effectrix, how much lower from $499 will the bundle get?

Do buying used Sugar Bytes plugins lower the Sugar Bundle cost too?
I am guessing it is approx $50 per plugin. I have Egoist, Obscurium and Factory (don't care for Egoist much) and it offers me $349.

Aparillo is the only synth (beside Wavemapper) which might come close to a kind of Alchemy´s morphing pads. And indeed while the sound quality doesn´t is superb for me compared to other synths i love the concept and the rhythmic stuff and soundscapes you can get out of it.
But Alchemy is still king for me when it comes to wonderful morphing sounds but Aparillo is more easy and faster to program.
It could still the first Sugar Bytes synth buy for me. I like some of their other tools but Aparillo is the first one i really love. I have to demo it for a while to see if it just is a first wow effect or if that feeling is more a new shiny placebo thing.

lnikj wrote: I am guessing it is approx $50 per plugin. I have Egoist, Obscurium and Factory (don't care for Egoist much) and it offers me $349.
Thanks, lnikj!

Somebody needs to take this thing away from me or I'll never see the outdoors again.

Return to “Instruments”