Voxengo Premium Membership (in beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soulone82 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:Is there a unified download for all products included in the membership?
This is not planned at the moment as we offer individual purchases as well. Frankly saying, maintaining a whole package of plugins is not currently possible for us. With this membership, licenses are given "on demand" basis, so you may install a couple of plugins today and another couple of plugins a week later. It's probably a hassle on new computer installs, but should not be much of a problem with everyday use.
Ok. I understand your viewpoint, however I will not purchase the Premium Membership if I need to download, install up to 25 products one-by-one and keep track of what has been done the whole time.

Even if it is a one-time thing, it's still incredibly annoying to do and have to keep track of what you're doing in the process. If you wish to call it a "Premium Membership" then I think it's reasonable to expect a "Premium" experience for the basic scenario of installing the products that you purchased.

edit: If you need to request a license per-plugin that's even worse. :roll:

I had the Premium Membership in my cart, ready to check out, and there's no way I'm purchasing it with the system that you describe.
First world problems...smh

:roll:
ENV1 wrote:Hes giving you 1500 dollars worth of stuff for 260.

(For goodness sake.)
I already own the Voxengo products that I am particularly interested in. I would gladly pay to 'get the rest', just to see if they integrate in to my workflow, however if it's an extra hassle then there's no reason to do so.

Yes it's a 'first world problem', but Aleksey has a whole userbase that he could convert to the new plan: People that own what they want, but wouldn't mind having a bit more.

The way this is setup now, I don't think many of those people would convert. Those that do would likely be unsatisfied with the situation.

It took me a total of less than 10 minutes to request a license, download the plugins, batch open all of the downloaded plugins and then drag them to the right folder within the install dmg. It may sound like there's a lot to do if there's no installer, but that's really not the case.
Sniffing corks hurts my brain

Wow, I'm simply astonished by how smug some people can be. Downloading all your products and installing them yourself is such a hassle? I wonder how they cope with life. I would never trust people who are so lenient and want to do anything with "one click". :( Idiocracy is here, it seems.

I, on the other hand, really mind having to install another stupid "download all" application onto my computer. If every developer had one, that would bring down the stupid MS OS to a crawl. No unnecessary stupid applications, please. We have too much of those already. :evil:

Or maybe you could provide a little app for the dumb and/or lazy, but please leave the option for normal people to download and install separately, as we're used to.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Wow, I'm simply astonished by how smug some people can be. Downloading all your products and installing them yourself is such a hassle? I wonder how they cope with life. I would never trust people who are so lenient and want to do anything with "one click". :( Idiocracy is here, it seems.
Downloading hundreds of individual installers and consequently keeping up with hundreds of individual plugin updates is a nightmare. I don't see how it's smug to want to progress from this (and some companies already have).

The only idiot in this thread so far is yourself I'm afraid to tell you.

Btw.. do you understand the meaning of the words 'smug' and 'lenient'? You've used them both in very odd ways here.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

ENV1 wrote:Hes giving you 1500 dollars worth of stuff for 260.

(For goodness sake.)
You know, this is a sales line, but, it's not really true you know. You are getting $260 worth of software for $260. Now you can justify to yourself what the value is, but, software that can't be sold and goes unused on your machine can't be said to have any value really. Price/plugin is useful to compare across vendors, but personally, I compute some value that plugins have for myself and determine the value to me every time I purchase a bundle.

I'm not being critical of the offer price here, just of the way that people use this rationale to dismiss the viewpoints of others.

do_androids_dream wrote: The only idiot in this thread so far is yourself I'm afraid to tell you.

Btw.. do you understand the meaning of the words 'smug' and 'lenient'? You've used them both in very odd ways here.
Thanks, yeah I'm an idiot. :tu:

I used the wrong word, because I'm not a native English speaker. I was trying to be polite and not use the word "lazy", and somehow thought "lenient" is it as in "too relaxed to be bothered to do something".

It would be wondeful to have a separate installer for every plugin manufacturer there is, because it is so hard to go to their webpage, download plugins, and install them. Damn that's hard to do. It's easier to have a million of different installers and crappy "service centres" that clog your hard disk and the registry making your OS slower.

Thank god we have such smart people like you to save us from unnecessary work and too fast operating systems. :party:

p.s. I used the word "smug" in the right context, though.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote: The only idiot in this thread so far is yourself I'm afraid to tell you.

Thanks, yeah I'm an idiot. :tu:

I used the wrong word, because I'm not a native English speaker. I was trying to be polite and not use the word "lazy", and somehow thought "lenient" is it as in "too relaxed to be bothered to do something".

It would be wondeful to have a separate installer for every plugin manufacturer there is, because it is so hard to go to their webpage, download plugins, and install them. Damn that's hard to do. It's easier to have a million of different installers and crappy "service centres" that clog your hard disk and the registry making your OS slower.

Thank god we have such smart people like you to save us from unnecessary work and too fast operating systems. :party:

p.s. I used the word "smug" in the right context, though.
You're totally missing the point, but I can understand if English is not your native language.

I am not willing to pay money to do extra work (installing plugins 50+ times) for something I may or may not use.

I am willing to pay money for something I may or may not use in order to support the developer.

It's pretty simple. I'm willing to give Voxengo money purely because I trust that the products I don't own are probably pretty useful, but if that requires me to pay and jump through hoops... then no.

It's not laziness or smuggnes or leniency or whatever you want to call it. I am not paying extra money to do extra work for something I don't need.

I've been thinking about it today and concluded that it probably wouldn't be a hassle for Aleksey to provide people with one link to download the whole suite of plugins, though? Be it one installer for all plugins, separate installers, or just DLLs that you put in your VST plugin folder <-- the way I prefer it, like ToneBoosters plugins. Everybody happy. :party:

I must admit it would take quite a bit of time to download them all one by one, because of the sheer amount of the plugins, and I think Aleksey will agree, too. [?] ;) He's been busy last couple of centuries releasing top-notch plugins for us, and the best quality freeware plugins anywhere. I see people asking for quite a few dollars just for a stupid panning or analyser plugin. :roll:

However, I have to say that Voxengo website, IMO, is really nicely designed and a pleasure to browse and read. It could be interesting for someone to download them 1by1, as there's also loads of nice info on his website, too. You can learn something there, as Aleksey is very knowledgeable, and it shows through the quality of his plugins.

Anyway, maybe I'm just too oldskool...? :) Please be merciful with me. With time one just loses the connection to [passing] time. I'm not 45 any more. Good old times. :( [LOL at my expense, I'm 46]

DuX wrote:I've been thinking about it today and concluded that it probably wouldn't be a hassle for Aleksey to provide people with one link to download the whole suite of plugins, though? Be it one installer for all plugins, separate installers, or just DLLs that you put in your VST plugin folder <-- the way I prefer it, like ToneBoosters plugins. Everybody happy. :party:
As I've replied before already, I've added "installation manager" into development plans. It will probably appear later this year, it's not a complex application it just needs some clever file management implemented.

I'm certain if you make an installation manager it won't be as buggy as the FXpansion one. Nobody can beat them at that. ;)

^^^^
NI gave it a shot with Native Access
;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
DuX wrote:I've been thinking about it today and concluded that it probably wouldn't be a hassle for Aleksey to provide people with one link to download the whole suite of plugins, though? Be it one installer for all plugins, separate installers, or just DLLs that you put in your VST plugin folder <-- the way I prefer it, like ToneBoosters plugins. Everybody happy. :party:
As I've replied before already, I've added "installation manager" into development plans. It will probably appear later this year, it's not a complex application it just needs some clever file management implemented.
So I know you said "Later this year", however I am rather interested in this still.

Any progress on the installation manager?

Wow! Going to save up some money then. :love: :hyper: :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Robert Randolph wrote:
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
So I know you said "Later this year", however I am rather interested in this still.

Any progress on the installation manager?
Bump.

I still haven't purchased this because of no installation manager.

I'm getting a lot of mileage from the Premium Membership, quite a deal.

Aleksey - would you consider adding a "tilt" mode to EQ band options?
Also any plans to make more than 5 bands available for modulation in Prime EQ?

Return to “Effects”