NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I think that criticism of the graphics issues is completely fair. They rushed this product out, probably to get it out as a Christmas gift. However the complaints about Native Access and dependencies are a bit over the top. I do think that they can improve Native Access, particularly in terms of giving you more control over the install process, e.g., saving the .iso file. But complaining about speed and that it installs dependencies? I doubt that Native Access is going away and frankly, I doubt that they care one bit about this thread or even KVR.
Sorry but i did not notice issues yet. Maybe because i am using Windows 10 64-bit on a desktop and not OSX on a Macbook Pro?
Because someone doesn't experience a bug doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. The pixellation and high GPU usage appear to be pervasive enough to call them a bug.
As the reported problems seem to be specific to certain systems it is unfair to generally say that the plugin is "crappy" if it works nicely for many others including myself.
I didn't say the plugin was "crappy", I said that it's fair to criticize the graphics issues. It does feel like a rushed product to me and that's also reasonable to conclude given that it's attached to a calendar event.

BTW: You might consider taking a screenshot (just of the window) at 100% and posting it so that others can compare. On my system the pixellation is much less obvious at 200%, but it is definitely still there.

martinjuenke wrote:
Cinebient wrote:It´s not that people are forced to download or use it. But just complaining seems more fun for many people. Some people are never happy anyway and might indeed think about these things after their first heart attack.
It´s like with the weather....it´s too hot, it´s too cold, it´s too wet, it´s too.....f
:D
I wonder why people don´t just ignore things they might not like or are not happy how they are made or from which company etc.
Is that the average KVR masochism?
IMO these haters are mostly unhappy people with presumably serious personal problems looking for a way to express their frustration and aggression.
Completely agreed.

It's true. Christmas is the time for the children.

c'mmon everyone, if we all pull together and with the help of expert counsellors I'm sure we can all pull through this nightmare and be better people at the end of it.

I'll start the support group.

Group hug, everyone?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote: Re the comment about consumerism - isn't that actually what all of this is about?
Maybe for you. For me, I'm here for my love of electronic software instruments, and electronic music.
Good for you. Not for me either - but KvR gives a strong impression of being a consumerist haven.

I haven't done a count of the threads but on the instrument and effects boards most seem to be either which "plugin should I get to do this?" or discussions about plugin launches. I see less on the actual use of a particular plugin, problem solving etc (I see more of that on some of the other sub boards). But as said, I've done the analysis.

egbert101 wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Sorry but i do not really get most of the hate and most of the discussions here.

Phasis is free, it works nicely here (including teh installation with Native Accesss) and it also sounds quite good.
Concerning user data tracking i deactivated that in the plugin.
You don't understand the difference (or are just being willfully ignorant) between criticism and hate.
^This

ChamomileShark wrote:well I think people calling NI a bunch of "money grabbing c**ts" is a sort of indication that it goes beyond criticism?

Re the comment about consumerism - isn't that actually what all of this is about? When did we think that companies coding music software for profit wasn't consumerism? In fact KVR seems to be built on consumerism as many members clamour to buy the latest thing. Not saying that's a bad thing but that is what strikes me about this place.

I worry that the next NI product will be "Koronary" for many. Life is short, don't make it any shorter.
Indeed. We're all beta testers on a time limited demo...

ghettosynth wrote: BTW: You might consider taking a screenshot (just of the window) at 100% and posting it so that others can compare. On my system the pixellation is much less obvious at 200%, but it is definitely still there.
Here is a sceenshot at 100% using the 64-bit VST2 in Live 9.7.5 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit at my desktop PC:

Here is a screenshot at 200%:

Looks fine to me, at least no issue i would really care about...
FWIW i am mostly using a size of 125%.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

ChamomileShark wrote:problem solving etc
^That's exactly what I'm seeing here that others are ignorantly calling hate and complaints: problem solving.

Some of you see an attempt to solve a problem with a plugin as a complaint? Really? That's just dumb. :scared:

Ingonator wrote:
ghettosynth wrote: BTW: You might consider taking a screenshot (just of the window) at 100% and posting it so that others can compare. On my system the pixellation is much less obvious at 200%, but it is definitely still there.
Here is a sceenshot at 100% using the 64-bit VST2 in Live 9.7.5 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit at my desktop PC:

Wow, that looks nice and clean and smooth, obviously the way it was intended to look. On my system, the plug looks pixelated as hell, and the pixels move around as I turn the knobs. I attempted to post a photo but couldn't get it to show up, but I assure you if Phasis looked like yours does on my system, I would never have "complained" about it. It very well might be an issue with my graphics card as was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't have the issue with any other VST which is why I brought it up in the first place.

egbert101 wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote: Good for you. Not for me either - but KvR gives a strong impression of being a consumerist haven.
I don't know. I used to enjoy it here and still do, but I come from a time where people were happy to say a big "f**k you" to the man. Now, everyone appears to be a happy slave deep in their iphone. So I'll just leave them to it.
well me too, to an extent - not exactly a 70 yo hippy but not that far behind. But I tended to feel at the time that it was just another kind of group think.

That's probably why I don't have any friends.

That's how it looks on my PC too built in I think 2014?

rsp

Russell Grand wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Wow, that looks nice and clean and smooth, obviously the way it was intended to look. On my system, the plug looks pixelated as hell, and the pixels move around as I turn the knobs. I attempted to post a photo but couldn't get it to show up, but I assure you if Phasis looked like yours does on my system, I would never have "complained" about it. It very well might be an issue with my graphics card as was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't have the issue with any other VST which is why I brought it up in the first place.
sound sculptist

Personally, I have no issue with someone reporting a bug or issue. I am pretty confident the pixelation that some are seeing, didn't show on beta testers or NI's system. I am sure NI wants to fix those (within reason, surely if u have a 15 year old system and are expecting it to be solved for your system, you may have unrealistic expectations). So yeah if you are having issues, I imagine giving as much details on your system and Daw so NI can address them. However its a fact that all NI software require NA and internet. If this is a dealbreaker for you, fine, but why bitch about it. Its a free gift, clearly not for you. Move on....
Rsp
sound sculptist

No pixels here either, neither on my desktop, nor on my laptop.

Return to “Effects”