u-he Repro (Repro-1 & Repro-5) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

wagtunes wrote:
ATS wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I must have a very odd PC. With multicore on, my patches glitch and sputter and sound horrible. With multicore off, everything is smooth sailing. I know it should be the other way around but it's not and I am totally at a loss as to how this is happening. Also, forget about using HQ.
wagtunes what I7 do you have? 2600, 8700, what?
Here are the specs.

i7-3770k 3.50 ghz

That processor is only like 5 years old, should still be really good.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
ATS wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I must have a very odd PC. With multicore on, my patches glitch and sputter and sound horrible. With multicore off, everything is smooth sailing. I know it should be the other way around but it's not and I am totally at a loss as to how this is happening. Also, forget about using HQ.
Here are the specs.

i7-3770k 3.50 ghz

That processor is only like 5 years old, should still be really good.
It should be better than mine.

wagtunes wrote:
ATS wrote:
Here are the specs.

i7-3770k 3.50 ghz
I have the same specs and I get great performance. What host? Reaper works really great with these plugins on the same processor.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Really impressed with this one :). Sounds great, very easy workflow, and no longer limited to just monophonic sounds (repro1). U-he's synths are definitely among the best out there.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Like mentioed in the past i was much more interested in a proper Prophet 5 emulation than a Pro One (even if i bought Repro-1 during the first public beta..) and now here it is... :party:

During the last 10 or 11 years i was a few times very close buying a real Prophet 5 Rev3 but at the end could not really justify spending such big amount of money for it. During all that time i had owned and used the Prophet 5 in Arturia Prophet V3 but U-He Repro-5 is indeed much better sound wise.
This really nails the sound of analog polysynths and especially that iconic Prophet 5 sound.

Repro-5 (and the real Prophet 5 too) is a true instrumentt and a joy to play and do your own patches with.

When the huge factory presets collection was released i somehow feared that it would not make much sense to continue doing my own patches but after comparing my own ones to those in the factory library they are different enough to continue doing my own ones.
In some cases this is faster than searching through the whole factory library for a comparable patch...

The advanced features and the different Osc/filter/envelope modes avaiable at the Tweaks page make Repro-5 even more versatile and you coud make it sound close to a polyhonic Pro One.

Of course for monophonic sounds Repro-1 is a great choice too while somwhoe for monophonic sounds i still prefer The Legend.

FWIW the only synth i owned so far from Dave Smith Instruments was a DSI Evolver desktop which was monophonic... :wink:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I've tried Repro-5 and was really impressed (not so much with Repro-1, it sounds good but it just doesn't fit in the music I do). I will definitely get Diva in the near future for soft, smooth, lush, warm pads and leads.
So, the question is: does Repro-5 can produce really unique sounds of this particular type that I won't be able to create in Diva? I think that Diva plus some external processing and effects (e.g. mangling with Uhbik/Reaktor) can be much more productive for me.

AdamWysokinski wrote:I've tried Repro-5 and was really impressed (not so much with Repro-1, it sounds good but it just doesn't fit in the music I do). I will definitely get Diva in the near future for soft, smooth, lush, warm pads and leads.
So, the question is: does Repro-5 can produce really unique sounds of this particular type that I won't be able to create in Diva? I think that Diva plus some external processing and effects (e.g. mangling with Uhbik/Reaktor) can be much more productive for me.
Closest to a Prophet 5 in Diva might be using the Jupiter 8 and Jupiter 6 modules but the overall sound could be quite different. THe advanced faetures in Repro-5 might makes the difference even bigger.

Opoosing to Repro-5 that properly replicates a Prophet 5 Rev3 Diva was never meant to be a full emulation of one of the included synths while most of the modules are indeed based on the real synths.
The real fun in Diva starts when you mix modules of different synths which is not possible in hardware in a similar way.

Overall i prefer using both Repro-5 and Diva but if i had to choose a single one i might get Diva.
Anyway i start to like and use Repro-5 more and more so this preference might change soon.
Not to forget that with Repro-5 you also get Repro-1 which properly replicates a Pro One (with some advanced features added) and which is not jusst a monohonic Repro-5.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Repro is on sale through December, so if you are buying right now, Repro would be the best deal, you could also buy something else to compliment it, like Tal U no Lx or the Tal Bassline 101. I want to buy Diva too, but you won't get Repro for this price again.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Roland emulations: TAL-U-NO-LX, LuSH-101, Strobe 2, Jupiter-8V.
Not to forget the many emulations directly from Roland even if many people here at KVR do hate the Roland Cloud subscription model...
Besides some sample based stuff they currently offer modeled emulations of Jupiter-8, D-50, Juno-106, SH-101, SH-2, System 100 and Promars. Not to forget the plugin versions of Sound Canvas, System-1 and System-8.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

:love: Remeber, group coupon code at JRRShop and Repro is $84. I think that is a crazy bargain.

When we will ses the convertor for repro-5?

Amram wrote:When we will ses the convertor for repro-5?
soon (if we have to decide between Zebra 2.8 beta or SysEx converter before x-mas, Zebra 2.8 will win though)

Cinebient wrote:HQ can make a huge different. I hear that especially for my drums/kicks.
I even looked at the manual for this. Here is the official word:
The global High Quality option should only be necessary for extreme FM sounds
or extreme pitches. Circuit-level modeling requires plenty of CPU anyway, and there’s no point
in doubling that requirement for little or no difference in the sound. Consider carefully!
No FM in the Repros, so that just leaves the extreme pitches - I'm guessing that might apply to high resonance pitches, so that might explain why some kick drum sounds (with that laser zap) are affected.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”