2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

On the product's page it says Win8 and 10. Win7 is not supported?

keel wrote:I remember trying old Breeze, which used CPU like 6-10%. While I really liked the sound, that is just too much cpu for one reverb. So, how much less Breeze 2.0 will use CPU? 50%?
All of our reverbs have variable CPU usage that depends on the preset. They use only what they have to. So this makes it slightly hard to give precise answers to this other than to say "it depends". Of course that sounds like a political answer, so let me give a more exact example.

The primary way I have been measuring CPU during testing is to time how long it takes to render a 5min file. (simply bc it is a fast an efficient way to compare results)

Breeze 1 is around 19 seconds for the default preset on my machine.
Breeze 2 is around 6 seconds for a similar preset.

This is more than 3 times as fast. (This was also significantly faster than 98% of the competition I checked against.)

There are cases where it is more, than this. Some useful presets are 4 and 5 times as fast -- not just artificially contrived ones made up to be fast, that are not useful, but actual useful preset. And there are cases where it might be slightly less. But it is always very significantly faster on average. So we play it safe and say "Twice as fast" as our general statement, but in truth it should be more than that on average.

And my current machine (Mac Pro Trashcan 12-core) is an AVX1 machine/CPU. The speedup is even better on AVX2 machines/CPU. And it should be insanely fast on brand new AVX512 machines like the iMac Pro, we should be one of the first, if not THE first to support AVX512. (eventually all intel CPUs will have this, and I guess AMD too -- but this is bleeding edge stuff just coming into the market now)

Also we were even faster in the summer, but we added some last minute features and rearranged some code in the last min which made us give up some of those gains. One of the things we are going to do in the next 30 days is to look at this again and see if we can't squeeze any more out of it. I'd love to say "at least 3 times as fast, in all cases", but I am not 100% sure if it can be true in every possible case.

Does it really matter if we get another 20% at this point? Not really. On recent CPUs we should be counting in the hundreds of simultaneous instances, and seconds for rendering entire songs. But as noted above we want the code to be ultra optimized bc we will built more complex stuff with this new framework as well.

Of course, the best answer is to try yourself on your own machine. (I guess you need demos for that though... coming soon.)

A no brainer as Perfect Storm owner....if i find out how to log in again. Last time i did it was the Galbanum store. It seems i can´t log-in (or i remember my password not and don´t see a way to change it). Do i have to create a new account in the new store?

Cinebient wrote:A no brainer as Perfect Storm owner....if i find out how to log in again. Last time i did it was the Galbanum store. It seems i can´t log-in (or i remember my password not and don´t see a way to change it). Do i have to create a new account in the new store?

you have to click on the "register" link from the drop down menu. this takes you to another screen where you find login/register again. On this page, there is a forgotten password link. This then sends a two step email verification for security.

it's kinda a bad design I agree. It is very easy to overlook or not find the forgotten password link. I've been wanting to fix this. I'll look into it with my webstore team.

e@rs wrote:On the product's page it says Win8 and 10. Win7 is not supported?

I think it is specifically our Windows installer that does not work with Win 7. I am unsure if the plug itself works on Win7. But ya, I guess that would have to qualify officially as "not supported". :wink:

Andrew Souter wrote:
Cinebient wrote:A no brainer as Perfect Storm owner....if i find out how to log in again. Last time i did it was the Galbanum store. It seems i can´t log-in (or i remember my password not and don´t see a way to change it). Do i have to create a new account in the new store?

you have to click on the "register" link from the drop down menu. this takes you to another screen where you find login/register again. On this page, there is a forgotten password link. This then sends a two step email verification for security.

it's kinda a bad design I agree. It is very easy to overlook or not find the forgotten password link. I've been wanting to fix this. I'll look into it with my webstore team.
Ah, i found it thank´s. Now i have to figure out how to upgrade to PS3...the store is complex as Kaleidoscope....or i´m just too dumb (i think this is the case, sorry).

Andrew Souter wrote:
e@rs wrote:On the product's page it says Win8 and 10. Win7 is not supported?

I think it is specifically our Windows installer that does not work with Win 7. I am unsure if the plug itself works on Win7. But ya, I guess that would have to qualify officially as "not supported". :wink:
:cry:

Maybe i got it now. So if i own already PS2.5 i can order just Breeze 2.0 now and i will have the PS3 already in January?

Well this was a bit confusing and time wasting. I was pretty curious to try it out and downloaded the demo for Breeze 2 from the Breeze 2 website page and installed that and found it was Breeze version 1.2.1...
You also mention a pre-release beta in your email which can be found nowhere. Next time please make it clear when the beta or trial is ready.

Anyway congrats on your new Breeze 2...

Cinebient wrote:Maybe i got it now. So if i own already PS2.5 i can order just Breeze 2.0 now and i will have the PS3 already in January?
Hope so, because I already bought it...

martinjuenke wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Maybe i got it now. So if i own already PS2.5 i can order just Breeze 2.0 now and i will have the PS3 already in January?
Hope so, because I already bought it...
Me too :D
It does sound so warm and wonderful. I mean B2 is still my fav but i can run so many instances of Breeze 2 that it unreal to sound that good.
I just played a few minutes with it and it´s THAT good for me.
Great work 2CAudio.

Just explored the color settings. Great addition. I´m a huge fan of these things. Even the right color can inspire me. I´m a huge fan of the Philips Ambilight TV´s and this will fit well with it :)
So i can already say it´s a fantastic audio/visual experience to play with Breeze 2.
Funny, i tried to automate the Hue setting....doesn´t work. Of course it isn´t important at all :D
There seems to be a few GUI issues here but since it´s a beta and everything else seems fine so far. Once i loaded some old presets into it and played with the new settings....blown away. It can be very transparent or add such a great color if you want. Love it.
Simon´s presets are wonderful too. Thank´s!

Andrew Souter wrote:it's kinda a bad design I agree. It is very easy to overlook or not find the forgotten password link. I've been wanting to fix this. I'll look into it with my webstore team.
There's also a problem with the CSS, at least on Safari. The banner obscures the top section of the user account pages so it hides the order history and vouchers link boxes, for example.

And the sign in box on Chrome doesn't stay open when you move away from so when you try to grab the login credentials from 1Password or something like that, the tool can't enter them. You have to copy and paste.

Other than that, it looks nice.

demo?

Andrew Souter wrote:I think it is specifically our Windows installer that does not work with Win 7. I am unsure if the plug itself works on Win7. But ya, I guess that would have to qualify officially as "not supported". :wink:
How do we try it then? Perfect Storm 2.5 user here, and (if it doesn't work in win7) I'm feeling screwed over tbh with you :x

Return to “Effects”