Making Grain Clouds with MGranularMB

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a lot of trouble figuring this out at first, so I thought I'd make a vid explaining how I use MGranularMB to make granular pas sounds. I hope this helps people out there that are wondering how to work things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJAQHdIB4Xk

Nice use of the Transient/Tonal crossover.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Again: I really like your tutorials - audio example at the start, more ideas in the middle and a friendly voice. Thanks for sharing your ideas! :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

jmg8 wrote:Nice use of the Transient/Tonal crossover.
Thanks. The new crossovers can do some really amazing stuff.
Tagirijus wrote:Again: I really like your tutorials - audio example at the start, more ideas in the middle and a friendly voice. Thanks for sharing your ideas! :)
Thank you. I try to put audio examples at the beginning, so people know what they’re getting before they invest time into watching. I’m glad people are enjoying these.

Ah, the transient/tonal crossover makes so much sense here. :) Not sure why you're not adding a hint of random to the grain size, but all in all I picked up a few tricks here. Well done! :clap:

nice explanations, thanks!

:clap:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm knee deep in this plugin right now and this is the first time in a long time I've needed tutorials TBH. This was very helpful, you seem to know your way around all these nested parameters pretty well.

I'm trying to one shot small individual grains, instead of having them loop. I just want the grain to play and I would make four grains that I can line up in different points in space and different pitches and such. I'm using Mgranular as an external affect on my instrument that I'm playing live. Any way to get a grain to one shot that you can think of? I might need to record a wave to work from maybe. Probably has something to do with copy delay mixed with other parameters. I'm going to go have a go at it now, but If anyone has any information or ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

This plug is radical!

I'm afraid you cannot really place the grains yourself, the plugin does that automatically and uses lots of random factors, so it is rather unlikely you'd be able to set it all manually I'm afraid.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks for the reply melda. I’ve been looking for a good grain filter and this one is working out for me. It sounds great! I like that I can use the transform on the window of the grains. Fantastic!

Thank you! :love:
Vojtech

I just bought MGranularMB, and it is really cool to throw on a drum track--so many presets, settings, options to tweak--from subtle enhancement to "Glitchmachine" style effect. Maybe it's just a honeymoon period, but I've fallen for this one.

Note: I post here, as I didn't see a better thread for it. Props to Chandler for his kick-ass tutorials.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “MeldaProduction”