NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

felis wrote:A developer has to do something to push their stuff through the noise.
I have no objection to a freebie in the form of an x-mas gift, and it seems
to be an effective method of getting yourself heard.
Obviously... :clap:

egbert101 wrote:
Cinebient wrote: The true is if that would be like the upgrade from Replika to Replika XT i would buy in a heartbeat. Replika XT is still my favorite delay and in the last years there was mostly a bigger version of the gifts.
So it's really clever marketing by NI, not so much gifts, but demo versions, and a bit of free beta testing and enough incentive to push people to buy. All worth it for the cause, if you're on the NI bandwagon.
Yep, it's less "gifty" than others, e.g. Soundtoys Little Plate, but I don't view these promotions as gifts in the first place. I would have been just as happy to get "free phaser for anyone willing to beta test."
Nothing personal against NI, I love Absynth, but I see through the consumerism nonsense.
I certainly don't think that it's unique to NI though. Gifts are promotions, some are better than others from the point of view of the consumer.

Sorry but i do not really get most of the hate and most of the discussions here.

Phasis is free, it works nicely here (including the installation with Native Access) and it also sounds quite good.
Concerning user data tracking i deactivated that in the plugin.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Concerning user data tracking i deactivated that in the plugin.
There is also a tracking option inside Native Access which can be disabled.
It's easy if you know how

Ingonator wrote:Sorry but i do not really get most of the hate and most of the discussions here.

Phasis is free, it works nicely here (including teh installation with Native Accesss) and it also sounds quite good.
+1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I think that criticism of the graphics issues is completely fair. They rushed this product out, probably to get it out as a Christmas gift. However the complaints about Native Access and dependencies are a bit over the top. I do think that they can improve Native Access, particularly in terms of giving you more control over the install process, e.g., saving the .iso file. But complaining about speed and that it installs dependencies? I doubt that Native Access is going away and frankly, I doubt that they care one bit about this thread or even KVR.

well I think people calling NI a bunch of "money grabbing c**ts" is a sort of indication that it goes beyond criticism?

Re the comment about consumerism - isn't that actually what all of this is about? When did we think that companies coding music software for profit wasn't consumerism? In fact KVR seems to be built on consumerism as many members clamour to buy the latest thing. Not saying that's a bad thing but that is what strikes me about this place.

I worry that the next NI product will be "Koronary" for many. Life is short, don't make it any shorter.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ghettosynth wrote:I think that criticism of the graphics issues is completely fair. They rushed this product out, probably to get it out as a Christmas gift. However the complaints about Native Access and dependencies are a bit over the top. I do think that they can improve Native Access, particularly in terms of giving you more control over the install process, e.g., saving the .iso file. But complaining about speed and that it installs dependencies? I doubt that Native Access is going away and frankly, I doubt that they care one bit about this thread or even KVR.
Sorry but i did not notice issues yet. Maybe because i am using Windows 10 64-bit on a desktop and not OSX on a Macbook Pro?

FWIW the GUI looks good and clear here, scaling up to 200% works nicely and i did not notice my graphics card going nuts so far.

As already mentioned i could also not confirm problems with Cubase yet but i got the latest version Cubase Pro 9.5.10 here.

As the reported problems seem to be specific to certain systems it is unfair to generally say that the plugin is "crappy" if it works nicely for many others including myself.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

For the last few years NI have given away a nice freebie at xmas.

The last 2 times those plugins have been upgradeable, initially at €44, then later at €22 in sales. The last time we got what was, for some, the best delay plugin ever. One of my top 3 certainly. I recall some graphics teething problems that time too for windows users.

OK, this time round, a phaser might not be the most exciting thing on the planet.

Nevertheless, if I was NI, reading this thread, I would be thinking 'f*ck you lot, no more free toys for you.'

Well, I for one, would like to continue picking up good quality NI plugins in the future for €22.

It´s not that people are forced to download or use it. But just complaining seems more fun for many people. Some people are never happy anyway and might indeed think about these things after their first heart attack.
It´s like with the weather....it´s too hot, it´s too cold, it´s too wet, it´s too.....f
:D
I wonder why people don´t just ignore things they might not like or are not happy how they are made or from which company etc.
Is that the average KVR masochism?
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zvenx wrote:Let the count down to the complaining begin.
rsp
lol

Bickering over free, great plugins...how spoiled are some people.

ChamomileShark wrote:well I think people calling NI a bunch of "money grabbing c**ts" is a sort of indication that it goes beyond criticism?
Right !?!
Re the comment about consumerism - isn't that actually what all of this is about? When did we think that companies coding music software for profit wasn't consumerism? In fact KVR seems to be built on consumerism as many members clamour to buy the latest thing. Not saying that's a bad thing but that is what strikes me about this place.
+1

egbert101 wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Sorry but i do not really get most of the hate and most of the discussions here.

Phasis is free, it works nicely here (including teh installation with Native Accesss) and it also sounds quite good.
Concerning user data tracking i deactivated that in the plugin.
You don't understand the difference (or are just being willfully ignorant) between criticism and hate. I notice preset designers on this board are rather untrustworthy in their judgement, especially when they are promoting their various presets whenever a new product launches. Just saying.
WTF is this reply about?

I just mentioned my own experiences with Phasis and like me many others do not seem to have issues with the plugin which is also free BTW.

I will not even give a detailed comment on the part about "preset designers" in your post. How is this even related to a discussion about a free plugin...
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Cinebient wrote:It´s not that people are forced to download or use it. But just complaining seems more fun for many people. Some people are never happy anyway and might indeed think about these things after their first heart attack.
It´s like with the weather....it´s too hot, it´s too cold, it´s too wet, it´s too.....f
:D
I wonder why people don´t just ignore things they might not like or are not happy how they are made or from which company etc.
Is that the average KVR masochism?
IMO these haters are mostly unhappy people with presumably serious personal problems looking for a way to express their frustration and aggression.

Return to “Effects”