do you need to discover kate bush still? could be important

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GaryG wrote:Poor ol' Lena...
Indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlRBpchKeI

Googly Smythe wrote:I sometimes think that she doesn't get enough credit for her lyrics...
"Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van" - who writes such evocative lyrics today?
And what other mainstream artiste tackles issues such as the plight of the aborigines in Oz?
Yeah, her lyrics are just as amazing as her music. Sometimes strikingly direct, sometimes playful, never preachy or obvious. I'm still chewing on "Get out of my house" - an amazing song about trust, privacy, about learning to respect and protect your personal boundaries. Or "This Woman's Work", which is soooooo sad and heartbreaking. Ach, there are too many to count.

ariston wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:I sometimes think that she doesn't get enough credit for her lyrics...
"Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van" - who writes such evocative lyrics today?
And what other mainstream artiste tackles issues such as the plight of the aborigines in Oz?
Yeah, her lyrics are just as amazing as her music. Sometimes strikingly direct, sometimes playful, never preachy or obvious. I'm still chewing on "Get out of my house" - an amazing song about trust, privacy, about learning to respect and protect your personal boundaries. Or "This Woman's Work", which is soooooo sad and heartbreaking. Ach, there are too many to count.
Actually, that reminds me- in one of the documentaries I saw, they were commenting on This Woman’s Work. Someone was talking about how it was a beautiful tribute to women and feminine power and the beauty of childbirth, or something like that. They totally missed the whole point that the story was told from a man’s point of view! Critics can be so clueless...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
ariston wrote:
Actually, that reminds me- in one of the documentaries I saw, they were commenting on This Woman’s Work. Someone was talking about how it was a beautiful tribute to women and feminine power and the beauty of childbirth, or something like that. They totally missed the whole point that the story was told from a man’s point of view! Critics can be so clueless...
Hah, yeah... like a lot of people think that Every Breath you Take is a love song... people... just... don't... LISTEN! :x

Hi all, I have been a fan since 1977 and have loved every piece of music she has produced but this is my fav. Cheers Glyn.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7kBnIw2Vw

We all have our guilty pleasures I guess.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:We all have our guilty pleasures I guess.
No such thing as 'guilty' pleasure unless you give a shit what others think. If you don't, then it's just pleasure - nothing to feel guilty about :shrug:

ariston wrote:
deastman wrote:
ariston wrote:
Hah, yeah... like a lot of people think that Every Breath you Take is a love song... people... just... don't... LISTEN! :x
And “Born in the USA” was about the pride of being an American. :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
ariston wrote:
deastman wrote:
ariston wrote:
And “Born in the USA” was about the pride of being an American. :lol:
And Rebecca Black's 'Friday' wasn't about the Kennedy assassination :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
No such thing as 'guilty' pleasure unless you give a shit what others think. If you don't, then it's just pleasure - nothing to feel guilty about :shrug:

masturbating on public transport?

vurt wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:

masturbating on public transport?
I dunno. How does it make you feel?

sticky.

vurt wrote:sticky.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Googly Smythe wrote:
Scotty wrote:When I heard her sing the words "Let's exchange the experience" in "Running Up That Hill", she owned my teenage soul.
I sometimes think that she doesn't get enough credit for her lyrics...
One of the best songs,best albums lyrically. All the word play is amazing
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

When I first heard it, I just had to know who sang with Peter Gabriel on "Don't Give Up". Followed by "The Whole Story". :phones:

I mean "WOW!" I also fell for her in a big, bad way. Ahhhhh...the memories. :love: Now, I need a cold shower.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”