Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

wagtunes wrote:Well, Easel didn't install. What do I do?

And the DX7 didn't install either.
Did you have the demos installed already? Then there is no need to install again and Software Center will show them as installed if you authorized V-Collection at your current computer. You just need the authorization for V-Collection 6 at your current computer to convert the demo into a full version.

Did you use Software Center or seperate installers? As alraedy mentioned recently i only used Software Center to install updates and new plugins.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

beely wrote:
wagtunes wrote:2. We've gone from 17 instruments to 21. However, when installing, it downloaded and installed all 21 and not just the new instruments. I'm sure they couldn't have updated everything.
Yes, all the instruments have had updates, albeit minor ones. The V6 versions are different to the V5 versions. You don't *have* to install them, presumably... All the instruments are available as individual downloads from Arturia, so if you just want to dl and install the latest four, you can just do that...
Thanks. Anyway, I did figure out why those 3 didn't install. I did a drive search and the install files were still on my downloads folder. So I guess those error messages I got meant that those 3 couldn't install for whatever reason. So I just installed them manually and all is good.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Collection 5 owners still get the same updates as version 6 owners, just not the new added instruments and Piano V2, remember.
That's indeed correct.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

wagtunes wrote: In fact, unless something comes out on sale that is going to end before January 1, I'm going on a 15 day "no spend" revolt. So don't anybody tempt me with new stuff. I don't want to hear it. Just leave me alone until January 1.
What sacrifice! :hihi:
wagtunes wrote:
Anyway, I have way too many new toys to play with.
You think? :hihi:

It must be nice to have that much to spend on your music. Do you make enough back in sales of sound sets to pay for it all?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Well done Wagtunes. By making that list public, you’ve taken that important first step.

Stay strong, we’re all with you.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Well done Wagtunes. By making that list public, you’ve taken that important first step.

Stay strong, we’re all with you.
lol

Apologies if this has been asked & answered already, but the manual for the Easel states that you can route external audio in "through the pre amp". The hardware, of course, permits this, enabling ring mod effects etc.

I understand the switch settings required.

However, unless you get an fx version when you purchase it, I fail to understand how this is possible?

lnikj wrote:However, unless you get an fx version when you purchase it, I fail to understand how this is possible?
Sidechain input?

braj wrote:
wagtunes wrote: In fact, unless something comes out on sale that is going to end before January 1, I'm going on a 15 day "no spend" revolt. So don't anybody tempt me with new stuff. I don't want to hear it. Just leave me alone until January 1.
What sacrifice! :hihi:
wagtunes wrote:
Anyway, I have way too many new toys to play with.
You think? :hihi:

It must be nice to have that much to spend on your music. Do you make enough back in sales of sound sets to pay for it all?
Honestly, it's about a wash. In other words, my sound sets pay for my hobby but that's about it. Which is fine since I basically do this just to have something to do. My wife and I are both retired so the bills are paid with her pension, tax shelter, etc. If I didn't do this stuff I'd go crazy. Plus, I've always loved programming synths so it's not like it's really work for me.

But no, I'm certainly not getting rich off of it.

beely wrote:
lnikj wrote:However, unless you get an fx version when you purchase it, I fail to understand how this is possible?
Sidechain input?
Doesn't have one as far as I can see.

lnikj wrote:
beely wrote:
Sidechain input?
It does in Logic. Maybe your host/plugin format doesn't support it..?

(I haven't tried making it work though, the Buchla doesn't really appeal to me...)

wagtunes wrote: Anyway, I have way too many new toys to play with.
That's a huge list, but I guess having to many toys applies to a lot of us.

In an interview I recently saw with Jean Michel Jarre he gave the following advice:
Don't fall in the trap of preset hoarding.
Pick one instrument and learn the ins and outs of it during 6 months. Doesn't matter which instrument as long as it is a personal choice/sound you're going for.

Too late for that, but the philosophy behind it is pretty sound advice.

I for one, will take a step back and concentrate on a few key elements/synths and take it from there.

beely wrote:
lnikj wrote:
beely wrote:
Sidechain input?
It does in Logic. Maybe your host/plugin format doesn't support it..?

(I haven't tried making it work though, the Buchla doesn't really appeal to me...)
Not sure it does work. Certainly not in Ableton. Anybody?

Stefken wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Anyway, I have way too many new toys to play with.
That's a huge list, but I guess having to many toys applies to a lot of us.

In an interview I recently saw with Jean Michel Jarre he gave the following advice:
Don't fall in the trap of preset hoarding.
Pick one instrument and learn the ins and outs of it during 6 months. Doesn't matter which instrument as long as it is a personal choice/sound you're going for.

Too late for that, but the philosophy behind it is pretty sound advice.

I for one, will take a step back and concentrate on a few key elements/synths and take it from there.
Agree. Part of my goal for my vacation time over the holidays (and moving forward into the new year) is to really spend some time with all of the new synths I've bought. When I was doing this stuff as a kid I was lucky that I had 2 synths and a computer. If you told me that one day I'd have all of these classic emulations plus all of the other soft instruments I've collected over the last two years (not to mention beautiful sampled pianos from NI) I would have said you were nuts. But here they are and I need to step back, not buy anything else, and start working with what I've got ;) Part of it though is being such a geek for this stuff. Always have been, always will be I suspect but these days when we have good emulations of the classic stuff (which I always lusted after but didnt have the money for...and now still dont have the money for nor the space), in addition to new stuff, it's hard not to get carried away ;)

Return to “Instruments”