Anyone else having issues with Softube licenses?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a Scarlett Focusrite, which includes a license for Softube's so-called Time and Tone bundle. I activated it and downloaded Softube's executable, which I stopped because I got a warning from Windows about a driver from Gobbler (never had heard of them). To make a long story short, I went the iLok route and installed their license manager in my PC, but never found Softube's licenses deposited in them. I contacted Softube's technical support and they were slow to respond and minimally helpful. They were asking me for the serial number I used to activate the license and screenshots of my Softube account!! Geez, you would think they had access to that info. Anyways, I haven't heard from them in two days and meanwhile my Time and Tone bundle license disappeared from my account!! :x
I've contacted them three times ever since, but I'm just talking to my screen. I activated a demo which successfully was deposited in my iLok account, which means that the accounts are actually linked. I tried to reuse the original serial number to reactivate my bundle to no avail.
Either Softube's technical support sucks or I am being treated as a 2nd-rate (un)customer because I haven't actually bought anything from them. :?
Any similar experiences out there or suggestions?

Gobbler is used by several companies to manage, install and update plugins. I have it installed for Slate and Softube and haven't had any issues with it, but like everything software, it's fine for a lot of people and is crap for others. YMMV, but if I was in your situation, I'd try installing it (you'll login with your Softube account info to link it) and see if you can go from there. You'll still need iLok installed no matter what.

I've only had to work with Softube support once on a license I bought 2nd hand that wasn't showing up in my account. It did take a couple days of back/forth replies, but in my case it was ultimately the seller's problem and not theirs, but they did help me figure it out. Hopefully they can get you sorted out as well, but it might also be worth opening a ticket with Focusrite if you're not getting anywhere. Worth letting them know one of their vendors/partners isn't being helpful and you're not getting what was included with your purchase.

Yeah, if I don't hear from Softube by Monday I'll open a ticket with Focusrite. I just thought that we're in the middle of the holidays, so that may account for Softube's lack of responsiveness: lots of sales and maybe less people available for support. I don't know, I'm feeling generous today!

Softube's tech support came through and resolved the issue. The licenses had been deposited into an iLok account that I didn't create but had my email address as user name (either it was created automatically, or I'm getting old).

monomox wrote:Softube's tech support came through and resolved the issue. The licenses had been deposited into an iLok account that I didn't create but had my email address as user name (either it was created automatically, or I'm getting old).
It was most likely created automatically as part of the annoying gobbler/ilok/softube account linking clusterf*ck. I have a freebie from them that came from some hardware. The thing to do is to create the gobbler account, link your ilok account, let gobbler deposit the licenses to your ilok account, then unlink the gobbler and ilok accounts.

If you use gobbler to install you can freely uninstall all gobler software once everything is installed.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Softube support is top notch.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Hello

I too purchased a Focusrite interface. My licenses appear in my iLok account but they do not show up in the softube installer app. I cannot get a second reply form Softube support.
Anyone know how to manually download and install them ?

Sincerely
Peggy J Brown

poggly wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:20 pm Hello

I too purchased a Focusrite interface. My licenses appear in my iLok account but they do not show up in the softube installer app. I cannot get a second reply form Softube support.
Anyone know how to manually download and install them ?

Sincerely
Peggy J Brown
https://www.softube.com/installer-mac
https://www.softube.com/installer-windows

You probably need to add your iLok ID in your Softube account. Once that's done everything normally keeps in sync.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”